We just returned from our sixth stay at the Posada Real, and we're already planning to return next year. The staff and service there are the most warm and friendly we've seen, and we've done lots of traveling. We love the small resort, the cactus garden, the large dining room with terrace, the poolside snack bar, and the pool and beach service. Benito and the other poolside waiters are fantastic! We enjoyed lunches of ceviche, fish tacos, or guacamole on the beach almost every day. The breakfast buffet features large platters of fresh papaya, melon, pineapple, and other fruit, in addition to a variety of eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, Mexican dishes, and made-to-order omelets. The dinner buffet always included a variety of seafood, pasta, pork, beef, and salads, as well as a variety of desserts. The dining room wait staff always greeted us warmly and served us with a smile.
Francisco and Ishmael run the lobby and poolside bars with the same friendly attitude. Drinks are strong, beer is cold, and they are always ready to try something new, like the "Johnny," which my husband requested--margarita mix with rum, no tequila.
This is not a five-star resort, but it is kept immaculately clean on a daily basis by maids, gardeners, pool and beach crew, all of whom have smiles for their guests. We've had many wonderful conversations with staff members during our visits, and we know them by name. Urbano encourages his front desk/lobby crew to be friendly, and we were pleased to be greeted with "Welcome Home" when we arrived this year.
We loved watching the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, soaking in the jacuzzi (which was plenty hot), taking long walks on the beach, reading and relaxing by the pool and on the beach, eating delicious food, enjoying cold drinks, and relaxing completely. We also enjoyed the Thursday evening Art Walk in the center of San Jose and the Saturday organic market with music, crafts, and food just outside of town beyond the Art District. One night we took a nice walk down the beach to Zipper's for a dinner of BBQ'd ribs and coconut fish fillet.
I am always puzzled by the occasional negative review I read about this hotel. We have met many repeat visitors over the years, and all of us love it!
We always meet the nicest people at the Posada Real. We have enjoyed getting to know many Canadians, other Americans, Mexicans, and Europeans over the years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beach, a few yards from several of the many golf courses in Los Cabos area, close by the new marina "Puerto Los Cabos". With its low - rise structure, charming contemporary Mexican style and cactus gardens, the Posada Real blends perfectly with the rugged beauty of the Baja Peninsula The Posada Real Los Cabos Resort is a totally different property, because you can choose between two options of lodging: Our "All Inclusive" option, where you will receive breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and a selection of domestic drinks from 11:00am to 23:00 hours; and our unique "Drinks Inclusive" option, where you will receive, FREE of charge, a selection of domestic drinks, from 11:00am to 23:00 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Posada Real Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Real Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western Posada Real Los Cabos
- San Jose Del Cabo Best Western
- Posada Real Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo