we stayed here for our honeymoon for 9 days. overall, we have very fond memories of this place, and we had a fantastic trip. there are, however, a few things that i feel could use improvement. i know no place is perfect, but if they fixed a few minor issues, this place sure could be close to it!
the staff. they are extremely friendly and just overall very good people. we were particularily impressed with hector (the protector, haha), raul, cruz, and kennedy. they were outstanding , and they deserve a raise!! :)
the room we originally booked was just okay to me. for any other trip but our honeymoon, it would have been fine. i was just a regular sized hotel room, nice furniture, and a big balcony with an ocean front view. the bathroom, as others have mentioned, needs improvement. the grout and caulk in the shower was old, and needed to be replaced. it looked kinda bad. the toilet had a half door, frosted glass, but similar to a public restroom door that didnt go floor to ceiling. so you had no privacy! i didnt like that at all, and they should replace those for sure. we decided that we would ask for an upgrade, since it was our honeymoon. we did have to pay the difference, which was reasonable, but they upgraded us to this FABULOUS room! it had a huge living/dining area, a full kitchen, washer dryer, huge bathroom, huge master suite and 2 balconys, one of which had a HUGE infinity edge hot tub, like 15 feet long. it was awesome, and we are so glad we upgraded the room cause it was amazing!
we ordered room service almost every day for breakfast, and it always arrived when we wanted it to. we were particularily fond of the fresh squeezed OJ, the smoked salmon bagel, and the fresh fruit plate. yum!
the pools were beautiful, especially the main one closest to the hotel. it was very clean, the landscaping was beautiful, and the temperature was just about perfect. you could eat lunch there, and the swim up bar was great. the waiters came around frequently asking if you needed anything, and replenished your bottled water without even asking them.
it was very quiet the entire time we were there. the busiest day at the pool, there were maybe 8 couples. same at the restaurants. maybe 10-15 people in the restaurant at once was as busy as we saw it. we kept on wondering, where is everyone!?! but its just the way the property is, which we were not used to.
the food was pretty good. i will say that it is the best food i have ever had in an all inclusive. i ordered steak almost every dinner. they served an angus filet at the restaurant in the main hotel that was very good. that was my favorite meal to eat there. they served it with potato for me upon request, so they were always trying to make us happy! but then when i ordered filet at the restaurant on the beach, it wasnt the same. it was more like sirloin, not filet at all. the goat cheese salad was really good at the pool restaurant. the mixed drinks were good, they even made tableside mexican coffee for us one night that was AWESOME! but, i am a wine drinker, and the wine there was terrible. they really need to get some better wines, every one i tried was awful. also the service is slow. they are in no hurry there to get you the food quickly. but we didnt really mind cause we were on vaca, and had no where to be anyways!
the cab ride into town was $25 each way! so that is a huge downer. you can go to dreams next door at catch a shuttle for $6 per person each way, so thats a better deal, but not exactly convenient to have to walk down the beach, especially if we were dressed up to go into dinner in town, we were forced to just take the cab. they should have the shuttle swing by zoetry to pick up the guests as well. its a higher priced resort than dreams, so we should have that courtesy. we did go to dreams one night and ate at the sushi restaurant, which was surprisingly good, but we didnt try any of the other restaurants there because we heard that they werent nearly as good as zoetry.
also, we could never connect to wifi. we even had a router in our room, and it didnt work the entire time! they really need to fix that, its so frustrating!
overall, i would recommend this resort. i feel that we got a good deal on our trip, and i would pay the same again. i would not pay more though, and it seems that they have upped their prices a little since we booked it.
thanks for a great honeymoon, zoetry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the tourist corridor of Los Cabos conveniently on the beachfront, overlooking the Sea of Cortez, Casa del Mar Golf Resort and Spa, is your hacienda oasis in Los Cabos, Mexico. An intimate 54 room ocean view luxury boutique hotel where you can experience the warm Mexican hospitality and personalized service. Casa del Mar offers luxury amenities and accommodations, providing the perfect options and facilities for a relaxing escape, spectacular wedding or romantic honeymoon, a rewarding business travel experience, or a golfer's haven. The spacious rooms and suites are all entirely within a peaceful oasis of lush gardens, fountains and pools. Enjoy your quiet, relaxing vacation on an expansive beach. Rejuvenate body and spirit at our renewed luxury spa, enjoy our championship golf courses or venture out to explore the excitement of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Casa Del Mar Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Casa Del Mar Golf Resort & Spa Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo