My sister and I just returned from the Holiday Inn Resort in Los Cabos, Mexico on December 2, 2012. Since the booking was compliments of my brother-in-law, I had no reason to complain! However, admittedly, I was skeptical and somewhat worried after being accustomed to consistently stay at Sandals 5 start resorts for the past 10 years.
What a pleasant surprise! We were given a Garden View room with hammock just merely steps away from the main activities pool that had everything going on, a swim-up bar and bar.
My sister, Diana, was scoping out the reviews daily to have an eagle eye out on any pitfalls to be aware of. The only thing that appeared to be consistently negative was the food reviews. Who goes on vacation for the food? If you do, the food here is absolutely fine. You have multitude of choices to fresh salads, fruit, entre-themed nights, and a-la-carte to chose from. What sets this resort apart is the staff -- Rojellio the waiter who worked endlessly, Cruiz at the central bar, Antonio at the jewellery shop. You can have room service if you want, or if you have someone who has trouble walking around. The natural gifts within your reach is the bird sanctuary and what I found outstanding: watching how meticulous they preserve, help the baby turtles that you can see hatch before your eyes right on the resort. The staff there were very helpful, informative, and let you know when they were going to release the baby turtles to the sea -- my sister said her daughter paid $85 U.S. for this in Vallarta this past spring! If quiet, restful vacation is what you want -- there is a designated quiet "Adult" pool where those that want to just bask in the sun, dip in the pool, read or book, or quench their thirst at the nearby bar. Obviously, I didn't spend any time at the family area, did see a few families, but not too many. Perhaps because of the time of the year. If you want to stay up a bit later past dinner, there is a Patio bar if you want to party hard, socialize with people, sip beer or wine or take Tequila shots! It is merely a 15 minute walk or 5 minute cab ride to San Jose - we went for a bite to eat and shopped the jewellery and art boutiques. If you don't want to travel far, the resort has hand-picked merchants selling their wares right by the main pool and they monitor/police the beaches to prevent anyone from being bothered by impromptu sellers. The only real disappointment was the strength of the undertow prevented anyone from swimming on the beach, however, I did walk along barefoot after watching the release of the baby turtles so I wasn't hard done by. The key to this resort, like any holiday .... you make it the way you want it -- there is socializing if you're feeling talkative, there is quiet areas if you seek quietness and solitude, there are activities if you want to be energetic. The grounds rival any 5-star resorts as you see gardeners and pool cleaners quietly and effortless keeping the environment beautiful and unassuming. At the end of the day: I got more than I bargained for: I came home with a few new spanish words (they appreciate when you try to speak to them in their language) a tan, rested and an enhanced bond with a wonderful sister whom shared making new friends from Canada, the US and the wonderful, friend Mexican people. It was obvious that this was a quiet secret as we met many people who were repeat visitors (our neighbour had been to this resort 9 years in a row) with many whom had met there and reunited often between Canadian and American lifelong friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between a white sand beach and the Sierra de San Lazaro Mountains, Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos is truly "at one" with the environment. At or near the resort, you'll golf, play tennis, swim and ride horses while younger guests explore the Chiqui Kids Club. To expand your fun in the sun, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo are minutes away. Two restaurants, one Buffet and one a la carte, room service, 6 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Cabos Hotel
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos Resort
- Intercontinental San Jose Del Cabo
- Los Cabos Presidente
- Presidente Cabo
- El Presidente Cabo
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo