“Stay at Senor Manana”

Hotel Posada Senor Manana
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This place can't be beat for staying in San Jose. The owner Hernan and his family are absolutely great hosts. The place was amazing and with a wonderful kitchen and plenty of area to hang out and have fun in. Hernan made fantastic espressos in the morning and had a bike to borrow for the afternoon. The rooms were incredibly clean, comfortable and affordable. The location right next to the Plaza can't be beat, everything is just a short walk away. Hernan can also help arrange trip to and from the airport. This is definitely the place to stay if you want a unique and authentic experience in San Jose.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank kaakuheit

Reviewed 28 October 2011

a great stay with people i now consider great friends. the operators of this little oasis just outside of the towns main plaza really go above and beyond from helping with arrival/departure, to advice-help in getting to the nicest beaches, best restaurants and some super night venues. run by a super family. very swis-family robinsen reking to and from the communal kitchen to sitting areas to your room all on cement walkways through the trees (coconut,mango etc.). it definately is the best value in the whole area and a very fun place to stay. i dont know what it was like in the 90's, but ive been there 2009, 2010 and 2011 and stayed for weeks! one of the highlights of my trip for sure!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank kentn917
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Affordable, very clean, very safe and lots of fun.
The family managing the place would go out of their way to help us every, this kind of help really made a big difference and travelling with little ones became much smoother and relaxing. This place and their people provided us with an amazing opportunity to interact directly with the Mexican culture in a very safe and fun environment. We will go back next year.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank camilaloca
Reviewed 21 February 2009

We stay just one night, the place is nice and also the owner was very friendly. the room was not so clean and the bathroom was not comfortable

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2007

Looks as though this was a fun place to stay at one time. We were the ony people there the night we stayed there (booked for three nights but left after one). The place was in very much need of a face lift, it looked as though it had been neglected for some time. The room was VERY basic to say the least. My wife and I have backpacked extensively (in younger days) and this was right in there with the average shoestring travel hotel (minus the other travelers). To make my nights sleep worse our room lock was insecure, much to my wifes amusement I took one look at it and open it with our rental car key (took me about 3 seconds).
Anyway Osa the lady who ran the place confirmed they were closing soon in part because of problems with the hotel next door that had taken the same name. Anyway if it does stay open take my advice and if the budget can stretch the extra $50 check out the Tropicana (felt like we'd spent four times as much not just double).

• Stayed: February 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Markh136
Reviewed 11 July 2006

Stayed at Senor Manana in June '06. We are very experienced world travelers, including lots of travel throughout Mexico, so we found the place to be acceptable, but very, very basic. Cement floors, paper thin sheets, but clean & the ceiling fans that actually work & nice management. For $40 no complaints. If you need more than this, then The Tropicana only 2 blocks away at $60+ is the way to go.

1  Thank smvhou
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed 7 May 2005

My husband and I made a reservation for 2 days in The Senor Manana, the one that is on Alvaro Obregon #1 . We arrived around 8pm, received the keys and went to our room. Everything was ok (the room wasn’t great but was good enough) until we went for a walk and when we came back 2 giant cockroaches appear from under the bed. There was nothing we could do because the reception was closed, we had to trap them and kill them, which was disgusting! Not what I needed to be doing in my vacation! I tried to explain this to the owner the next day (Osa), but she was very stubborn, and she refused to understand what I was trying to tell her. I told her tourist shouldn’t have to be worrying about those problems, and that they needed to fix the gap under the doors, so the cockroaches would not have space to enter, but she said the doors were fine, and that Mexico was full of those little animals. Moreover, she said they were clean animals! Prior to speaking to this lady a receptionist showed us 2 other rooms, but the gap under the door was the same, and then finally they showed me a bigger room that had no gap. We stayed there, but a refund was what I should have received. It was very uncomfortable sleeping there the first night, and my second night there was pretty much ruined as well. Fortunately, the next 5 days were much better. Los Cabos has some great beaches.

• Stayed: March 2005