“"...Go there once, you'll be there twice..."”

Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Zoetry Casa del Mar for the second time the last week of May 2013. The first time was early June of 2010 (Zoetry took over the Casa del Mar in November 2009). Both experiences were exceptional! This resort is for relaxing, enjoying great food and drinks, and being pampered along the way. It is a couple’s oriented resort. There was some families there with little children who were staying at the nearby condos, luckily the children were well behaved and did not present an issue.

We were assigned a suite in the Acuario building. This building was actually being built when we were here in 2010. Acuario is off to the west of the main resort so there was a bit of a walk involved to the pools and restaurants. However it was well worth it. The room was much more modern than the room we stayed in last time (Villa del Mar). The bed, furniture, TV, iPod docking station radio, larger Jacuzzi, bathroom area was awesome! The walks to the main resort were actually refreshing and the grounds are immaculate and beautiful, manicured to perfection. The ambiance of the entire resort is quite phenomenal! Should mention that the telephone service inside the rooms is free. We did experience issues dialing out. We called the main desk and Korrin (sp?) was extremely polite and helpful and patched us in to our kids back home. This occurred multiple times during the stay. Each time Korrin would take care of it, the man has great customer service phone skills!

The food menu had not changed much in the last three years; however the quality and taste remained excellent. A couple of times we ordered items that were not on the menu and they were able to accommodate. For example, we were relaxing down by the adult pool and ordered some wings and fries. Not only were they able to fix this up for us, the wings had really good flavor and the fries were fried to perfection. The nachos, quesadillas, fish or steak tacos were excellent for lunch and snacks for the pool area. Cook to order food! Evening meals include sea bass, T-Bone steaks, filets, and shrimp, etc...; all very good.

The service staff is very friendly! Jorge, Brenda, Zacarias, "G", Cirlo, Cesar, Alberto, Fortino, Marcos and Hector come to mind. Very friendly people! Brenda makes the best 'Blue Hawaiian' blended in crushed ice drink. She mixes it to perfection!
My one recommendation would be for the service staff to walk the pool area a bit more often. There seemed to be long gaps during the days we stayed there where no one would walk the pool area and check on the vacationers. It would be wise for the staff to take a lesson from Eric at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita (we stayed there June 2011). Eric constantly walked the pool area, offering his help and asking if there was anything we and other guests needed. Quality of service is key for customers/vacationers planning to return in the future.

Overall, Casa del Mar is a very nice resort with a relaxing atmosphere. And yes...my wife and I plan to be there a third time...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 June 2013

By far the best all inclusive resort that we have ever visited. First time to Cabo. Nothing in Mexico compares to Cabo. Returning in October and for many years to come. Thank you Zoetry for creating a perfect wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: Ocean view is definitely worth the price.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmccauley
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Visited from 5-8 June 2013, to try out Cabo for a change (we usually go to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan or Cancun) and we were VERY impressed. This is a great resort, with an excellent staff. My compliments to the management -- although I never saw a manager, everything ran perfectly! This reflects their professional training and a dedication to guest satifsfaction. We ordered room service for breakfast each day and it came right-on-time and was served with good presentation (as were all our meals). Although this was our first visit, it will not be our last -- we are already planning to return in early July!

Room Tip: Try to stay in the "main" building, although all the rooms/suites are wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clkaka
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at this beautiful resort June 9-13. Certainly not long enough! We wanted a low-key, quiet place for our 10 year anniversary and Zoetry did not disappoint. The concierge can set you up with tours and activities if you wish, but we just wanted to relax and enjoy the beauty.

Rooms - We stayed in a beach front. They first put us on the first floor, but we didn't have a great view. They moved us to the 3rd floor and it was fabulous! If you stay in the main part of the hotel you get the "postcard" view from their website, but you don't hear the crashing waves like you do in the beach front. Plus - there is nothing between you and the beach. Would highly recommend!

Pools - They had 3, but we always went down to the beachfront. I mean - how can you pass up staring at the long stretches of sand and water!

Food - We were really pleased with everything we had. All inclusive or not, the meals were excellent! Very organic. They give you nutritional info and had lots of veg/gluten free choices.

Staff - We couldn't be happier with the staff. Everyone we came in contact with was friendly, attentive, and met all of our needs - most times without being asked. It's like this place reads your mind! Wish I could name everyone, but we thank them all!

I would recommend that you tip. While I know it is all-inclusive, the staff works hard for you and I'm sure they appreciate it.

Would highly recommend Zoetry Casa del Mar. Can't wait to book our next trip there!

Room Tip: Choose beach FRONT. 1302 is awesome - all you see is the top of a palm tree, beach and surf. The r...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My friend and I stayed at the resort at the recommendation of a travel agent due to one of us being a vegetarian. We were not disappointed! The food, amenities, service and overall experience at Zoetry was exceptional. We actually stayed in one of the very large condos on the grounds (complimentary upgrade). The condo was enormous and could easily entertain 8 adults. Large master suite, second bedroom with two double beds, walk-in rain showers, separate toilet area, top of the line appliances, including a full size washer and dryer and trundle bed... Not to mention each bedroom had its own sliding door and patio area with sitting chairs. The main terrace, off of the living room had a sitting area and step-up jacuzzi large enough to hold four adults comfortably. Did I mention that we pinched ourselves everyday for our incredible luck! My friend raved about the beds. "Best sleep in a long time!" Other guests we spoke to indicated that they felt that the hotel beds were too soft, but staff assisted in making them more comfortable. I suppose it is hard to please everyone. Again, the serrvice from Zoetry staff was exceptional and friendly. The atmosphere was spa like (serene) and quiet. We were looking to get away from the eternal winter in Minnesota, slow down and rest. The weather and the resort did not disappoint. I am not an ocean swimmer, so not being able to go into the water was not important to me. There were 3 pools on the grounds near the hotel and the condo building we stayed in had its own pool. The beach sand was clean (except for horse droppings), compact and the ocean waves were wonderfully powerful to watch and listen to. We engaged in spa services, yoga classes and worked out. I think the only suggestion I would make would be to enlarge the workout area and upgrade some of the exercise machines. I'm not picky about those sort of things, but it did get crowded at times with other guests. Also, excursions were available for golfing, fishing and other if that is your interest. Zoetry's sister hotel, Dreams which is located just up the beach, has three more restaurants available to eat at (included in the all-inclusive price) and shuttle services into Cabo San Lucas. We had a very memorable experience! Thanks Zoetry!

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade to one of the condo units, do It!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Linda P
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here last October and had a great time. I choose this resort because I wanted a higher quality resort with better food and amenities and was not disappointed.

Beach: This was a disappoint. You cannot go in the water in Cabo because of the rip current. However, the lower pool was great and there was always a good group of people to hang out with and enjoy the sun.

Food: The food was very good for an all-inclusive. The selection was somewhat limited, but the staff was more than willing to accommodate our special requests.

Rooms: We got a room in the main building right above the lobby. They are without a doubt the best rooms in the resort. We heard complaints about the ocean front rooms so I would avoid those.

Service: The staff was great and very friendly. Nothing special, but they get the job done.

Spa: I was shocked at how bad my massage was. I have had a dozen or so massage over the past 5 years and was suprised at how little the therapist did over the course of 75 minutes. I came out greasy and unimpressed.

Activities: The resort can set you up with a lot activities to do. We went into Cabo a couple times and went for a horseback ride. That was more than enough for us.

Summary: I would definitely recommend this resort over some of the other All-Inclusives in Cabo. It is smaller and you can feel the difference. The food is better and you don't have to fight the crowds. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building above the big pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CHDuncan
Reviewed 1 June 2013

WOW!! Where to start?? We've been to at least 8 different All Inclusives on many different Islands and this is the first one that we want to go back to!! We went on a family vacation with our 25 and 21 yr old daughters.

It was quiet and peaceful. If you want action and nightlife; go somewhere else. Or check out Dreams next door. But if you want a relaxing, pampering and quality resort, pack your bags and go!!!
From the start to the finish it was difficult to find a negative.

Yes a few times, the service was spotty, but overall The service is great!! I want to give a big shout out to Jorge, Brenda, Alberto, Hector and Marcos!! Many more were excellent, but these were the main folks who took EXTRA special care of us!!
By the end of the week, they knew our likes and dislikes and catered to us. Always extra ice and water without even asking; not to mention the Pineapple Mojitos and Mango Maritinis!!!
And how nice to walk around and be called by your name. It felt like we were leaving family when it was time to go!

The food was great; so nice to have no buffets! Best food we've ever had at an All Inclusive. You have to try the Yam chips and Guacamole.!! Awesome!! Be sure to ask for the Chef's Special at Tapanco's. One night we had an amazing Sea Bass special.

And Can I mention the fact that they did our laundry??? Now what an amazing thing to go home with CLEAN clothes(especially all the stinky workout clothes!).

Hearing the waves all night long,the comfy beds(loved the bed sheets), and quiet rooms made sleeping amazing. We had the best and most sleep we've ever had on vacation. I was worried based on the reviews about the beds being too soft; but no problems(and I do have back issues).

The few negatives or improvements I could mention: TV minimal. It would be nice to have movies to rent. The workout room is small and old. It would add to the allure if they upgraded the facilities. At least have everything in working order. If you are big workout person, it's worth going over to Dreams and using their larger, more equipped facility. The walk over is a good warmup!
A few games around would be good; ie. Corn hole or horseshoes. Things that would be fun but not too rowdy. And it would be neat if they rotated their menu occasionally.

Other than that. It was awesome. Go, relax and enjoy the beauty and pampering!

Room Tip: Check out the bathroom privacy situation before you book your room. Some bathrooms are open.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends