My Husband and I spent our one week honeymoon at the Zoetry and we absolutely loved it! it exceeded our expectations on so many levels.
The food was great, (safe to drink the ice because they use filtered water), service was fast and always tastefully presented. There are no buffets, but rather a-la-carte ordering. The sister hotel, Dreams, is only a short walk across the beach (or a 5$ cab ride) which offers buffets and different restaurant options for those who want more variety. Its all included with your stay at Zoetry
Zoetry was perfect for a honeymoon-because it's such a small resort, it feels as though you are the only ones there. People start to know you by name and are extremely friendly. Karim from the front desk is extremely helpful and is always ready to guide you or answer any questions. His english is excellent, so there are no communication barriers. He's also a great photographer- everytime we ran into him, he'd offer to take a picture for us with our camera. I would recommend seeing him at the front desk if you stay at this hotel.
The rooms are super clean and housekeeping comes 3x a day to clean up and change towels. Be sure to put out the "do not distub" sign if you do not want them intruding during the day when you are in the room. They also provide complimentary laundry service- the clothes come back cleaned, ironed and hung on hangers!! The room comes with a big jaccuzzi tub that opens onto a beautiful view of the ocean.
The pools are nice and super clean , and most importantly never crowded or occupied with kids. There are always beach chairs available and you will never find lineups --its like you are the only one on the resort!
The water is nice, but too rough too swim. but if you walk a bit north towards the hilton, you can find an area that has calm waves where you will find people swimming and surfing. its about a 15 minute walk. Also, rumour has it that if you walk a bit north, you will see 2 identical beautiful villas which supposedly belong to George Clooney and Jennifer Aniston!!!!!!!
There are no partying or loud shows at the resort...if you want some more lively entertainment , walk over to Dreams-where they have shows every night at 8:30.
Downtown is only 20 min ride..its either 25$ one way by taxi or if you go to dreams, they have a shuttle that is 6$ one way per person. They drop you off at the big mall and pick you up whe you want to go home.
While i say this place is superb- there were a few things that may be bothersome to others:
1. There are lizards all over the place....they climb on trees by the pool, hide in bushes and at night, if you look up on the ceilings at the restaurants, you will see them walking on the ceilings. Thankfully, they dont come into the rooms but i'm the squemish type and i felt really uncomfortable sitting down when i saw lizards crawling on the ceiling. They are not harmful but i find them annoying.
2. The sand is very rough. its not the soft white sand you would expect, it rough and more like small rocks that hurt your toes when you walk on the beach. I wish i had runners with me because i could stand the feeling of rocks getting between my toes on the beach.
3. The menues can be a bit hard to understand if you are not familiar with mexican lingo. The menus are in english but some dishes will be described with mexican lingo and you dont want to keep asking the server to translate everything. We ended up ordering the same thing over and over because we didn't really know what the other dishes were.
The good thing about the buffet at dreams is that you can see eeverything being served and you serve yourself. We went over 3 times during our stay and we loved the buffet!
4. The hotel boasts complimentary wiereless internet but it was very intermittent and hardly ever working. signal was extremely poor and very unreliable.
-----Bottom line: I am quite a picky person, and very meticulous when it comes to forming opinions and i can strongly recommend this place to anyone and everyone who wants a nice quiet peaceful stay!!! seriously, this spot was greatttttttttttttt and honeymoon friendly!
Don't think about it- this is the spot to go in Los Cabos- decision made!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist corridor of Los Cabos conveniently on the beachfront, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, Casa del Mar Golf Resort and Spa, is your hacienda oasis in Los Cabos, Mexico. An intimate 50 room ocean view luxury boutique hotel where you can experience the warm Mexican hospitality and personalized service. Casa del Mar offers luxury amenities and accommodations, providing the perfect options and facilities for a relaxing escape, spectacular wedding or romantic honeymoon, a rewarding business travel experience, or a golfer's haven. The spacious rooms and suites are all entirely within a peaceful oasis of lush gardens, fountains and pools. Enjoy your quiet, relaxing vacation on an expansive beach. Rejuvenate body and spirit at our renewed luxury spa, enjoy our championship golf courses or venture out to explore the excitement of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Casa Del Mar Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo