“Good value.”

Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We went for Day of the Dead, 2013, and had a great time. I loved the food, chillaquilles for breakfast and lots of other choices. My spouse also enjoyed the food and he is sooo picky! He loved the fries. I loved the chicken tacos with fresh salsa. Bed was comfy, hotel was not busy so noise was not a problem. I am a bit of a clean freak and noticed walls and floors not too clean. The gardens were very nice, great bars, quiet or party music, it was easy to cruise around the resort, once you get your bearings. We checked in at night and had a tough time finding our room, I recommend asking for someone to take you to avoid getting lost and wandering all over like we did. The beach is massive; 200 yards to the water and you can't swim but it's fun to watch the surf pound. We did get to see turtles released; very cool! And saw many birds at the estuary. I found shopping in this town expensive and didn't shop much but I'm quite frugal. Go to the mercado municipal for vanilla and Oaxaca cheese. The pool bar was quite cool for the first few days but I think they turned the heat on and it got warm. Great staff, very happy with this resort and hope to go again in February. We got a deal and would go again for the same price.

Room Tip: Next time I will ask for a room facing the estuary on the main floor with a hammock. We could see th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,411)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Seamed like a bit of a couples resort, however me and my friends made the best of it and had a blast, the staff is awesome especially Rocio her personality is perfect for her job and did a great job at getting people to join activities and made the place a lot of fun, she was our favorite part of the trip, her and Carlos did an amazing job with the pool entertainment, the best bartenders ever Cruz and Edmund (after the first night I didn't even have to order they just knew what I wanted to drink), Oscar was also very helpful and nice. Would be nice if the bars stayed open longer than 12pm but there is lots of places to party in Cabo, so much fun. I really enjoyed my time there and would defiantly go back.

Room Tip: It was nice being close to the lobby and entertainment pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Overall the location, cleanliness of the rooms and the quality of the food are above average and delicious varied dishes everyday. Personal attention from the chef and check in - check out service was quick and friendly. However it was very disappointing the service provided or the lack of service itself at the buffet style restaurant especially from the waiters Sergio and Felipe who never greeted us or even offered coffee until I got up from my chair already upset end told Felipe if he could get us some coffee or if I had to get the pot myself. He just looked at me and said "The waiter will get you some". And walked away. We walked to the buffet in the meantime and when we got back there was no coffee. I got up again and a different waiter called Sergio finally got us some but after we finished those cups he never came back to offer more again; he was apparently too busy going out of his way to attend the other tables around us that were occupied by foreign guests. Before leaving the restaurant I called him over to ask the name of his Food and Beverage Manager which he apparently doesn't even know. We let him know the lack of service we hit from him and I personally told him the reason why our country Mexico doesn't move forward is because of people like him who need to learn to love his own country and his own people. He just looked at us and stared to argue back, an attitude which I find unacceptable coming from someone who's supposed to offer customer service. The reason why I have to mention this it's because I find it really disturbing to be in your own country and feeling discriminated by your own people. So sad to have a really beautiful hotel and destination like Los Cabos but the people who work there know little or nothing about treating and giving a good service which would provide an awesome experience and encourage our own people to travel within our own country and stimulate our own economy. Don't get me wrong though foreign travelers I just want to let the world know the lack of culture that we as a country have to discriminate our own. Aside from this incident my stay was pleasant but nonetheless I will never come Los Cabos again. I'd rather go to the other beach destinations available throughout Mexico where I certainly know I will be treated with dignity and respect.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Karla1281
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Karla1281,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering a world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please do accept our apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary service. I have taken note of your comments regarding restaurant service. Thank you for bringing these to our attention. We will address these with the proper department to improve the quality and service that we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

This is a great resort if what you are looking for is a nice quiet escape.
The rooms are clean and the staff is incredibly friendly.
There is not much evening entertainment, which is just fine with us. We were looking for a relaxing holiday where we had clean rooms, warm pools and good food.

The food was okay, it is not gourmet but it is all very good. The pools were warm the beer was cold the sun was hot. What more could you ask for.

If you're looking for five-star, this is not it. If you're looking for something that is a great value this is the place to go.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bcguy123
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was my third trip to Cabo, and have stayed at the Holiday Inn (Presidente) each time. My sole reason for going to Cabo is the fishing, and the staff, unlike at many of the other resorts, respect this and go out of their way to accomadate me. Wake up calls are punctual, cabs are always at the ready, even at 5am, and best of all, the hotel has no qualms about cooking the day,s catch for me. Our fresh tuna were cooked and artfully presented every time.
The meals are good and varied with something for everyone. Bar sevice is attentive and they remember you from day to day. Alma, at the adult pool bar is a real treat to talk to.
My review would not be complete without a special mention of Raul, the Manager. This gent has gone out of his way many times to ensure we have a good time. This latest trip, Sunwing managed to lose all my luggage for three days, and I am certain that without his intervention, I would still be without it.
I weill be returning to Cabo in a few months and would not even consider any other resort. I have stayed at various ones in Cuba, Dominican and PV, but The Holiday Inn is my go-to spot from now on.

Room Tip: Can't really add any tips regarding rooms. I've always left it to their descetion and never...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank OrilliaEarl
Reviewed 16 November 2013

At first glance this resort may get overlooked and I will admit that it is a bit tired. The food is not spectacular and the booze is certainly not top shelf. BUT....my wife and I were pleasantly surprised with this resort and throughout the week we stayed, we liked it a bit more everyday.

We were fortunate to come when it was not too busy. I am so tired of resorts where you have to get to the pool by 7am to grab a chair. After all its a vacation, and I want to sleep in a bit. No problem here...we never came out any earlier than 11am and had plenty of spots to choose from.

For the most part the other guests were great people and very friendly. One or two drunken idiots but that happens in an all inclusive. My wife and I met so many wonderful people throughout the week - some we will look forward to keeping in touch.

Lets be perfectly honest here. This is not a 5 star resort and to be fair, it does not claim to be. And, it does not charge 5 star prices either. It is a budget-friendly resort that seems to appeal to a lot of different types including families with young kids, baby boomers and empty-nesters. Its pretty quiet and San Jose del Cabo doesn't have much of a night life. College kids might hate it and would like Cabo better.

The absolute best thing about this resort is the staff. They are super friendly and have a "can do" attitude and will go out of their way to make the guest's stay more enjoyable. The work so hard and even though tips are very appreciated, at no time did any of them offer lesser service to non-tippers. A shout out to Luiz at the Delphin bar. Great personality and he kept the drinks coming with a smile.

We had a great time and will definitely consider coming back!

Room Tip: The lanai rooms on the ground floor have hammocks which are fun to relax in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave T
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were there Nov 11-15-2013. We have always stayed ocean view/lanai (Bldg #1 or # 7). This time our room was pool view/lanai (activities pool Bldg #4). We enjoyed being closer to all the activity vs. the outer areas where it is so quiet. Great place to stay if you are looking for a family orientated resort away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. Buffet breakfast great-buffet lunch and dinner good. A la carte dinner is usually 4 courses with 3 choices from each course. The resort is very clean and the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. The rooms need to be updated!!!! Take some Pesos as some things are less expensive using pesos (cab to airport 250 p- $45 USD).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family