“Best activity yet... A Must Go!”
Review of Sierra Buggies

Sierra Buggies
Ranked #15 of 57 Tours in San Jose del Cabo
More attraction details
Owner description: Get way off the beaten track and explore the rugged terrain of Baja's High Sierra country! You'll drive your own 650cc Sand Spider buggy, specially adapted for the Baja's famous off-road trails, enjoying stunning desert landscapes as we traverse the protected UNESCO Biosphere Reserve north of Cabo San Lucas.Experience beautiful panoramic views and see a little of the hidden part of Cabo as we travel through mountain trails and dry river beds, taking in this spectacular work of nature, and finish off your tour with a swim in one of the Sierra's hidden freshwater pools.Discover Baja with us!
Reviewed 19 April 2013

First of all, Suzette is incredible and her team is equally so. This is my first time ever writing a review. I always read reviews to help make a purchasing decision. My wife has been saying for years I need to return the favor to others and write reviews of stuff I have purchased or events I have attended. This activity has motivated me to finally add my .02. Yes, you will be covered in dust and dirt, but the fun associated with driving these buggies and getting a first hand view of the terrain and cattle is incredible. We were in Cabo for Presidents Club for the company that I work for and this was one of the activities that I chose. what a great selection!

Suzette is a wealth of knowledge in providing an overview of the area, the terrain, wildlife, and the different cactus. The first half of the trip you are bugging up the mountain then take a break for lunch. You walk about a half mile and then a couple of 100 feet down a ravine to a picturesque watering hole that is fed by a mountain river. What an oasis! After having lunch we jumped from the rocks, maybe 10 to 12 feet high into the water. What a refreshing way to cool off and have some fun. I would suggest wearing a swim suit and water shoes and an easy to clean T-Shirt or a T-shirt that you will just throw away from the dust accumulated from the dune buggy ride. The swimsuit and swim shoes can easily be washed out.
The you get back on and complete some serious fast and furious dune buggying back down to home base for some cold beverages and you clean yourself off of all of the dust with the air hoses.
Yes, I wholeheartedly recommend this activity. Enjoy!

1  Thank Elliott-Methuen

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Excellent day - really enjoyed seeing the "back country" and spending some time with Sue and her staff. Buggies were a ton of fun and we even learned a bit about the local nature along the way.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

The first full day of our visit to Cabo San Lucas, we jumped on these buggies and had a LOT of fun. Flying through the sand next to the ocean, hitting some fun trails, driving down a dry river bed, and even going over a ramp or two - this excursion couldn't have been set up much better. No regrets! I would do this again and again!

Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

This buggy trip was alot of fun! Suzy, the guide was super nice and had alot of interesting stories. The oasis pond was beautiful with clear water, although the water was cold for this time of the year. My only complaint would be that I wished it lasted longer and I wished I'd also taken more pictures or video, but I was afraid to drop my camera on the bumpy ride. Overall, alot of fun and great sites.