We stayed at Zoetry from 4/2 - 4/9. It was exactly what we were hoping for and expecting. We wanted an all-inclusive in Mexico that was not going to be too crowded and predominantly adult focused. We weren't interested in excursions, just wanted to relax. We paid just under $700 per night (AAA rate) for a Jr. Oceanview Suite. I think the price was high due to Holy Week/spring break/season. Rates right now are closer to $500/night.
When we arrived we were placed in building 17, not the main building. We asked for the main building at check-in, but no rooms there were available. In hindsight, we preferred the room we were in since there were a number of families who used the timeshares that were in the main pool at an early hour. We had a perfect ocean view obstructed by only 2 palm trees and could hear the waves crashing as long as the balcony door was open. King bed was great, but soft. There is also a noticeable distinction between the timeshare folk and the all-inclusive folk.
Food-wise, we didn't expect 5 star quality. We weren't disappointed by the food either. Meat quality is fine at the restaurants but may not be the cuts one is used to in the States. Service was always quick and we did not feel rushed at any time. Breakfast was always terrific. No complaints about lunch and dinner. I had the rib-eye and filet a few nights for dinner at the beach restaurant and, aside from being a bit fatty, they were cooked well and tasted fine. My wife typically had chicken, shrimp or salad. I really miss the guacamole though...and the various juices that they had at breakfast.
Service was terrific. We ate via room service about half the time we were there. Regardless of time of day, the service was prompt. Yaser was especially helpful and would often bring a bottle of wine to our room at night after seeing us at dinner. Gaudencio and Yuliana at the lower pool were also fantastic. We observed the staff kindly informing timeshare guests about the rules of the resort several times during our stay. The staff stayed entirely professional, even in the midst of being berated by those guests.
Alcohol available included: Corona and Pacifico for beer, Absolut and Stoli for vodka, Tanqueray for gin, Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker Red and Black, Herradura and Don Julio for tequila, Bacardi for rum. I know I am missing a bunch, but that is what I can remember.
We had read various reviews on tipping. We tipped on a few occasions but did not notice an appreciation in service. Maybe because it was always great.
We used the workout room 4 times during the stay. 2 treadmills, 2 stairmills, 2 bikes, dumbbell rack, 3-4 leg machines and a universal machine. A bit older equipment, but if you know what you are doing, you can get done what you need to. No complaints.
Didn't use the spa while there. We were relaxed enough already.
There was no rush for beach chairs either. Regardless if we went to the pool at 9 AM or 2 PM, there were always plenty available.
We did walk over to Dreams once. Way too crowded. Buffet food looked bad. Very noisy with all the kids/music. There was nowhere to sit either. It definitely looked and felt activity/excursion oriented as well, similar to a cruise. We didn't stay to eat at any of the restaurants. After walking through the property once, we were so thankful to be able to go back to Zoetry and have a drink with a plate of nachos. In a beach chair. On the beach. Quietly.
All in all, we will probably be back to Zoetry in the future. Especially if prices are $500/night/couple for all-inclusive. Splurge on the private car from cabosanlucastours.net to get you from the airport. Completely worth the $150 round trip.
All in all, if you have no desire to go into either Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo, then this is a great choice. Having been to Cabo 3 times before, I know that there are really good restaurants off-site. However, the food at Zoetry was more than sufficient for what my wife and I wanted. This resort totally deserves the tripadvisor award for best relaxation. Loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist corridor of Los Cabos conveniently on the beachfront, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, Casa del Mar Golf Resort and Spa, is your hacienda oasis in Los Cabos, Mexico. An intimate 50 room ocean view luxury boutique hotel where you can experience the warm Mexican hospitality and personalized service. Casa del Mar offers luxury amenities and accommodations, providing the perfect options and facilities for a relaxing escape, spectacular wedding or romantic honeymoon, a rewarding business travel experience, or a golfer's haven. The spacious rooms and suites are all entirely within a peaceful oasis of lush gardens, fountains and pools. Enjoy your quiet, relaxing vacation on an expansive beach. Rejuvenate body and spirit at our renewed luxury spa, enjoy our championship golf courses or venture out to explore the excitement of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Casa Del Mar Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo