“Wonderful hotel for a relaxing quiet vacation”

Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Kelowna, Canada
“Wonderful hotel for a relaxing quiet vacation”
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Very clean, friendly sincere staff, well run facility. We were there from March 6-20. If you're looking for nightlife this is not your hotel but if you are looking for a comfortable family vacation or a quiet couples vacation then this is an excellent choice.
Breakfasts and Lunches were very delicious with lots of choices. Buffet Dinners were not as good but the a la cart restaurants offered some other variety.
We spent most of our time around the "quiet pool" close to the estuary but if you wanted more activity you could choose either of the other pools, the "noisy pool" of the "family pool"
The reservation system for the a la cart restaurant could be improved and a time limit on the use of the free computers would help discourage "computer hogs" but these were minor issues.
Overall very good value. We would go back again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bfeeny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (832)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I only stayed here one night but I still felt that was too long. The hotel was not to my normal standard. It is all-inclusive and the price was very inexpensive. But- you get what you pay for. The rooms were a minimum level of cleanliness/sanitation and the rooms/linens/food were all shabby and drab. Although the rooms were "sanitary", it wasn't a comfortable setting to be relaxing in for any extended period of time. I gave the rooms a 2 stars (versus 1) because it wasn't the absolute worse conditions on the earth, but for me, it wasn't a vacation spot at all.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank syknyc
Oney, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this review, 23 March 2009
I would have to agree with the title, in that a One Night stay, is "Not a vacation,"....

Nonetheless, I have to respect the fact that personal impressions and observations have their place. Being the more seasoned and established property in San Jose, I fully understand that there are newer and more posh/plush properties in the area, however, I feel that our reputation remains in that there are few resorts who can attain the consistent standards and levels of genuine pleasant service than here at the Presidente InterContinental Los Cabos.

Additionally, I will also agree to a certain degree with the review, in that I do not find it comfortable to spend my entire vacation time in my guest room... In fact, I am most generally only there about 15% of the waking hours of my vacation. However, if you only spend one night somewhere, I can understand how that may seem to be longer in comparison with the overall time one would be at the resort.

I regret that the first impression on this ocassion left little for the reviewer to be desired, however, I trust that the overall consensus of a typical vacation would be quite positive.

Regards,

Michael Oney
Joseph, Oregon
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Our trip was 02-4-09 through 02-07-09. We quickly learned the routine. The buffet style breakfast was wonderful with the chefs were willing to cook special order omlets that they delievered to our table. Plenty to eat and lots of choices including pastries, meats, juices, fresh fruit, eggs, coffee, tea etc. One waiter even got us Bailey's for our coffee!
The staff is always polite and helpful. There are several bars located at the restaurants, pools and the lobby, and all drinks are included unless you want the special expensive bottle of wine. Major brand liquor is poored freely.
Two restaurants are open for lunch each day and for dinner each night. There is a resaruant and bar on the beach that serves typical Mexican and American dishes.. Dinner requires a reservation made early (before 10 AM in person at the consiers. Everything is included and the food is good. Don't be afraid to send something back if it is not to your liking. The staff wants to please and will re-cook or replace your dinner with no problem.
The pools and grounds are very nice, and there is allot of beach to walk. There is a small business center with adequate computers and high speed Internet and a small and adequate fitness center. We would definately return. One of the best vacations we have had.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DanHolub
British Columbia
Reviewed 12 March 2009

Our stay was from Mar 2-9th. My family chose this All inclusive resort after reading many reviews and decided that this was the place for us. We have 2 small children ages 17 months and 5 years. Our 5 year old had the time of her life...the kids club and pools were her main source of entertainment, not to mention the nightly shows which she loved as well! Before arriving I had emailed Mr. Oney about a couple of things such as having a crib put in our room and upon arrival it was quick and easy...and there in our room was the crib. later on after going down to the pools I saw Mr. Oney again and he asked if everything was okay, and if I needed anything else..I told him yes, I would like a mini fridge and he had already had that taken care of!!! Not sure how he knew...maybe it was the kids and he knew I would need it?! Not sure but he was on top of it!!! He is a very nice man!
As for the hotel and property, it was very well maintained and clean...the rooms were nice, clean and roomy enough for the 4 of us! The pools are all very nice and the activity pool was entertaining with the young man that was getting the activities together....he always made funny comments and made you laugh! The food was very good and the staff was very friendly. We especially enjoyed Gustavo from the Napa restaurant... he was awesome and our kids loved him! So we went there to eat most of the time!!!
The entertainment was good...Our daughter was always dancing or playing in the sand beside the stage! The drinks were good...If I wanted a stronger drink I just asked but my main reason for going on vacation is to remember it and not be overly intoxicated the whole time, so weaker drinks are fine by me!!!
The beach is absolutely gorgeous....it goes on and on....My 5 year old was able to go in the ocean and play in the waves a couple of the days that we were there...but on the tail end of our stay the weather was breezy and the waves were bigger...so you need to be careful. The location of the hotel is not bad....like in other reviews, the Mega store is about 15 or 20 mins from the hotel. We walked to town a few times to shop and if you take a taxi it was pretty much 50 pesos everytime to go to town. So not too bad if you want to taxi one way and walk back. I only had 1 thing that I thought was out of line and that was the internet cost @ 15 USD per day! Unfortunately, my husband had some business to do and had to send a few emails, BUT he couldn't send to a .com address and he couldn't send attachments! So the having the internet was limiting and frustrating for him! Poor guy was stressed for a few hours trying to get an important email sent! We had to send without an attachment from our hometown internet user site, the attachment was quarantened from the receiver of the email and they couldn't see it! So this was a bit frustrating and the only problem we had.
All in all this is a wonderful place to vacation and I would recomend it to everyone! We had a great time and would love to visit again!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Dyzzi
Reviewed 11 March 2009

My husband and I and three other couples stayed at the Presidente March 4-8. We had an excellent time! We had a large group (8), so I was worried about reservations for a group that size because of what I had read about standing in line and making reservations. But I sent an email to the hotel manager and I received a note back the same day! They made reservations for us each night so we were able to sit together as a group, not to mention we were treated like royalty! It was my husband's birthday while we were there, so I asked if we could get a slice of cake to celebrate. Stephan, the restaurant manager, had a whole cake made for us! I echo the other reviews that the service at this resort is excellent! We also had great service in the restaurant (Rogelio) and in the lobby bar (petite woman I cannot remember her name). The grounds and pool areas were very well maintained. This is overall a really great value.

I do have to agree with some of the other reviews that the food was not that great. The breakfast was good as was the lunch in the cantina (caribeno), but the dinners weren't that great. Especially one night in the El Patio restaurant, some of us opted to pay extra for the lobster and steak, but we found that both were overdone and not worth the extra money. The food in the Napa restaurant was better, all of us ladies loved the margarita pizza. Lastly, the maid service was spotty. A few of the days we had good service and the room was left clean, but other days not so good (they left a cleaning rag on my suitcase and didn't give us a bath mat).

Overall, we were very pleased with this resort and would recommend it to others! It was a great place to relax and the service was truly wonderful!

Thank you Michael, Stephan, Romina, and the rest of the Presidente staff!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank stpaulgirl26
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 March 2009

Just returned March 9. Had a great time - would go back here again.
Check in: fast and efficient. Emailed the manager prior to leaving and we were given a great room, 1120, beach side, near quiet Adult pool with a hammock. Rooms are dated but clean.
Food: overall, very good. Much better than other places we've stayed. Everyone should be able to find something to eat. On the mexican fiesta night, my boyfriend didn't talk the entire time because the food was so good - he just kept eating and moaning! All the meat they grill is fantastic - try it!
Pools/Grounds: clean, beautiful. Beach is long but still easily accessible. Vendors leave you alone unless you are interested. I'm still not sure why people go to the beach and sit at the pool???
Lobby/bars/pools/towels - only takes a few minutes to get everywhere on the resort. Pools were clean and warm. Don't save the chairs - we never had trouble finding anywhere to sit and it made us mad to see chairs reserved for hours with NO ONE in them. Estuary next door is great - great walking tour.
Weather: great, wear sunscreen. Don't care if you went tanning before hand. The sun is different and we saw a lot of burned folks - don't ruin your vacation!
Service/Staff: Can't say enough about them. Fabulous! Always happy and helpful. Never had trouble getting anything we needed. But tip them! They are the hardest working people I've ever seen. A few bucks goes a long way. Our room was cleaned daily but sometimes, didn't get a bath mat. Left a note for more water and never had to ask again.

Overall, a great trip. We had some bad flights on the way down (thanks US Airways!) but really enjoyed our time at IC. Bring bug spray if bugs bother you at night. They do have call liquor but you have to ask for it. Remember, this is Mexico. Five stars in the US is different in Mexico. Get over yourself and just enjoy it. We heard people complaining and were shocked at how rude they were! Relax, have a drink, and be nice to everyone.

Can't speak about the towns since we stayed on the resort the entire time. But talked with other people that said it was worth going into town.

Thanks IC - we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Love2travel_495
stephlee552001
Reviewed 9 March 2009

We stayed at the Presidente for five days and had a fabulous time. All of the staff was very nice, we loved the pool bartender and the resort was really nice. Our hotel room was very nice, had plenty of room. The hotel's shuttle makes it very easy to get to the Los Cabos cheaply. We went into the resort knowing the food was not going to be gourmet but thoroughly enjoyed all of the food at the snack bar. The resort is for a family/older crowd but we had fun becaue it was relaxing.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
#41 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive? Share your experiences!