“Relaxing quiet resort”

Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quiet, relaxing resort. Upon the recommendation of a friend we stayed at Zoetry. The beds were very comfortable an I'd would recommend this resort if ou are looking for a lovely place for some R&R.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank BUTennisLover
There are newer reviews for Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My new wife and i absolutely loved this place. We were treated like rockstars everyday. Never been to an all inclusive, but i like not having to pay anything to go eat very relaxing!!! I will be back!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My Husband and I went to this resort in September for a week. It is a lovelyand romantic Resort! The rooms are very nice. The staff is what makes this resort the resort it is. We did go eat at the Dreams once and the Secrets twice so that we could eat in air conditioning. It was very hot while we were there and just needed a break. Dreams was ok but the Secrets was good. I loved the quality of the drinks, wine, food, room service at the Zoetry! Such a treat to order off the menu while your enjoying the sun!

I give this resort a 4 star as we did encounter a problem while we were there with a critter in our room. We were on the ground floor and found after day 3 that our visitor had been there approximately the same amount of time as us. They did move us immediately to a new room higher up but the experience did shake us up for a bit as the little rodent did leave droppings in our suitcase etc. I have been in communications with the hotel manager since then who is trying to do a half donkey job trying to make it up to us. I just wish they would have done something nice while were there. A tray of sweats and an apology letter....does not make the situation better!! A massage, a romantic meal, maybe even a room upgrade...YES.. that definitely would have made the situation better!! Maybe me putting this on Trip Advisor will help the next person at your resort that encounters this issue. I realize Mr. Manager you were busy attending to other issues at another resort...but maybe tending to an issue at your own resort..would have taken all of 5 min. I did leave this resort feeling disappointed.....enough said!

Room Tip: Obviously a room higher up!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel had fantastic service, food/drink quality and a terrific looking property. If you're looking for pampered relaxation with top-shelf drinks and gourmet (healthy) food, this resort is unbeatable.

Great for honeymoon but not enough going on at night for a regular vacation. We like to have a few drinks or watch a show at night. The bars were typically nearly empty and there were no shows - we had to take a taxi to Secrets to see a show.

Also, although the food was good, with only two restaurants it would be nice if some of the menu items changed daily - we ran out of things we HAD TO try during our 7-night stay.

1  Thank Jose L
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. It is a very laid-back and quiet all-inclusive. It would be perfect for those who want peace and serenity. And not at all perfect for someone who wants a lot of activity/energy. Here's the breakdown:

- It's quiet. If you want a VERY low-key vacation - this could be the place for you.
- It's service-oriented. It's a 'yes' to everything! We went to eat at the restaurant and then I decided I wasn't feeling too well. We told the waiter we needed to leave, but he suggested we order anyway and they'll bring it to our room. Loved that.
- The wait times for restaurant seating were just fine. No long waits as you normally have with all-inclusives.
- Very friendly staff. Everyone had a smile. Everyone exuded that they enjoyed their work.
- Quiet pools.

One great perk: Their relationship with the Dreams Resort next door. Dreams is a much bigger, more active, family-oriented resort. It's a wedding-destination spot, apparently as we saw weddings every day we went there. But the plus was that with our stay at Zoetry, we were able to dine at Dreams at anytime as a part of the all-inclusive. That was a big hit as the nights we felt like being in a more energetic and 'busy' environment, we would pop over there and get just that! Their restaurants were great with the Japanese Himitsu restaurant topping our list of 'fresh' and WONDERFUL food.

One negative - I did end up leaving with Montezuma's Revenge :( Despite being careful with the water. I don't know where to point my finger....just want to remind visitors to be careful with the water and maybe avoid the ice (which I normally do but didn't on this trip!!)

Our room was beachfront. The breaking waves were VERY VERY loud. But we were able to sleep with the sound and it didn't bother me. But I could see someone who is sensitive to sound getting tired of the breaking waves.

Spa: we felt the services were REALLY expensive. Not worth it. I did do a pedicure which was not well-done at all. (it looked very amateur when done). The massages were upwards of $155 for 50 minutes which is expensive. Even though we got resort coupons to use toward massages, it still wasn't worth it. Too bad. Would have enjoyed a spa service.

Overall - we really enjoyed our stay but we were looking for super quiet and super relaxing and we got it.

1  Thank shaylasmom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Beautiful resort with great restaurants, amenities and friendly staff. Highly recommend! Went for a destination wedding. Beautiful setting. Plenty of places to visit with others and relax. Great lunch on the beach. The all inclusive is well worth it. Couldn't swim at peach due to undertow but pools lovely. Saw baby turtles hatch and find the sea. Can't beat that!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I went to the beautiful boutique-resort Zoetry. All the employees are very nice, customer oriented and always happy to serve us. We receive a great service for dinner, at the room (rose petal on our bath...) champagne, fruit in the room. The variety of the meal is gorgious. We went in the past to many Sandals (Antigua, Jamaica, Ste-Lucia) , galley bay in Antigua, Gran Velas Riviera Maya, Grand Wailea in Mauii. I can say that the Zoetry Casa del mar is our Top 3 ! If you want a relaxing vacation. it,s the place. Thank you Namasté for your gift to the upgrade that we refuse finally. It was very appreciated... Lucie and Sylvain Québec Canada.

Room Tip: Room 201-203-205-207
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
#7 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!