My observations, based on a recent five day/four night stay at Zoetry:
* The property was beautiful, and well maintained.
* The employees checking us in were very nice, and well informed.
* The room that we had was pleasant, although it was a double double.
* The rooms were well kept, the cleaning staff very efficient.
* The golf course (Cabo Real) is five min away, and the resort pays for the cab.
* Challenging course (first nine) and quite picturesque
* A round for two, with clubs, cart, and four sleeves of balls will run you $550 USD
* Service - I'd heard that, since the resort went all-inclusive, that some of the employees
were disgruntled. This was quite evident, especially in the pool area. Rarely did an
employee come to where we were lounging, and ask if we would like something. If we
wanted a drink, then one of us would have to go to the pool bar, where the employees
were gathered, and ask for one. There were exceptions, but not many.
* Food - Average at best. We had to leave the property, in order to find, what we felt,
were decent meals. We did not go to the sister resort, Dreams, because we spoke with
a few people at the pool, and they all concurred; Dreams food was worse than
Zoetry's. And if you're eating by the pool, expect a lengthy wait for your food.
* Spa - Pretty poor excuse for a spa. No A/C, so the doors had to be left open. My wife
had a massage, then a pedicure/manicure. The same girl did everything. Once she
finished the massage, my wife sat in an uncomfortable chair, while this girl complained
about no A/C, and took almost two hours to do just the manicure/pedicure. The prices
were the typical resort prices, and not at all worth it.
* Apparently, Dreams had overbooked their resort, and sent some of the people over to
Zoetry, to stay in some of the condos. So, now there's a group of guys in wife beaters
(sleeveless T-shirts), with their significant others, hanging out at the pool, getting
drunk, and carrying on like a bunch of children. This continued into the late evening, at
the open air bar, each night. We could easily hear them from our room. We hadn't
signed up for that atmosphere, otherwise we'd have made reservations at Dreams.
* There are several pools on property. If you choose the one nearest the beach area, be
prepared to here the nonstop pounding of the amps, set up on the beach at Dreams
next door. If you want non stop partying, go to Dreams.
Also, the venders, who are not supervised or monitored, kept coming up to us, trying
to sell their dollar jewelry, etc. I can understand them trying to make a living, so we just
went back to the main area of the property, and stayed near the pools there.
That's a brief summary of our trip to Zoetry. We were quite disappointed in the experience, and will definitely NOT go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist corridor of Los Cabos conveniently on the beachfront, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, Casa del Mar Golf Resort and Spa, is your hacienda oasis in Los Cabos, Mexico. An intimate 50 room ocean view luxury boutique hotel where you can experience the warm Mexican hospitality and personalized service. Casa del Mar offers luxury amenities and accommodations, providing the perfect options and facilities for a relaxing escape, spectacular wedding or romantic honeymoon, a rewarding business travel experience, or a golfer's haven. The spacious rooms and suites are all entirely within a peaceful oasis of lush gardens, fountains and pools. Enjoy your quiet, relaxing vacation on an expansive beach. Rejuvenate body and spirit at our renewed luxury spa, enjoy our championship golf courses or venture out to explore the excitement of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Casa Del Mar Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo