“Good Location but Resorts Rooms and Service is a mess”

Posada Real Los Cabos
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I'm sorry to say that but I was not impressed with this resort at all, Hotel Rooms need a major cleaning the tiles in the bathrooms should be white as this is the colour they had originally but they are almost black, Bathtops need a good cleaning as well. I know I was going to a 3-4 star resort acording from other reviews but when I have arrived that was not the case. The Buffet food I have to admit it was okay would be nice to see some decorations like other resorts have. The crew on the other hand is horrible. No service at all you have to get everything yourself. Only person that is acctually working is their boss and all other are staying and talking among each other, good luck getting coffe if you dont get it yourself. Baby seats are dirty so if you planning to stay there bring your own sanitizer wipes. Reception and check in and check out ok with no issues. Bar in the Lobby closed for most of the day so you have only one bar at the pool. Food by the pool very good just menu stays the same all week. Resorts grounds are very nice and kept maintained. Resort has a very nice location and you will get rest and good vacation as long as you can put up with these things mentioned above. We are not picky family as we have seen a lot but while being there youll see same things for Yourself

Room Tip: Any room will be the same we had a room facing Hola Grand Faro and the ocean and the room location w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Snowram
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Your comments are really valuable to us and we put attention to them wih interest.

With regards to your comment, I want to mention to you that we had a meeting with our waiter's staff in order to emphasize the importance to offer a good service to our guest.

I have asked them to continue to improve the quality of their services offered to our guests, because our job is to provide a pleasant experience to all of them

I am sorry because we couldn't fulfilled your expectations.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel is right on a gorgeous beach. The ocean is a little turbulent so you have to stay close to the shore but it's still very nice and refreshing to bathe in or even body surf if you brought fins. There are horses for hire and souvenir vendors who come by on the beach in front of the hotel.

The hotel itself is super clean and tidy and the staff are exceptional. Many guests seem to be from Canada and other parts of Mexico but there are some Americans like me there too. In the rooms the beds are comfy, there's a nice tv, AC, balconies with chairs and views, and a safe to make your stay worry free. It's not the Ritz but it sure feels like it! The all inclusive dining for me is great. Plenty of sweet fruit, and the entrees are good with several choices I don't drink but the slushy virgin pina coladas were great on the hot beach. Large pool with swim up bar, padded lounge chairs and umbrellas, all the clean towels you need, tennis, mini golf, ping pong, lunch and drink service to your chairs all make the day wonderful even if you don't leave the hotel. In the evening there is scheduled entertainment and I liked the musicians a lot. The hotel has free wifi. T

Location is perfect. You can walk 4 blocks to the Mega (basically like a Walmart or Target) and change your $ for a good rate or buy what you need. From there you can also catch a public bus for a cheap short ride to Cabo S. Lucas. You can also go to Downtown S. Jose in 5 minutes from in front of the hotel for even less. Vans will pick you up in front of the hotel lobby to go scuba dive (I did), surf, fish, or whatever you want to do. There are concierges available in the lobby and behind the front desk. I used Epic for airport transfer and it was ok.

In sum, I recommend the all inclusive plan and was totally satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Bajadiver770
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Upon arriving the girl at the front desk asked for the confirmation voucher. I had it in email form on my phone and showed it to her. Not only was she rude, she told me that we couldn't check in without it and that an electronic version was not sufficient. Uh, hullo? Like I was going to go all the way back to Houston to get it. She went about joking and playing around with the other staff.

After being ignored for about 10 minutes, I asked her if I could use a PC to print. She gave me a key to the "business center". I asked her for directions and she mumbled something derrogatory under her breath since I was bothering her from making fun and gossiping about an overweight woman that was staying at the hotel. Very unprofessional.

When i went to print the confirmation voucher, the printer was out of paper. My husband went to the front desk to ask for paper. She snapped at him and told him that the electronic version was okay. He told her that I already had it up and just needed one sheet and if needed, he would pay the paper. We went to the front desk to check in, this time with the voucher. It took forever.

Once we were in the room I went to the terrace to see my "garden view". My view consisted of an old construction site, dumpsters and old mattresses that were thrown away. It was infested with ants and saw a roach in the bathroom. After complaining and letting them know it was not what I wanted for my 20th anniversary, they gave me the room I originally was supposed to have. No busboy was offered. We moved our all of our luggage ourselves.

The pool tiles were all broken and I ended up cutting my foot. The bartender was hardly ever at the pool. We were ignored by the waiters until my hubby started flashing dollars. Finally understood why we were treated so badly. As American born Mexicans, we are considered low class to them. Everyone was getting their drinks except us.

The Captain of the waitstaff and the kitchen staff were the only ones that treated us with respect. Meals were good. Beds were rock hard. We had no hot water. Had to ask for washcloths on a daily basis.

Before we departed, the manager asked us to fill out a survey. I thought I'd have some privacy to do it, but he stood right there as I filled it out. Needless to say, we will not be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms are not quiet at all. We could hear our neighbor's conversations clearly.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank a3times93
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Guest;
I am very disappointed to know that you didn't enjoy your vacation with us.
I am requesting a meeting with our Front Desk Manager in order to demand a better treatment to our Guests.

Sorry for the inconveniences, we will do our best to improve our Front Desk Service.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We have travelled to many places and stayed in resorts that were a 5 star to a 3.5 star and would rate this a 4 star inmost parts, the rooms a 3 star. This was our first trip to Cabo and loved it! We enjoyed our stay at the Posada Real very much. It is a small resort ( which I prefer), The staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome. I read where some people thought the front desk staff were unhelpful. No, I think the language barrier was probably the problem, you are in Mexico, Si! Some reviews say the drinks are watered down... no way! I personally can attest to that! Our room was on the main floor to the east of the building, very quiet, except the talking in the hallways, which seemed to quiet down around 10:00 or so. Bring earplugs, then you won't have to worry about it! The rooms are somewhat dated, the beds are very hard, but just ask for a foam pad at the front desk, I think they are getting new beds in, as we saw a pile of the old ones out back. The rooms could also do with some new shower curtains, as the ones they have are to short and water goes everywhere .The maid service was very good! I brought my own facecloth, but did not need to. We were pleasantly surprised at the pool- swim up bar, warm pool, pool next to beach and no shortage of pool chairs or palapas. Food and drinks were served to you right at your chair on the beach by a wonderful waiter named Bonito. They make the best hamburgers and club sandwiches at the beach hut. The main buffet, had very good food also, not a large selection, but was always enough! The chocolate cake is to die for. There is no swimming in the ocean as there are huge waves and an undertow. Nice to watch. The only bad thing I have to say is about the poker night at the beach, it is a bit of a rip off. They make you buy in , but you don't get any winnings back. They give away a couple of trips instead, and if you (WIN) you must pay the taxes up front, both people who won were not sure if its on the up and up! Take the bus into Cabo San Lucas, the marina is something to see. But watch out for the vendors wanting to sell trips for fishing, etc., they are a pain in the keester. Overall we had a great time and we highly recommend this place. We'll be back again!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Brandonbandits
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Front desk staff very unhelpful. Arrived at 11am we were allowed into our room but were denied our all inclusive bracelets until 1pm! Everyone else that arrived at the same time were allowed their bracelets except us! spent $60at poolside bar, complained but got no results or compensation. Food was average beds were rock hard. Other than the front desk staff all other staff were exceptional, Benito, Ismael and Krista are fabulous. Beach was very good as well as the grounds

Room Tip: beach front rooms worth the extra money. especially second and third floors. all other rooms have li...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Murray F
Reviewed 8 April 2013

posada was a great vacation. my wife and i went to cabo for the first time and we really enjoyed
our week at the posada real. one thing we did not like was the hotel desk as we came upon some unfriendly and unhelpful desk clerks. Ignore them and you will have fun. beach waiter "Benito" was
especially great. All the meals were good and we loved the beach area. tip a little and things will be even better. if you want a 5 star hotel, pay alot more.and at the airport stay away from the timeshare trap........

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank c d
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Overall, I had a great time in Cabo, the townspeople were warm and friendly, the weather was excellent, and the few excursions I went on were really fun. Unfortunately the Posada Real was awful. The staff were the only Mexican's I met who didn't make me feel welcome in their country.

The advertised hotel amenities were to say the least embellished. There never was wifi internet service in-room or anywhere in the resort for that matter, and the two computers in the 'business area' were so infected with viruses I was scared to access my email on them. On check in I found two 375ml bottles of water in my room with a notice I was to refill these bottles from large water coolers in the lobby for the remainder of my stay. The food served was lukewarm and bland and it quickly became evident that non-Mexicans could expect little to no service in the dining area, the exception was David who was the morning omelette cook. David was always cheerful and amazed a few of us guests with his memory of how we had our eggs the morning before.

My second day there, a large group of adolescents were checked into the wing I was staying in. The entire area quickly became a mixture of frat party and high school cafeteria. By 8pm I had the TV turned up so loud as to overcome the ruckus in the hallway I thought I'd get a headache. I proceeded to the front desk and asked to be moved to another room in the morning, the young lady at the counter simply threw a key onto the counter and said I could move right now if I chose and resumed her conversation with another night clerk. That was the last time any hotel employee made eye contact with me for the remainder of my stay, their attitudes ranged from total indifference to palpable hostility, save for David in the morning. Needless to say I ended up spending most of my time wandering around town were I enjoyed the hospitality of the local shop keepers and citizens alike.

As I said earlier, everywhere I went in Cabo, both san Juan and san Lucas, I met warm, welcoming, hospitable locals who's company I enjoyed immensely. Without hesitation I would recommend this as a holiday destination, with the caveat that another place of lodging was chosen.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Dan S
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear Guest,
Please accept our apologizes because we didn´t fulfilled your expectations.

Our hotel has a combination of guest from different countries, basically Canada, United States and of course Mexico, nonetheless we receive guest from Europe, Asia and Latinamerica.

Is correct your appreciation about the water service; we try to be Ecological but we understand that sometimes some guest don't like this standard. In this particular case, our Front Desk staff has the commandment to serve bottles of water every day if our guests requires it.

I will talk with our Front Desk staff in order to improve their services and friendliness.

Again,please accept our apologizes.