“Great Time”

Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was a great relaxing holiday, The staff, from David at check in to all the waiters, Gonzalo, Oscar, Felipe, Mario, they were all fantastic. The grounds were immaculate groomed to perfection. The Hotel is not party central, but it was just right for us. The house keeping staff were very good too, especially Sarai, The pools were kept very clean, and the bars were stocked with all a person would need. The food was good and any one that complained, if they did, should give their heads a shake. No need to get up early to reserve a pool recliner, this should not be allowed anyway, lots of places to lay out in the sun. Plenty of lounges on the beach too. All in all a very nice holiday and just what we were looking for.

Room Tip: Building #5
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank English101

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Holiday Inn Los Cabos was awesome!! EVERYTHING was clean, from the bedsheets to the bathrooms. My best friend and I traveled 12/13-12/16 and while it wasn't the party scene we had hoped for the guests we met and the staff there made it fun! Gonzolo made our breakfast experience wonderful each morning but Carlos (the one up front by check-in) did everything in his power to make sure our stay was wonderful. We will be back because these guys did such an awesome job!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JennaRae03
Reviewed 15 December 2013

On this trip we decided to visit the entire lower Baji Peninsula and the Holiday Inn was our first stop. We arrived at 10pm and David at the front desk allowed us to skip signing in till we could grab a bite to eat. Found all the meals excellent, the staff was very friendly, room (partial ocean view) was clean-great bed! Incredible beach to walk on, especially along the north end with all the birds. Stayed three nights, Dec 3-5 and would stay again.
Michael
Brimfield MA

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Had a wonderful week's holiday Nov 25 to Dec 2. This isn't a "party" resort so the mood was mellow and quiet. Very much a Mexican feel. Got off to a rocky start upon arrival but the rest of the week went very well. Staff friendly and very accommodating. Food was excellent and dietary requests were met. The town of San Jose was a 20 minute walk and we enjoyed the Christmas preparations, organic market, shops and restaurants. The bird sanctuary next to the resort was a pleasant surprise and made for an optional way to walk to town. The release of baby turtles into the ocean each afternoon at sunset was a bonus! We did not participate in many of the activities at the resort but did enjoy the evening entertainment and the a la carte restaurants. The purpose of the trip was to relax and escape the snow for a week and the resort met the expectations. The resort is at the end of hotel row so is more secluded. Vendors were on the beach but not aggressive and never ventured on to hotel property. We intend to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank LynnR66
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We had an ocean view room - gorgeous anywhere. I have been to many all inclusive resorts and this one was very disappointing. The only reason I had fun was the people I was surrounded with :)

There were barely any activities (though poolside Bingo with Nacho and Rocio was really fun!) - the beach volleyball net was not in playable condition. I like vacations with lots of activities (volleyball, soccer, yoga, etc.) so this was not the resort for me. If you like to sit by the pool and roast all day everyday and not be bothered, then this may be a good place for you. I say sit by the pool, because in Cabo you will not be going near the dangerous, riptide water - no swimming in the ocean. Up to you if that's something important.

The food was okay.

Some of the staff were amazing, and some of the staff were lazy/boderline rude.

It served its purpose as a cheap last minute vacation, but I will not be going back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Jennifer D,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My sister and I just returned from the Holiday Inn Resort in Los Cabos, Mexico on December 2, 2012. Since the booking was compliments of my brother-in-law, I had no reason to complain! However, admittedly, I was skeptical and somewhat worried after being accustomed to consistently stay at Sandals 5 start resorts for the past 10 years.

What a pleasant surprise! We were given a Garden View room with hammock just merely steps away from the main activities pool that had everything going on, a swim-up bar and bar.

My sister, Diana, was scoping out the reviews daily to have an eagle eye out on any pitfalls to be aware of. The only thing that appeared to be consistently negative was the food reviews. Who goes on vacation for the food? If you do, the food here is absolutely fine. You have multitude of choices to fresh salads, fruit, entre-themed nights, and a-la-carte to chose from. What sets this resort apart is the staff -- Rojellio the waiter who worked endlessly, Cruiz at the central bar, Antonio at the jewellery shop. You can have room service if you want, or if you have someone who has trouble walking around. The natural gifts within your reach is the bird sanctuary and what I found outstanding: watching how meticulous they preserve, help the baby turtles that you can see hatch before your eyes right on the resort. The staff there were very helpful, informative, and let you know when they were going to release the baby turtles to the sea -- my sister said her daughter paid $85 U.S. for this in Vallarta this past spring! If quiet, restful vacation is what you want -- there is a designated quiet "Adult" pool where those that want to just bask in the sun, dip in the pool, read or book, or quench their thirst at the nearby bar. Obviously, I didn't spend any time at the family area, did see a few families, but not too many. Perhaps because of the time of the year. If you want to stay up a bit later past dinner, there is a Patio bar if you want to party hard, socialize with people, sip beer or wine or take Tequila shots! It is merely a 15 minute walk or 5 minute cab ride to San Jose - we went for a bite to eat and shopped the jewellery and art boutiques. If you don't want to travel far, the resort has hand-picked merchants selling their wares right by the main pool and they monitor/police the beaches to prevent anyone from being bothered by impromptu sellers. The only real disappointment was the strength of the undertow prevented anyone from swimming on the beach, however, I did walk along barefoot after watching the release of the baby turtles so I wasn't hard done by. The key to this resort, like any holiday .... you make it the way you want it -- there is socializing if you're feeling talkative, there is quiet areas if you seek quietness and solitude, there are activities if you want to be energetic. The grounds rival any 5-star resorts as you see gardeners and pool cleaners quietly and effortless keeping the environment beautiful and unassuming. At the end of the day: I got more than I bargained for: I came home with a few new spanish words (they appreciate when you try to speak to them in their language) a tan, rested and an enhanced bond with a wonderful sister whom shared making new friends from Canada, the US and the wonderful, friend Mexican people. It was obvious that this was a quiet secret as we met many people who were repeat visitors (our neighbour had been to this resort 9 years in a row) with many whom had met there and reunited often between Canadian and American lifelong friends.

Room Tip: Next time (and there will be) I am going to request a Garden View room facing the Adult Quiet Pool a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank optioneerJM
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our 1st trip to Los Cabos with my husband.
Essentially the most outstanding staff and service I have EVER had the pleasure of dealing with while on vacation. The staff made EVERY effort to make our stay the most enjoyable. The grounds were spotless and clean - never a piece of debris or garbage to be seen. The staff always passed by with a wide smile and a "hola" no matter what job or task they were absorbed in.
Our server Gonzalo enthusiastically greeted us each morning for breakfast. His generous smile and exceptional service were handsomely rewarded with a well deserved tip during our 9 days. He recommended the Jugo Verdi - a blend of celery and pineapple juice which fast became our favorite breakfast beverage. Gonzalo quickly learned our favorite drinks and served them promptly before we even had a chance to ask. At our request he even schooled us in some Spanish. He was delightful and made us look forward to seeing his smiling face every day!
Unfortunately, the buffet food was horribly sub-standard. On the other hand, the a-la-cart was quite good.
San Jose del Cabo was historically refreshing with ample shops, galleries and quaint restaurants. The Art Walk is a must and was our most memorable experience.
As for our room, it was overly spacious and included all the basic necessities. The bed mattress was very firm (but tolerable) and the pillows very soft (we ordered a couple more). The Cleaning staff did an OUTSTANDING job. I am a clean freak and I wiped down every inch of the room with alcoholic wipes - there was not a SPEC of dust to be found anywhere. The bed linens were changed daily and the bathroom was scrubbed daily.
We stayed in the "adult" section near the adult pool. We loved our room, but missed not having a balcony. No noise, no music, no distractions - only the soothing sound of the surf crashing against the shore. We did not miss swimming in the ocean as the resort offered 3 large pools to cool off in and play and get wet.
The on-site vendors were charming and non-invasive - unlike Puerto Vallarta where they are driven to make sales like sharks are driven to eat seals. I particularly loved painting my own pottery and having Alejandro put the finishing touches on it before firing it and returning it the following day. To my surprise my piece of mexican art was far better than I could have ever expected. Thank you Alejandro!
Congratulations Holiday Inn on having the Best Staff working at your resort!!
I would stay at the Holiday Inn Resort again but not "all-inclusive".
Note: We would definitely become more regular guests if you ever decide to change your buffet food selection.

Room Tip: It is extremely beautiful to wake to the eastern sunrise from an ocean view room. The Adult section...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple