“Great place”

Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Montreal, Canada
“Great place”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I mostly agree with the great review's about this place. My wife had a conference at the very very expensive hotel just beside the Posada Real and we felt we did not miss anything. In fact the staff is very nice and you have entertainment almost every night. The restaurant by the pool is very handy and the prices are very low.
Wi-fi is reception is best near the pool bar.
The only issue I found is that the music from the pool bar is VERY LOUND . They could also have more variety in the music as the same music is played often during the day.
All is all, a great place and I would go back if I went again in the area.
Apart form the hotel, note that you cannot swim in the sea because of the strong undertow and the strong waves.
The climate is very dry , thus the reason for the near dying palm trees along the road. You must see the estuary near the Holiday Inn hotel; the path leads you near the town. Their is a lot of vegetation and birds and ducks. Since its free , its not advertised...

The small town is about a 40 minute walk from the hotel (or just take the bus for 9.5 pesos !).
The town is really made for tourists and you will find many many jewelry stores.
You see very little local people as the whole area is simply a tourist place.
Five minutes or so by foot from the Posada Real , their is an ultra modern giant MEGA food and merchandise store and a Starbucks, a Radio Shack and other small stores.
As for the fridge in the room, we did not have one. We wish we had a fridge because we would have saved money and its very convenient.
The climate is great for someone who has arthritis. The area is quite safe and well policed.

On the other hand the climate is very dry, it almost never rains and the whole area is a tourist place & you cannot swim in the sea.
Their is no real sense of true living condition's of a regular town with the real local people living there, because its all modern hotels hotels and shops.

Room Tip: If you go to bed before 11 PM. make sure to ask for a room on the outside of the courtyard, away fro...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Yves497

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Pritchard, BC
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is my second time staying here - it used to be a Best Western three or four years ago, now it has changed hands but the good service has not changed one bit. Perhaps not the fanciest of hotels on the ocean but then it doesn't cost hundreds a night either. What one lacks in novel frills from the expensive resorts, this hotel more than makes up for in first class service. Great guests and a place where one truly feels comfortable. I will definitely stay here again, and again, and again.

Room Tip: I didn't know there were any bad rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jamesfalkener
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We spent 10 days in this resort and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms are large enough, though could use some TLC. Very clean and excellent service. There are so many servers to bring you wine, beer or coffee and are always appreciative of any tip you give them ;-) Breakfast is buffet PLUS there is a chef to prepare your choice of omelets.
The buffet (yes, for every meal!) is sufficient and you will always find something to your liking, be it vegetarian, fish, chicken or beef. The desserts are awesome!
This hotel is a low-rise - we stayed on the 1st floor facing the pool and had a lovely view of the ocean. You must ask for this, otherwise you may end up in the back.
I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 144 - Bed was extremely comfortable.
1 Thank Vikimor
Sarnia
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I read the reviews on this resort before I left and I was scared. The hotel is a little dated but very clean and the grounds are kept immaculate. The staff were awesome.... Jose, Francisco, Jeremiah, Gabriel, and my man Urbano were friendly and catered to our every need. Breakfast was fantastic, I always got an omelet but there were bagels and french toast. From 11am till 5pm then beach bar served tacos hamburgers real clubhouse sandwiches and salsa to die for. Dinner was not so great but I always managed to find something. Knowing dinner may be iffy I always grabbed something from the beach bar at 4ish just in case. In all the reviews I never saw the fact that you could sit in a lounge chair on the beach and watch whale breaching twice a day without moving off the chair. For a buck you can ride into town and shop or drink. Just outside the resort is a Mega store in case you forgot something.12.00 Almond tequila at mini mart around the corner..... The resort is quiet at night ..... partiers went to town. Cool mornings but that just gave you a reason to take a walk or shop or sleep in ;) There is no reason I wont go back to this resort..... Thanks Guys for a great vacation. There is a bar owned by a Canadian in Los Cabos formerly called the Corner Bar. Write your name on the wall there .... she loves Canadian choc. bars

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank cubachicksarnia
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed 5 days. Very clean, very freindly people and staff. We were happy with the experience. The weather was not nice 73 degrees and we could not get in the ocean. Breakfast great, We did not eat any other meals except fish tacos from the bar - excellent. Great experience at the bar and good entertainment except the last night when the drunk ruined it for all by interupting the two musicians. Bartenters great, staff freindly, and very hard working people. We walked on the beach, ate downtown, took two trips to Cabo, seen whales from shore, took a boat ride to lovers beach and beyond ( great boat captain and great tour), and had a fantastic time. We took advantage of all aspects of the Posada. A few tips for people- we ate twice at Shooters great tacos and beer about $2.50. We ate Giant shrimp $28 and $2 beers at another place downtown. We ate twice in Cabo both reasonalble on the beach with beers about 2.50. We rode into Cabo twice the bus cost $3 one way taxi $40. Catch the bus to Cabo at the mega store across from the MacDonalds.Taxi downtown $7 with $2 tip. You can easiily walk downtown we are in our 60's and walked. The boat taxi to lovers beach in Cabo is $10 each but remember tips to get off the beach and tip to the boat driver to give you a tour. We paid $50 in all the tip $20 to the boat driver well worth it. At the hotel I tipped the room cleaning lady $4 each day, I gave the bartender 50 pasos to begin each night and had about 10 -8 ounce beers my wife two drinks. I tipped the breakfast $2 each morning. These are not great tips but I believe I should tip for these services. Most people are from either Canada or Mexico with very few Americans. We met more people at this resort than we have in all the other resorts 5 put together that we been to in Mexico. Very nice and interesting people. Loved it but could not get into the water except for the one time at lovers beach. The beach at Posada not swimable becasue of the current but I think you can buggy board and play around in the ocean. WE HAD A GREAT TIME AND MADE THE BEST OF ALL SITUATIONS.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. I wished we could have had a King bed but so what.
2 Thank Ted R
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is not a new hotel. Its dated. The staff keep it very clean.
The layout of the buffet area isn't optimal, but the food provided is fresh and tasty. The breakfast quesadillas with freshly made corn tortillas were my favorite. But the cinnamon french toast was a close second.
The ceviche is simply amazing at the pool bar/restaurant. The all inclusive bar drinks and service were good. The made from scratch mohito's were delicious. The pool was inviting, but 70 degree high temperatures were a bit of a draw back.
Whale watching from under a palapa on the beach was a great way to spend a relaxing afternoon.
We had an amazing sunrise view over the ocean every morning from our "partial ocean view" room while lying in bed even.
If you're looking for a 5 star resort, keep looking, but if you're looking for value, good food, and friendly service, you should give the Posada Real a try.

2 Thank YuccaBC
Nunn
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My wife and I just returned from our 18th visit to Posada Real. We met some old friends and made some new ones. That is the kind of place that the Posada Real is. It is not a resort nor does it claim to be. It's clean and has the absolute best staff you could ever ask for.Urbano at he front desk is the nicest, hard working man you will ever meet. He is always willing to help you out with what ever you need. People ask us all the time why do you keep going back to the Posada Real? One visit there will tell you. If you are looking for the resort type setting do not go here. We choose the breakfast only option because we like to explore the area and find new places to eat, as well as go to some of our favorite eating places in San Jose. I fish from shore every morning if I am not on a boat. This year the fishing was not as good as usual, I guess the water was cooler than normal. I try to go to the marina most afternoons to see what the boats have been catching and it was also a little slow, a few small dorados, sierra, and a couple of strip marlin. We were in Los Cbaos for 11 days this year all were spent at the Posada Real. I wish the hotel would give you a discount after 15 years. Just kidding, if you are looking for a friendly small clean hotel where you will feel like you are home go to the Posada Real, if you are into the big resorts then go some where else you won't be happy here. Thanks to ALL the staff at the Posada Real, you once again made our vacation!!!!

Room Tip: I would ask for an even number room
4 Thank whopper-t
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Guest;

We really appreciate your comments about your stay with us, moreover because are coming from a frequent guest like you.

We hope to see you soon again with us

Sincerely.

The Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Tesoro Los Cabos
Tesoro Los Cabos
#62 of 115 in Los Cabos
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#7 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
#14 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#15 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Posada Real Los Cabos? Share your experiences!