“Alberto at the Beach Club will spoil you rotten!”

Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Alberto at the Beach Club will spoil you rotten!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My family and I traveled to Casa del Mar Feb.27-March 5th. Perfect time to visit Cabo, as the weather was perfect, low 80's, sunny with a beautiful ocean breeze.Whale watching from your seat at the pool or beach ;o) But enough about the weather-lets talk about Casa del Mar. First, a little background. We have never stayed at an all-inclusive and this is not why we chose CDM. We typically stay at Las Ventanas or the Ritz in Cancun, yet found CDM to look and sound enchanting so we took a risk, a risk that turned out to be a reward! The grounds are impeccable-next door to Las Ventanas, so those of you that are familiar know you cant get a better location. The hotel is a charming, old world mission style and the smell of white tea in the lobby is heavenly! We were pleasantly greeted with a room upgrade upon check-in and we were able to access out room at 12noon. Yet what really makes CDM is the gracious staff, you will never meet better people! Alberto, Jesus, Ismael, Yaser many thanks to you once again.
Alberto took care of us at the beach club every day, Ismael assisted him. These are two of the most beautiful, kind, patient human beings you will meet. With a graceful approach to customer service they go above and beyond to please you. I wish I could hire Alberto here at home, as he is the epitome of a servant leader! This is the way to lead a team and to treat your customer-Alberto is ahead of the game. Ismael's kind diposition was appreciated and it was a pleasure to spend each day with him. We miss seeing them-and will go back because of them.
Jesus took care of us the evening that we ate on the beach and what a charmer!! He was such a charismatic, intelligent, witty server and made our night a dream-this is how it should be. He too went above and beyond to meet our needs and exceeded our expectations every time he presented to the table. Last. but not least Yaser in the dining room, polished, professional and ready to please. Yaser organized an incredible Mexican dinner for us, with all the traditional items. As we sat down we were presented with a platter that would blow your mind. Thank you again Yaser!!!
For those of you that are concerned about the food-do not be my husband and I are quite picky and we loved it, but you ned to speak and ask for things the way you like and expect them. Eat simply, fish tacos, grilled fish/shrimp, ceviche-this is what is best!! Much better than re-heated commercialized food in Cabo san Lucas. Thank you CDM-you spoiled us.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Great property with wonderful views. Landscaping is pristine and plentiful pools surrounding the property. This resort is more for those that want to relax..period. No night life whatsoever. On the negative side, food is overpriced and average at best and the service has slipped. This is my third year here, possibily my last. The service used to be top notch, but a lot of turnover as of late, which is too bad. Food quality has gone down. It's too bad, I loved this resort a couple of years ago.

Room Tip: All rooms have an Ocean view. The villas are top notch if you can get them.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Riplip3
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry Casa Del Mar for 4 nights in March. It was our second time staying in the area, first time at this resort. We travel fairly extensively for business and pleasure, including many all inclusives, and I work in the travel industry.I was here as a paying guest, and have based my review accordingly.
I gave the resort 5 stars as an all-inclusive , which I compare, and judge based on other all-inclusives. It wouldn't be accurate to review it compared to all hotels, as sometimes you are comparing apples and oranges.
Having said that, I do think this resort tries,mostly successfully, to bridge the gap between boutique hotel, and an all-inclusive. As others have stated, it is very relaxing, intimate, quiet.

The grounds are beautiful, the landscaping is excellent. the resort layout, small and manageable . The grounds are meticulously maintained.The lobby is elegant, and feels like a boutique hotel, with a view to the beach that's amazing.
The service is very good. The waiters, bartenders, pool service staff we encountered were all pleasant, and most had a definite desire to make sure you were comfortable and well taken care of. I hate singling out , as it leaves others unmentioned, but would compliment Modesto, Philippe, and the waiters at the main restaurant who were thoughtful,always remembering my allergies, and were always warm and hospitable.

The food was very good.This is always subjective, and I again base the "very good" compared to other all-inclusives. You can eat healthy, or not. We did a little of both. Breakfast was excellent; fresh, healthy, even a little innovative for an all inclusive. Lunch could be really casual, burgers and fries, or healthy and elegant ;creative salads and fish dishes. Lunch was served at the main restaurant, at the upper pool snack bar, the adult beach club restaurant, or at your pool chair.Dinner on the beach was very good, As previously mentioned, dinner in the main restaurant was great, as was the staff. I was there for 4 days, therefore didn't find the menu to be boring or repetitive, but you may after a week. Keep in mind that you can order off the menu, change, replace, alter to fit your needs. If I found a weakness in food, it would be breads, and pastries. They were generally dry, and boring. Minor issue.
The room was good.We were in an Oceanview, building 17, which is away from the main hotel area. If I were to lower the rating to 4 1/2 stars it would be in this category. There's nothing wrong with it, but nothing great. The bed was amazing, as were the pillows (there are pillow choices). The bathroom, including walk in shower, and jaccuzzi tub were great. There was no place to sit though,except on our balcony, which was great for room service at breakfast time, but not so much for a snack in the evening. The room needs a small table and chair set, which could fit with some planning. There is also no couch, or reading chair. Again you can sit outside, or prop yourself on the bed to read. Not a big deal, just things to note.The resort as noted is so quiet, that you are able to sleep with your balcony door open and listen to the waves as you fall asleep. That was heaven!
The spa was good. Staff excellent. The massages we had were great. You can combine your 20 minute free massage with a longer massage. The spa prices I would say are on par with similar resorts.Those used to larger resorts will find it a little small, but this is not an issue when you are having your treatment. Again , it's a small elegant resort, and the spa reflects that.

Resort ratings have everything to do with expectation. This resort met mine, and in some areas exceeded, based on my research. It is for someone who wants the convenience and price advantage of an all-inclusive, but not the music thumping, chair saving, buffet crowd that can go with them. It's better for couples who want to be alone,or families looking for together time.
I would recommend this resort, it fills a void in the all-inclusive market, when unpretentious, elegant, relaxation is what you are looking for.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Collectmemories
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This was our second trip to Casa del Mar. Our first trip was a few years ago when it was Casa del mar, and it was not all inclusive. Although, I feel the quality of service was slightly better when it was not all inclusive, the overall experience was fantastic! We met a lot of great servers. I want to specifically tell Salomon (the chef in the dining room) thank you. I loved the shrimp, and I told our server. I asked if I could get the recipe. The chef personally wrote out the recipe, and it was delivered to our room. I thought it was so nice of him to take the time to write it out for me, and it will be so fun to have in my recipe book to remember the trip for years to come!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is my first time to the Cabo San Lucas and my first time at a Zoetry property. We had a ocean front suite and it was great listening to the ocean at night with the doors open. The bed was heaven and I was able to sleep like a baby. The room service is top noch as is the service at the
Pool and resturants.
While the property gives a great first visual first impression after a couple of days there I started to notice some upkeep flaws; the room itself was just ok (for what they charge I expected more) the tile work around the beach pool is showing its age as is the shower area in the room we had. Our ocean front suite had a restricted view as the patio of the next unit blocked our view to one side. The small balcony off our suite was dull and offered two chairs and a small table...I suppose I expected something with some personality and more inviting. Though I don't come to a property like this to work out..the fitness room was a shame with older equipment and torn and worn carpet. And I felt like they were suffering an identity crisis...are they a resort or a time share facility? I used the spa for a facial and while I had product all over my face and eyes I could have sworn the technician was texting on her phone! Sorry Zoetry...I will not be back.

• Stayed March 2012
7 Thank AbbeyD07
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I recently got back from the most amazing vacation of my life and I owe it all to Zoetry. I have never felt more comfortable, relaxed, and spoiled. This place is truly worth every penny and I will be counting down the days until I am able to return!

• Stayed February 2012
Hilton Head
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Our company did an outing at Zoetry. It could not have gone better. The service is unmatched by the "big boys" like Ritz or Four Seasons. The staff is very attentive to the small group of guests (<50 rooms). The food is very good, and their concept of all inclusive "endless privileges" lives up to the name. It's well managed and priced right.

Cabo is very clean and everyone we met appreciated and actually seemed like they like tourists.

Can't say enough good about the experiences.

Room Tip: All have ocean views. The luxury suites are set back some from the activities and beach.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
#25 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!