Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Hotel El Ganzo(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$311
Posada Real Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$107
Bookit.com
Royal Solaris Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$197
  • Pool
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$605
US$590
El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$110
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$224
  • Pool
Tropicana Inn(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$122
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$329
  • Pool
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$418
US$407
  • Breakfast included
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)
US$1,015
US$935
3,566 results
All reviewsactivities pooladult poolfamily poollanai roomsan joselos cabosthe cantinael patiobird sanctuarysnack bara la carte restaurantnachosthird floorbike tourmexican fiesta nightala carttennis courts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I was debating between giving this hotel a 4 or 5 rating, and probably would have given it a 4.5, if given the choice, but since we had such a good time, and they try hard to please, I decided to "round up". This was the first resort hotel our family has ever returned to, having made our first trip here a year ago. However, just because I gave it a rating of "5", does not mean that it is a "5-star" property, and if you need the glitz of the Bellagio or luxury of a Four Seasons to be happy, you probably won't be happy hear. However you'll probably need to pay twice or three times the price of the Presidente to get that. What I believe Presidente aims for is a mid range family-friendly hotel, and they have done a great job of achieving that goal.

As some have stated before, this is an older property, but remember the old real estate adage "location, location, location?" It is a good sized property, but because it was likely built when land was widely available, they were able to build size by going outward, rather than upward, and that has created three swimming pools in different locations, beautiful cactus gardens, tennis courts, and plenty of room to roam, while still remaining within the comfort and security of the resort grounds. Newer properties just aren't built with that amount of open space anymore. About the only thing new properties have, that I missed here, is that the bedrooms now days tend to be designed with multiple conveniently placed electrical outlets to recharge your electronic gadgets. As this was likely the first major hotel built on the area, they've picked the best beach location, at the end of a long, wide stretch, with a fresh water estuary one side (great for bird watching), and a bit of space before the next hotel on the other. With the exception of a small location near the estuary, where the sand did have a higher coral content, the sand is soft and comfortable to walk with bare feet, and I think most will find the afternoon sun heating up the sand to be a bigger problem. Despite the red flags and that some call this an "unswimmable" beach, we swam in the ocean almost every day and really enjoyed it. There was nothing resembling an undertow, and there were only a couple waves big enough to knock over my 80 lb son, and force sand into areas of the human body where sand was not meant to be! We did most of our swimming when the tide was lower, so there was no real drop-off in the sea floor level. That said, this is not a spot to leave your toddler playing unattended at water's edge, or where you could nap on while floating on your inflatable mattress.

The rooms are simple but comfortable, and though the bed was firmer than I have at home, we slept well. With our 2 kids, we did enjoy paying a little extra for a ground floor room with a patio and hammock, but the basic rooms would be plenty big for a couple. The bathrooms have a decent sized walk in shower, but no tub, which was fine for me as I don't think I have EVER taken a bath at a hotel.

The food ranged from good to excellent, with one buffet and one reservation restaurant open every night. In particular when operating at or near capacity, I would like to have seen two of the a la carte restaurants open, in addition to the buffet. There was plenty of variety too, though if one was staying for several weeks as some do, I could see the desire to try something different. We left the kids alone one night to order room service, and went into San Jose for a great meal and a "date night", but the Presidente is priced so reasonably, I didn't feel the need to eat every single meal on premises to "get my money's worth." The drinks were good and plenty strong for my taste though I would have like to see more choices of beer. Though the bar in the snack bar out towards the beach was open late one night for Karaoke, generally it was just the lobby bar that was open in the evenings. I would have preferred if the bar in the snack bar was the one they kept open at night, so one could enjoy a drink and the light entertainment while sitting on the sand or listening to the sound of the ocean in the background.

The first half of our week, the hotel did not seem very full, the last wew days, into the pre-Easter week, it did seem more full, but there was still no problems getting a table at dinner, or finding a few lounge chairs togther by the pool, even when showing up at mid day. There were alwsa

Club at the Presidente, or something similar, was the name of their timeshare like program. Though 15 years ago I swore I would never do another timeshare presentation, this one was conveniently located here at the resort, I had some interest in coming back to the Presidente for future vacations, my kids really wanted to do the overpriced swim with the dolphins, and the Club agreed to pay for most of that, so I figured I'd hear what that had to say. It was basically pay upfront to get access to discounted Intercontinental ( and other) hotel rates, and to other travel discounts. As I had no way of knowing if the rates they had, for example at the Intercon in Madrid was truly a great deal or not, I used as a benchmark my current stay, for my family of 4, at this hotel. They were able to offer $142 a night for a room that Bookit.com had on special for $138! Or ignoring specials and short notice deals, this Club would could get a room for $194 that would typically sell for $240. So I'm thinking, OK, I like to save a little money...how much do they want to join this Club...$199? $999? No, they wanted $16,800! They the went on to tell me savings would be better at other, non all inclusive hotels, but by that time they had lost all credibility in my eyes...Joining the Club, and also for my time at this presentation, they said would get me 1/2 price on a whole bunch of activities around Cabo. My kids wanted to do the tandem parasailing, so they produced a CaboRey brochure showing a $100 price, which we signed the kids up for, for $50....Later we go to the Caborey desk at the marina to check in, and there the price posted was $55 for the tandem parasailing!...Bottom line for us, these timeshare or vacation club "deals" are no better than they were 15 years ago, though if someone has the facts and data to convince me otherwise, please do! I will give the hotel credit for keeping these sales people from not being too aggressive or pushy in the lobby, or at the end of the presentation, and really only took about 15 minutes longer than the 90 minute allotted time.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank arf1410
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Well lets get one thing straight, this hotel is not 5 star. The staff most definitely is. The location is great, the gardens super. The pools very good and the food excellent. The only reason the hotel itself is not 5 star is its age. We had a great two weeks and will go back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JethroOntario
Reviewed 3 April 2009

We stayed at Presidente March 24 to March 31.
We've been traveling to different parts of Mexico for the past 10 years, always stayed at an AI.
Check-In: flawless, very quick, we arrived at the hotel around 2:30PM and our room was ready
Rooms: standard, clean, beautiful view. We stayed in room 7117 which is a great location, close to the beach, family pool, Napa restaurant, away from the nightly entertainment and activity pool - meaning our 4 year old can nap peacefully. Some people complain about mattress being too hard, I found them very comfortable.
The only two complains about the rooms are: no screen for the balcony door (bring mosquito spray as the bugs will get into your room) and air-conditioning was very loud.

Food: it was good, pretty much exactly what most of other AI's offer. We ate at the buffet all nights except one. We made reservations for dinner at Napa, I must say the food presentation was beautiful and the deserts just delicious.
Breakfast had a fruit and sweet pastries selection, pancakes, French toasts, scrambled eggs. Lunch was good at both the snack bar and Napa, most of the time we ate at Napa as it is self served, at the snack bar you have to sit down and wait for the waiter to get your order which sometimes took a while. The nachos at snack bar with guacamole where great. Dinner had variety as well; all kinds of meet cuts were very good, well cooked and spiced. Salad bar was also excellent.

Beach: very long stretch of sand, not the Cancun/Riviera Maya kind of sand. This sand was very coarse which did not bother me but it was difficult to walk on for my 4 year old son, so bring water shoes for your kids and everything will be fine. The water is not swimmable but still beautiful to look at and very fun for the kids to skip the waves

Pools: very good, this was actually the first AI we stayed at that actually had heated pools. We stayed around family pool all of the time, nice, loungers were always easy to find, plenty of towels at the towel booth.

Drinks: Ok, if you wanted something stronger just say so to the waiter. Tell them you want double the alcohol. Beer was good, pinacolatas were good, mango margaritas were good, the only complain I have is that they did not have mohitos at all! strange as they did serve rum and used mint for garnishing food, very very disappointing as this is my drink of choice

service: excellent, from maids to front desk and everybody in between

area: relaxing, beautiful grounds, breathtaking sunrises, close to town

Ok, so to summarize I would say we had very relaxing vacation. This is a good place to stay in if that is what you are looking for. Mr Oney does a great job running this property.
It was not difficult to bump into him throughout the day as he mingled with the staff and guests all the time around family pool and restaurants and lobby. We spoke to him upon our arrival in the lobby and guess what he's not only a great manager but he also knows who lightning McQueen and Mater are! :)) So he won my son over in the first 5 minutes we were there. Congratulations to him and the staff on job well done.
The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is because of lound AC in the room and lack of mohitos.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jolajarek
Reviewed 3 April 2009

This was our first winter vacation and we had a great time. We enjoyed everything and had no complaints. The staff at the resort are second to none. Very friendly and accomodating. Gustavo in the Napa restaurant was an absolute pleasure to see every morning. Francesco in the Cantina always greeted you with a smile and was an excellent waiter. Elma, the bartender at the adult pool was the best. She has been there for many, many years and knows how to make her customers happy. The food at the resort was very good and the entertainment was great. We walked into the town many times and shopped in the small shops. They always had a deal for us, "almost free today". The festival was on while we were there which was great as we were able to experience more of the Mexican culture. The beach and the pools were awesome. The weather was great and I would go back back in a heartbeat! Cudos to the management and staff of the resort, you made our vacation a memorable one!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2009

We booked a last minute trip and decided to stay away from Cabo San Lucas. This hotel was perfect for a very quiet, relaxing trip. The food was as expected from an all inclusive, the drinks were strong, and the staff very friendly. The rooms were clean, but nothing luxurious. There were always loungers available around the pools and hammocks on the beach. Overall a great place to relax and avoid the crowds.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends