“Great trip back to Casa del Mar”

Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This was our second trip to Casa del Mar. Our first trip was a few years ago when it was Casa del mar, and it was not all inclusive. Although, I feel the quality of service was slightly better when it was not all inclusive, the overall experience was fantastic! We met a lot of great servers. I want to specifically tell Salomon (the chef in the dining room) thank you. I loved the shrimp, and I told our server. I asked if I could get the recipe. The chef personally wrote out the recipe, and it was delivered to our room. I thought it was so nice of him to take the time to write it out for me, and it will be so fun to have in my recipe book to remember the trip for years to come!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is my first time to the Cabo San Lucas and my first time at a Zoetry property. We had a ocean front suite and it was great listening to the ocean at night with the doors open. The bed was heaven and I was able to sleep like a baby. The room service is top noch as is the service at the
Pool and resturants.
While the property gives a great first visual first impression after a couple of days there I started to notice some upkeep flaws; the room itself was just ok (for what they charge I expected more) the tile work around the beach pool is showing its age as is the shower area in the room we had. Our ocean front suite had a restricted view as the patio of the next unit blocked our view to one side. The small balcony off our suite was dull and offered two chairs and a small table...I suppose I expected something with some personality and more inviting. Though I don't come to a property like this to work out..the fitness room was a shame with older equipment and torn and worn carpet. And I felt like they were suffering an identity crisis...are they a resort or a time share facility? I used the spa for a facial and while I had product all over my face and eyes I could have sworn the technician was texting on her phone! Sorry Zoetry...I will not be back.

• Stayed: March 2012
7  Thank AbbeyD07
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I recently got back from the most amazing vacation of my life and I owe it all to Zoetry. I have never felt more comfortable, relaxed, and spoiled. This place is truly worth every penny and I will be counting down the days until I am able to return!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Our company did an outing at Zoetry. It could not have gone better. The service is unmatched by the "big boys" like Ritz or Four Seasons. The staff is very attentive to the small group of guests (<50 rooms). The food is very good, and their concept of all inclusive "endless privileges" lives up to the name. It's well managed and priced right.

Cabo is very clean and everyone we met appreciated and actually seemed like they like tourists.

Can't say enough good about the experiences.

Room Tip: All have ocean views. The luxury suites are set back some from the activities and beach.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I was fortunate to be invited with a work group and it was more than anyone expected! Zoetry is all about the details!!! The staff was amazing and so attentive. The views outstanding. The food was healthy and offered good variety and you could order just about anything you wanted at ANY TIME!! First class rooms with plenty of amenities. We would eat and drink down by the beach, near a small adult-only pool with a first rate staff. We left so relaxed and ready to come back immediately. I sum it up as being a houseguest in a friend's very nice home with wonderful, gracious staff. You will feel like that too!

Room Tip: Ask to be in the mail building! The best views and closer to the pool and beach.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This place is fantastic. There is no night life; so do not expect any. You can always walk down to Dreams and use their facilities if you want a little more action. You will get complete relaxation here. The staff is amazing too! They are always there if you need anything & will spoil you rotten! Some of our favorites were Lupita, Ismael, Alberto, & Jesus - just to name a few. The beach is fabulous... a wide, spacious beach with very few people on it. The whale watching is great this time of year as well. The rooms are beautiful too, most with ocean views. The food is ok. We enjoyed breakfast and lunch the most! Pool area is also very nice, never crowded and that's what we look for in a vacation. No chair saving necessary! I can't say enough about this property! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank island2123
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We recently visited Casa del Mar at the end of February. While the overall experience at the hotel has declined since it was acquired by Zoetry (in terms of food and drink quality), it remains a small, intimate resort that is a peaceful oasis in the Cabo corridor. Two tips to consider - spend a lot of your time at the adult pool down by the beach, much more peaceful setting; and rent a car and head off the resort for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room in the main Hacienda building, not one of the detached units - it is alo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple