“fantastic value”

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Victoria, Canada
“fantastic value”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Recently my wife and I spent 2 weeks at the Posada Real hotel as an all inclusive deal. It was fantastic. We met so many people there , mostly Canadians. The food was terrific with so many varieties every day there is always something to please everyone. The best part was the staff. You just can't say enough good things about them. They are always there to help. The fellows that bring you food and drinks on the beach are amazing. Gabriel , the superintendent was constantly watching over the guests and always with a big smile to greet you. The beauty of this hotel is that it is a smaller size than some near by. That relates to much more personal service by the staff who go way beyond to make your stay enjoyable. It is definitely a gem worth visiting.

Room Tip: Our room faced another hotel so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patrick T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Pitt Meadows, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I have been enjoying this small hotel for three years now. Yes it is old, but kept nice and clean. The staff is great - whether it is the Front Desk staff, housekeeping staff, Kitchen and dining staff, or the staff on the beach - all very professional, very friendly, and helpful.
The hotel has one kitchen - buffet style - that we have found to be very tasty and lots of variety. Great for lovers of Mexican food!!! When at the pool area, you can have a nice lunch from the Pool side Kitchen.
Staff like Captain Gabriel, Benito, Jose, Jeremiahs, and loads more have made this a special holiday destination for us.
Plus the hotel is within easy walking distance to downtown San Jose del Cabo.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bob W
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A smaller resort, needs a little fixing up, but I was quite satisfied with it. Room was nice size - normal hotel room. Bed was just a tad hard, but no big deal. It was clean! Bathrooms could do with a little updating. Water from bathroom sink was processed so no worries brushing your teeth or making coffee! Not all rooms have a refrigerator - mine did. 2 bottles of water provided - keep the bottle and fill them from the water coolers in the hallway! Staff great - Joel, Benito....Francisco wasn't so good (to me anyway! not sure what his beef was - he was the bartender mostly during the evenings at the lobby bar). Can change money to required currency (cdn, us, peso) at the front desk. One pool - but it was great and not crowded. Food was excellent! Lots of choices - no other restaurants on site but didn't need it. Will go back!

Room Tip: garden or oceanview!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Aune2000
nevada
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Pros: the breakfast buffet,
the grounds~ love the cactus garden and watching the birds, pool area "mini golf"
the locaTion-close to restaurants,estuary, bus routes, super mega
Price~on the beach affordability! Hear the waves crashing!

Cons: rooms are noisy at night ~loud folks in halls and inconsiderate neighbors (we didn't have lobby noise at night as we were facing the other way)
Tipping is expected for every drink, (even soda), even tip the person who cooks your egg. Call me cheap but the tipping alone for waiters, maid, barhops will cost you an additional 20$ a day! If you don't tip like a king- you are not going to get the wonderful service everyone raves about.
Dated rooms occasional bug (tropics, I know)

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank apeakhiker
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Was booked to stay 5 days, ended up leaving after 2 days. First of all this property is not a 3 star, more like a 1 or 2. Beds were hard as a rock. Musty smell in room. Very old property that needs lots of work. I've never been so uncomfortable. Staff weren't friendly like I read in the reviews. Breakfast was okay.
The view of the beach was the only highlight.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Veronica542
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed because we couldn't fulfill your expectation.

We try to offer always our best service along with our facilities, but I understand that sometimes we can't have all our guests happy.

Please, accept our sincere apologizes.

The Management
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Posada Real in Los Cabos. The Hotel is really small they consist of only one resturant. I was not a fan of the resturant just because the food was not great at all. They barely have food to choice from (not a big selection). The hotel is quiet at night, the rooms are standard very small and old looking. The staff is nice, the beach and pool are clean but you cant swim on the beach just because the waves are too strong. This hotel or the area is not for young adults around there 20's that like to party, More for families that want to be left alone and quiet. But overall an average score. Until next time Mexico.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank JulisssaE_
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I'll start by saying that this hotel is not my style, however, it's nothing wrong with hotel, just didn't meet my travel style. I don't party like I'm 18, but I do like a little more than what is in this area. My friend and I brought her 3 year old daughter and she was happy with how quiet the place was, so it depends on what you are looking for.

Complaints - again these are based on my travel preference - San Jose del cabo was WAY too quiet. Even the bar closed at 11pm and if you wanted to meet people and dance, this is not the place. There is also no food available after 1030pm. I couldn't find much at all in the area that offered much for excitment and being by myself I didn't want to venture to cabo san lucas in the middle of the night alone. The beach is unswimmable, but if you book here you should already be aware of this. There are also no activity staff here, and I don't think there are much of any at any of the resorts in san jose - there are at some hotels, but again they are pretty low key, not too exciting. Even the music most nights is very mellow - seems more targeted to an older crowd or people who just want to relax and lay low.

The resort - extremely well kept grounds. I didn't see any garbage and they were constantly gardening, etc. Pool and beach etc were cleaned up daily. The staff understood english and were very friendly. Jeramias was a great server at the pool and beach. Jared was our Westjet rep and was very helpful with booking excursions and giving us information on the area. The rooms were very clean, maids were great. The food was pretty good - and there was some variety. I have never stayed at such a small resort - so it was a little different - no a la cartes, and only one buffet. The snack bar was amazing (but closes early). Nowhere on the resort is it a far walk - everything is close to the beach, etc. The beach was nice, and we spent a fair bit of time in the pool every night and it is heated. The hot tub was cold, but there was really only one day I would have jumped in it anyway because it was so hot outside. The beds were a little hard, but surprisingly not uncomfortable. Free wifi all over the resort which was nice. The drinks were fantastic.

We did do the camel excursion, the glass bottom boat and the dolphins. We chose well, they were great excursions.

I have recommended this hotel to my parents, and told my travel agent she could recommend this to anyone who wants to just relax quietly. I was impressed with the hotel for the people it caters to (again just not my style).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Shannondawnmarie123
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,
I really appreciate your comments and your honesty.
As you said, we are a small property offering a place to rest quietly.
We don't have activities in the pool area because most of our guests don't want them.
We have live music at nights to dance or just to have a good time.
And we try to offer food service with a very good variety.

Doesn't matter if your prefer another kind of hotel, if in the future you change your mind, we will be glad to see and serve you again.

by the way, I appreciate also your recommendations.

Sincerely

The Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Tesoro Los Cabos
Tesoro Los Cabos
#62 of 115 in Los Cabos
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Royal Decameron Los Cabos
Royal Decameron Los Cabos
#17 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
#14 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#16 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar

Been to Posada Real Los Cabos? Share your experiences!