This trip was planned way ahead as a birthday gift for my boyfriend to Cabo. Upon arriving we were very excited and anticipating the hotel we had booked with. Reviews for the hotel great and seemed to meet our expectation. Originally, We had prior reservations to Zoetry Casa Del Mar's sister hotel next door, Dreams. After checking in the Manager pulled us to the side and explained that their reservation systems overbooked the hotel rooms and he was willing to transfer us over to Zoetry CDM. At first I was very reluctant and disappointed that this situation would happen to me, after all the great reviews i've heard of the hotel. I explained to the manager of Dreams, Rafael that this reservation for the room was made in early february or january and if anything was wondering shouldn't i have first priority but he kindly explained that it's not based on the date of the reservation but more of the day of arrival. He explained that the hotel he would be sending us to would be a star more than the Dreams hotel, which Dreams was considered 4 stars. Still reluctant he explained the amenities they offered, which sounded great at the time but i still did not want to agree to something and be stuck with something that would not have been great as what i expected Dreams to be. I asked for a brochure and it seemed pretty legit. He also explained by me staying at Casa Del Mar I would still be entitled to all the benefits of Dreams hotel (Restaurants, Spas, Pools, Activities). That offer seemed pretty fair enough for me. Before agreeing i asked would i be compensated for my inconvenience for switching hotels, and there he offered me and my boyfriend 2 complimentary 50 min Swedish massages at our new hotel. Which paid off since being a guest at Zoetry you are entitled to a 20 min complimentary massage also. So in the end we got to enjoy 2 free massages! Once i agreed, knowing i had no other choice, a shuttle quickly arrived to take us free of charge to the hotel.
Getting to our rooms, it was beautiful. Walk in frosted glass door showers and restrooms paired up next to each other, A jetted jacuzzi bath tub that opened up to the sleeping area, 2 downward steps that separated the bathroom from the bedroom, and a balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean and infinity pool of the hotel. The view was great, the waves at this beach were so strong it was a serene background noise to fall asleep to in the room. Housekeeping came 3x daily, and laundry service was also all inclusive.
The service here was very personable and they were indeed very friendly. I would seriously have to say the service here was just GREAT! i loved it! It seemed like here the staff were trained to never tell a guest "NO". Anything that we asked for was done.
Food and drinks here.... i must say, something you would definitely not expect from an all inclusive resort. Presentation and taste seemed like it was from a fine dining gourmet restaurant! Filet Mignon, awesome! Dinner on the beach, awesome! Service at times did seem a little overwhelmed in the restaurants but a smile was always carried and I guess a small staff is what they aim for in order to become personable with their guest.
Never a day of complaint from this hotel, and I seriously left with out wanting to leave. This hotel seriously treated us like queens and kings! Because of this place, i never want to look for anything lower than 5 stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist corridor of Los Cabos conveniently on the beachfront, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, Casa del Mar Golf Resort and Spa, is your hacienda oasis in Los Cabos, Mexico. An intimate 54 room ocean view luxury boutique hotel where you can experience the warm Mexican hospitality and personalized service. Casa del Mar offers luxury amenities and accommodations, providing the perfect options and facilities for a relaxing escape, spectacular wedding or romantic honeymoon, a rewarding business travel experience, or a golfer's haven. The spacious rooms and suites are all entirely within a peaceful oasis of lush gardens, fountains and pools. Enjoy your quiet, relaxing vacation on an expansive beach. Rejuvenate body and spirit at our renewed luxury spa, enjoy our championship golf courses or venture out to explore the excitement of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Casa Del Mar Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo