“heaven in paradise”

Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
USA
“heaven in paradise”
Reviewed 6 June 2010

The perfect location for couples or family. the best mexican hospitality possible, wonderful staff make you feel welcome and appreciated from the moment you walk in to the resort.

the room are perfect, the food is excellent the atmosphere is classically mexican and extremely comfortable.

the perfect vacation I highily recommend Casa del Mar

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank roberto848

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Fishkill, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Our trip to Zoetry Casa del Mar in Cabo was relaxing, enjoyable, and so much fun all at the same time. My husband and I were treated like royalty in this beautiful resort. The service was exceptional – I never found my drink empty since every time I came close, a new glass would be presented to me. We enjoyed eating lunch by the pool side, without having the need to get up from lounge chairs since the menus, drinks, and food were quickly brought to us. One of the guys that worked there was Eddie – he was our favorite. The best waiter we had was Hector – the protector! The room we stayed in seemed brand new, very clean and modern. The bath amenities were amazing! We absolutely loved the shower. The ability to make free international phone calls was a great quality within the endless privileges package. We called the U.S. every day free of charge! We would definitely recommend Zoetry and will certainly return next year! Thanks for everything Casa del Mar – see you soon :)

Nosh & Vicky

2 Thank Vickymargilaj
los angeles
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Normally, expectations are low when you're headed to an all-inclusive resort but we had a great time at Casa Del Mar and the rooms and setting were better than we ever could have expected. Our room was huge and the staff worked overtime to make sure that our internet connection worked perfectly. The pools were great, the staff was incredible and we felt very taken care of during our entire stay.

The food could use a little improvement but the enthusiasm of the staff and their desire to make sure you're always satisfied more than made up for that shortcoming. The spa is wonderful and relaxing with top tier products. We felt like we were in a small hotel with just a few guests and were very relieved not to be staying next door at Dreams.

Only drawbacks are that the beach in front of the hotel isn't really swimmable and that their could be a few more onsite activities. The only thing I didn't like was the bed. It was the softest bed I've ever slept in and I felt like I was falling in.... I would have loved a firmer mattress but no place is perfect.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This was the most relaxing, beautiful and easy Mexico vacation we've done. The massages on the beach were great. The food was wonderful, the service was always with provided with a smile. Even the weather was amazing!

Although I had read several reviews that talked about the time share sales people, we never saw even one.

Go and see for yourself!!

MS
Reviewed 1 June 2010

This hotel has mixed reviews and is kind of expensive so I was a little worried when I book this for my birhday... all my worries went away when we got there! I love this hotel... small but exquisite!!! From the moment you arrive, they treat you like a star! Love the no check in or check out policy... the free international calls... the endless priviledges!!! This is an hacienda like hotel with normal size but very comfortable and well equiped rooms... Bvlgari toiletries, daily small deserts left at the room, great minibar and beatiful views of the Sea of Cortez. The pools are beatiful... somewhat cold but very refreshing! The view from the adult only pool is very relaxing and the music very soothing!! This is a place for romance and total relax... If you like nightlife/parties you need to go to town.
The food is 5star... sometimes the service is slow but you're on vacation and the wait is rewarded by very delicious dishes!!! The nighttime dinner by the beach is a dream!
The drinks are A+... beautifully served and all that you want is basically available!
The are so many little details that make this a real gem!! and we didn't even try the free massage...
After this experience I want to try all the Zoetry resorts... I already bought a package in November at Riviera Maya for my husband birhday and trying to book the one in Punta Cana...

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JuliMS
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2010

My observations, based on a recent five day/four night stay at Zoetry:
THE GOOD....
* The property was beautiful, and well maintained.
* The employees checking us in were very nice, and well informed.
* The room that we had was pleasant, although it was a double double.
* The rooms were well kept, the cleaning staff very efficient.
* The golf course (Cabo Real) is five min away, and the resort pays for the cab.
* Challenging course (first nine) and quite picturesque
* A round for two, with clubs, cart, and four sleeves of balls will run you $550 USD

THE BAD....
* Service - I'd heard that, since the resort went all-inclusive, that some of the employees
were disgruntled. This was quite evident, especially in the pool area. Rarely did an
employee come to where we were lounging, and ask if we would like something. If we
wanted a drink, then one of us would have to go to the pool bar, where the employees
were gathered, and ask for one. There were exceptions, but not many.
* Food - Average at best. We had to leave the property, in order to find, what we felt,
were decent meals. We did not go to the sister resort, Dreams, because we spoke with
a few people at the pool, and they all concurred; Dreams food was worse than
Zoetry's. And if you're eating by the pool, expect a lengthy wait for your food.
* Spa - Pretty poor excuse for a spa. No A/C, so the doors had to be left open. My wife
had a massage, then a pedicure/manicure. The same girl did everything. Once she
finished the massage, my wife sat in an uncomfortable chair, while this girl complained
about no A/C, and took almost two hours to do just the manicure/pedicure. The prices
were the typical resort prices, and not at all worth it.

THE UGLY....
* Apparently, Dreams had overbooked their resort, and sent some of the people over to
Zoetry, to stay in some of the condos. So, now there's a group of guys in wife beaters
(sleeveless T-shirts), with their significant others, hanging out at the pool, getting
drunk, and carrying on like a bunch of children. This continued into the late evening, at
the open air bar, each night. We could easily hear them from our room. We hadn't
signed up for that atmosphere, otherwise we'd have made reservations at Dreams.
* There are several pools on property. If you choose the one nearest the beach area, be
prepared to here the nonstop pounding of the amps, set up on the beach at Dreams
next door. If you want non stop partying, go to Dreams.
Also, the venders, who are not supervised or monitored, kept coming up to us, trying
to sell their dollar jewelry, etc. I can understand them trying to make a living, so we just
went back to the main area of the property, and stayed near the pools there.

That's a brief summary of our trip to Zoetry. We were quite disappointed in the experience, and will definitely NOT go back.

8 Thank L8173
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 May 2010

My Husband and I initially began our search for a hotel for our destination wedding last June. I researched hotels in all price ranges and all locations throughout Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. Once we walked through the entry at Casa del Mar and were handed a cold iced tea and cool washcloth we knew we found the right hotel. Casa del Mar is an intimate setting with an extraordinary landscape of pink and purple flowers, manicured palm trees, fabulous pools and caters to all price ranges and vacation styles - all inclusive hotel to non-inclusive condos. We began the planning process in September over email and phone and to my amazement, it worked. Although I'm a "Type A" control freak, my worries were put to rest once I began working with the wedding and event coordinator, Mariana. She is very professional, calm, patient, knows the hotel (and Dreams) and vendors well and is a great project manager. We had a relatively large destination wedding with 64 people. Everyone was incredibly happy with the hotel staff (so welcoming and helpful - everyone knows your name), accommodations (lovely), food (yummy), event (breathtaking). We couldn't have been happier!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
#25 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!