My 3 daughters (ages 16, 20, 22), wife and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Holiday Inn Resort in San Jose del Cabo. It was nice, but nothing to brag about. It was the first time we had stayed in less than a 4-star all-inclusive resort, and we could certainly see the difference. For those who have never stayed in 4-star and above resorts this resort would probably seem wonderful, but it really is a 3.5 star resort at best. It has well maintained grounds, clean though very simple rooms, and 3 nice pools. What it doesn't have is a lot of variety in activities, food, and fun.
There are a few things I wish I would have known prior to going that I think will be helpful for those considering this hotel. There is very little air-conditioning, anywhere, other than your room. There is one restaurant that has ac, but that is about it, the rest of the places to eat are all open air... even the evening lounge does not have it.
There is no live music at the pool or in the lounge. There was a live singer once who sang to pre-recorded music, but that was it.
There are a few evenings where there is an outdoor show. It is something to watch, but not very professional... kind of what you might expect for a cultural day at your kids' high school.
The food is very limited. This was probably the biggest disappointment to my family. The places to eat each night are limited to one or two places, and the food is repeated every couple days. It was tasty, but the selection was very limited. It was nothing like what you get at 4-star and above resorts.
There is no concierge, though there is an activities desk that can help you arrange trips through their company.
The lobby is overrun with the timeshare folks...3-6 of them at any given time. They will takeover your check-in if you let them, so beware.
The hotel seems to be popular among the Mexican nationals, and perhaps they are the primary targets for the timeshare pitch, but while we were there we saw very few Americans, and were amazed at how few people spoke English. This is not intended to be negative or positive, it is just something to note. I tend to think that the Mexican nationals would not be as put off by the lack of air-conditioning on the property as were the few Americans with whom I spoke.
The hotel is in a great location to walk into the town square and to shop, and I would highly advise doing that if you stay here... or take the bus, the "Urbano", for 1 dollar. It was safe and quick.
I think this hotel would be a great choice for someone with younger children, as they do have a kids program, and those on a tighter budget, and those wanting some quiet relaxation. This is not the place if you have teenagers or young adults, are into activities (there are no water sports available at all), like to hit the lounge at night to listen to music and/or meet people, or are a foodie.
Again, this is not a bad hotel, it is just not what you would expect if you are use to staying in 4-5 star places. Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? No... unless they were really on a budget and they had never really traveled much before. For first timers and those with minimal expectations this place would probably shine because the grounds are beautiful, but for those who have experienced a variety of resorts and can afford a little better, this would not be the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between a white sand beach and the Sierra de San Lazaro Mountains, Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos is truly "at one" with the environment. At or near the resort, you'll golf, play tennis, swim and ride horses while younger guests explore the Chiqui Kids Club. To expand your fun in the sun, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo are minutes away. Two restaurants, one Buffet and one a la carte, room service, 6 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Cabos Hotel
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos Resort
- Intercontinental San Jose Del Cabo
- Los Cabos Presidente
- Presidente Cabo
- El Presidente Cabo
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo