My wife and I stayed at the Zoetry Casa del Mar for the second time the last week of May 2013. The first time was early June of 2010 (Zoetry took over the Casa del Mar in November 2009). Both experiences were exceptional! This resort is for relaxing, enjoying great food and drinks, and being pampered along the way. It is a couple’s oriented resort. There was some families there with little children who were staying at the nearby condos, luckily the children were well behaved and did not present an issue.
We were assigned a suite in the Acuario building. This building was actually being built when we were here in 2010. Acuario is off to the west of the main resort so there was a bit of a walk involved to the pools and restaurants. However it was well worth it. The room was much more modern than the room we stayed in last time (Villa del Mar). The bed, furniture, TV, iPod docking station radio, larger Jacuzzi, bathroom area was awesome! The walks to the main resort were actually refreshing and the grounds are immaculate and beautiful, manicured to perfection. The ambiance of the entire resort is quite phenomenal! Should mention that the telephone service inside the rooms is free. We did experience issues dialing out. We called the main desk and Korrin (sp?) was extremely polite and helpful and patched us in to our kids back home. This occurred multiple times during the stay. Each time Korrin would take care of it, the man has great customer service phone skills!
The food menu had not changed much in the last three years; however the quality and taste remained excellent. A couple of times we ordered items that were not on the menu and they were able to accommodate. For example, we were relaxing down by the adult pool and ordered some wings and fries. Not only were they able to fix this up for us, the wings had really good flavor and the fries were fried to perfection. The nachos, quesadillas, fish or steak tacos were excellent for lunch and snacks for the pool area. Cook to order food! Evening meals include sea bass, T-Bone steaks, filets, and shrimp, etc...; all very good.
The service staff is very friendly! Jorge, Brenda, Zacarias, "G", Cirlo, Cesar, Alberto, Fortino, Marcos and Hector come to mind. Very friendly people! Brenda makes the best 'Blue Hawaiian' blended in crushed ice drink. She mixes it to perfection!
My one recommendation would be for the service staff to walk the pool area a bit more often. There seemed to be long gaps during the days we stayed there where no one would walk the pool area and check on the vacationers. It would be wise for the staff to take a lesson from Eric at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita (we stayed there June 2011). Eric constantly walked the pool area, offering his help and asking if there was anything we and other guests needed. Quality of service is key for customers/vacationers planning to return in the future.
Overall, Casa del Mar is a very nice resort with a relaxing atmosphere. And yes...my wife and I plan to be there a third time...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist corridor of Los Cabos conveniently on the beachfront, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, Casa del Mar Golf Resort and Spa, is your hacienda oasis in Los Cabos, Mexico. An intimate 50 room ocean view luxury boutique hotel where you can experience the warm Mexican hospitality and personalized service. Casa del Mar offers luxury amenities and accommodations, providing the perfect options and facilities for a relaxing escape, spectacular wedding or romantic honeymoon, a rewarding business travel experience, or a golfer's haven. The spacious rooms and suites are all entirely within a peaceful oasis of lush gardens, fountains and pools. Enjoy your quiet, relaxing vacation on an expansive beach. Rejuvenate body and spirit at our renewed luxury spa, enjoy our championship golf courses or venture out to explore the excitement of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Casa Del Mar Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo