“Beautiful, but very quiet”

Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at Zoetry and it was beautiful. The customer service and staff are over-and-above accommodating and were simply wonderful throughout our stay. The pool by the beach was great and the chips/guac and ceviche were outstanding! The waves were huge-it was such a difference from the other side of Mexico. I couldn't believe the lack of humidity in comparison to Cancun! It is windier, however, so beware. We enjoyed dinner on the beach, & it was great as well. The whole resort has a 'Zen' atmosphere, which we really liked, but after a few days we were ready for a bit of a change. We did wish there was something to do at night at the resort (we did go to downtown Cabo-it was great!) and during the day, it would've been nice to hear other music aside from spa music, occasionally. Overall I'd definitely recommend this resort to anyone, however be aware that it isn't your typical 'all inclusive' resort here. It's very relaxing!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
AlainBerthelotZOCDM, General Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Niltze / Greetings dear 4dogs2many !

We truly appreciate your comments - especially regarding our staff & food - and kindly rest assured that we are currently developing an innovation_renovation exercise around our entertainment, activity program.

While we hope to welcome you once more soon to your other home - our wondrous oasis by the Sea of Cortés -, we thank you again !

Alain

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

So disappointed with this place's admin.

Having booked for our honeymoon back in December, we requested the Art of Romance package which we are entitled to by paying for a higher class room. It was confirmed that we'd receive this on presenting our marriage certificate on arrival. We did this but they had no record of us requesting the package so we had to resend the confirmation email to them at reception and were told they'd check with Reservations and let us know.
We went back to check a few hours later and they confirmed we are indeed entitled to the package however nobody seemed to know exactly what is included!! This all just seems like hard work, not what we were expecting from our first honeymoon day in Cabo.
On top of this, we had emailed a few weeks before coming to Zoetry requesting an airport transfer to the hotel. We had no reply or acknowledgment of the email and when we called the night before our flight were told it was too late and we'd have to book a taxi instead. (Luckily we found a shuttle service online for much cheaper than Zoetry's transfer would have been).
Having said all this, the hotel is really beautiful, perfectly clean and the amenities great. The staff are all really, really lovely and you can see they want to help, it's just frustrating the admin is holding the front desk staff back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jen S

Dear Jens S :

While we thank you for having chosen us as your Honeymoon destination, please receive our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you unfortunately experienced, accordingly.

Kindly rest assured that we already have taken the necessary measures as to avoid this sort of situations from ever happening in the future, as much as posible - i.e. especially srtessing clear & timely communication, as well as enhancing training in consequence -.

Should you need any additional information, please contact us at your leisure.

In the meantime, we thank you again and hope you can expectantly give us another chance to show you our improvements, by visiting soon !

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I will write a more complete review but wanted to respond to the completely off-base review just posted by Surfgirl 13. I am at Zoetry at this moment. The resort is not perfect but the resort is impeccably clean. The beach around Zoetry is manicured and mostly deserted and in 3 days, my wife and I have not seen any evidence of horse poop. The furniture is clean and high end if not ultramodern and the many pools are crystal clear. The impression of the earlier review that the place is dirty is outrageously unfair and as a highly particular traveler myself, it's particular criticisms are almost delusional. I will edit and supplement this review later, but wanted to assure TA folks, that one review us from an extremist in my view.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank foothillslarry
AlainBerthelotZOCDM, General Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Niltze / Greetings dear foothillslarry !

We are very recognisant of your reply to a previous review concerning the cleanliness of our wondrous desert Oasis by the Sea of Cortés !

We also thank you for your recent stay and all your respective feedback is welcome, as expectantly you yourselves will soon be once more, here at your other Home !

Meanwhile, we remain... Namasté,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is definitely an all-inclusive unlike any other. Located in a beautiful setting with a "beach club" and restaurant right on the beach. Lovely grounds with fountains and gardens and well maintained. The service provided from the staff was astounding!! Alberto was always right there asking if we needed anything. When we would say "gracias" he would reply "it's my pleasure." You could tell that it really was. The paella cooking demonstration by Chefs Francis and Monica was an unforgettable treat! Karim at the concierge desk was very helpful and went way beyond necessary in one instance. Also, many thanks to Pablo, Jorge, Kennedy, and Fermin!

The reason we didn't give this resort 5 stars was because of our room. We had reserved a romantic oceanfront junior suite, which are top-dollar, and were very disappointed that it came with two double beds. We don't need a king, but a queen size bed should be a minimum. Apparently all of the other first floor suites had king beds, but none were available. In addition, hot water was intermittently available in the morning. Don't expect a hot shower after a walk or run on the beach. Later in the day the hot water was abundant. We reported this and the maintenance man was prompt, but the problem is apparently capacity related. Also, the day bed had a sizeable rip in the upholstery.

The food overall was very good. We ate every evening and most lunches at the beachside restaurant. What a delightful setting with the bonfire and guitar and flute music some nights. One day my wife just wanted beans, rice and quesa fresca for lunch and this simple meal was beautifully presented and of course was delicious!

An all-inclusive was just what we wanted and Casa del Mar fit the bill perfectly. Yes, watch out for the margaritas, but they will make it Americano if you just ask.

Room Tip: A big caveat: beware of using their website when booking a room. Hidden deep within the site is ment...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Niltze / Greetings dear Jeffrey H !

Your kind feedback is always taken as a favor to help us improve and we are therefore grateful for it; particularly, your comments regarding Mónica & Executive Chef Francis DRILLIEN, Alberto, Karim, Jorge, KENNEDY, Fermín and last but certainly not least, Pablo - who says "Hi" -, as well asd the rest of our Team-members, of course.

As bedding requirements unfortunately cannot be guaranteed fully, we will continue striving to minimize this reality as much as posible - especially, if you please timely contact us directly on Concierge.ZOCDM@ZoetryResorts.com before your next stay here at your other Home !

Water temperature in the bathrooms have been reviewed and are fine, pus we will look at refurbishing upholstery overaal too, in the coming months.

Till soon - Namasté, from our our wondrous Desert Oasis by the Sea of Cortés !

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Zoetry was exactly what we were looking for. Did not leave the property for the 3 days we were there. Staff was friendly and responsive. Room was comfortable. Food was excellent! Beach bar and pool were perfect. We ate dinner at the beach twice...fantastic! Two nights inside...just as good. This was our first time to Los Cabos and we loved the desert by the sea. Really nice. We will return..

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boscof4

Niltze / Greetings dear Boscof4 !

Thanking you for your recent visit, all our Team-members are also accordingly very grateful for, and motivated by, your kind comments.

We thus look forward to welcoming you back as repeat guests soon, here to your other Home: our wondrous Desert Oasis by the Sea of Cortés !

Meanwhile, we remain... Thanks again - Namasté,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The grounds are pretty, landscaping well maintained, rooms nice, menus limited but pretty good. It's a very quiet resort, which is great if you want rest. You won't get loud music or party people up all night. So why did I give it only 3 stars? The chairs on the beach were downright filthy, bird poop on them, and the gardener's sweep the sand from other guests off using the same brooms they sweep the grounds (and bugs) with! What on earth are they thinking? They need to follow the lead of Ventanas next door (of course it costs much more there, but you get what you pay for) and put clean towel covers on their chairs. The lounge chairs by the pool as well as "quiet zone" are all old with no cushions. They don't do a good job cleaning their sand so you get cigarette butts and particles of food and bottle caps under your feet constantly. Once a week a guy comes with a tractor and supposedly means to filters through it but the attachment on the tractor is so tiny that it cleans nothing, it just kind of rotates and mixes. They should invest in a sand filter that can actually get rid of the debris. Simple tweaks would make all the difference and when you are going for a beach vacation, the beach and the lounge chairs are where you spend the majority of your time so this stuff counts. I hated sitting among litter every day and there was no way to avoid it. Ideally, other guests would be more considerate but at the end of the day, if they want to call themselves a luxury resort, it is their responsibility to keep their beach (and chairs on them) clean. Wouldn't go here again for that reason alone and the horse poop all over the beach was disgusting (though that latter problem isn't the hotel's doing, it's all the horse back riding on the beach). You can't walk this beach and enjoy looking at the ocean because you are constantly scared of what crap (literally) you are going to step into... though most of the time the foul smell will warn you that you're inches away. Pretty gross. Way too many great places and immaculate resorts on earth for me to ever even considering going back to this place. Walking that beach is like walking a land mine - what a shame.
p.s. I gave a low rating on cleanliness for the beach and lounge chairs. The rooms were very clean

Room Tip: try to get a room at Luna or Casa Del Mar buildings, you want to be as far away from the highway noi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank SurfGirl310

Dear SurfGirl:

Thanks for your feedback.

Respectig your opinion, we believe that our offer of 3 Restaurants, 2 bars and 24-hour Room Service, alongside daily Specials, etc. are equal rather to quite a vast variety of Food & Beverage options - especially for a 53-Suite hotel...let alone the fact that our Chef is always readily-open to cater for specific requests, as feasible.

Furthermore, indeed nature is still beyond our control as far as guiding Seagulls to take care of their necessities everywhere except on our property. However - even though your perception in this sense seems to us to be an isolated one -, we still have already reinforced the cleaning of our chaises-longues, accordingly.

Also, our gardeners (who logically work often where bugs live) will be more careful not to mix insects in their brooms with the rest of the debris they sweep and so on.

Of course, having stated this we are nevertheless humbly aware that we will never reach the asceptic levels of a Tetrapak dairy production line.

Hoping you have the chance to keep visiting other wondrous places such as ours, as well as being cared for by staff as profesional and dedicated as the one here at Zoëtry Casa del Mar:

Thank you for your business & Namasté,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

6 days since I left Zoetry after a 6 night stay and I am missing this beautiful perfect sanctuary so much!
I am a 35 year old female from New Zealand and I travelled to Cabo on my own after a week of being at a convention in Las Vegas. Being on my own in Mexico and my first time here I was looking for someone safe, quiet and relaxing. I really had no idea what to expect but the reviews I had seen about Zoetry sounded perfect for me. Zoetry is officially now one of my top 2 places on earth and that is a big call as I can be a bit fussy!!. Everything about this property was so much more than I could have expected. nothing is a problem, from making sure you have a towel, enough shade, a drink of course, and even chasing away iquanas poolside for me haha (and proceeding to laugh at me afterwards of course ;) ). The grounds were so imacculate I never got a chance to read my book as I was more than content lying poolside gazing out to the most gorgeous scenery. HEAVEN. I ate at all the restaurants menu choices were more than adequate for me, loved the nutritional info too. I had room service a couple of times and even asking for something not on the room service menu they did not even hesitate - in fact they seemed surprised I thought it might not be possible to get! as I think I have read in someone elses review - you will never hear the word NO at Zoetry!
Yes it is quiet here however I met some amazing people while here and managed to enjoy a few late night drinks! - the guests here are all staying for the same reason.. to relax. I had every intention of goin to Dreams next door for a day/dinner etc as it was included but I really had no reason to do this - I was soo content and happy in this little paradise with staff that know your name and feel like friends why would you leave this experience! I did travel in to Cabo and San Jose - I didn't have a problem paying the $30 cab fare. to me that is to be expected when choose somewhere with this peaceful location.
Down to the basics - I stayed in an oceanview suite - room 110.. the view from here and the location in the building was ideal for me.. yes the rooms are slightly dated but I wasn't there to look at the room.. the bed was huge and comfy, room service 3 times a day really did happen! I had a slight problem in my room one afternoon i noticed just as i was going out but they got on to this straight away and when I got back to room that night there was a plate of chocolate coated strawberries in my room with a note apologising for inconvenience!! The Spa... I did have a massage when here this is probably the only slightly negative thing I have to say - very expensive for what was, I was after deep tissue massage however I don't think I got this was just a general relaxing massage.. yes over priced but still relaxed me all the same.
Sooo in short, if you want to relax being surrounded by the most gorgeous scenery and staff choose Zoetry. it is a very long way from NZ to Cabo but I am already planning on going back here next year.. Thank you to each and every staff member for making me feel so safe and comfortable being here on my own and for looking after me so well!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kerensb
AlainBerthelotZOCDM, General Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Niltze / Greetings dear kerensb !

Thanking you for your review, please be advised that all of our Team-members are very proud and motivated in consequence.

Indeed, a relaxing experience can also be fun, when kept in the right context - i.e. our concept is entretaining in its own right.

We will gladly take your comments regarding the Rooms and our Spa pricing into consideration.

We are very keen to have the opportunity to welcome you once more in 2015.

Meanwhile, we remain... Many thanks again, best regards & till next time !

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
#7 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!