“Free Drinks !!”

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
San Felipe, Mexico
“Free Drinks !!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

After a 4 day drive from San Felipe with multiple stops along the way, this hotel offered our group what we were looking for: A large pool and free drinks. Yes, I said FREE DRINKS. From 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day ! There was also a breakfast buffet included in your stay.
The property was well maintained with manicured landscaping throughout. The pool area was spacious and clean with a swim up bar and snack shack as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ralphy21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We just got back a couple weeks ago. We went on a Groupon and got an excellent deal. I loved that the hotel was quiet and shut down earlier as we have a 3 year old daughter and that was a big reason we chose this resort. The food was average. No seasoning, no great expectations but the tacos in the Wahoo Taco Bar were excellent, the club sandwiches were great and the made to order omelettes in the morning were a plus. The room service on the all inclusive plan (45 pesos per service no matter how much you ordered) was extremely worth it and the food seemed a little better than the buffet.
Our first room seemed to reflect our Groupon pricing - it seemed extremely run down, there was a rubber band holding the shower head on. We upgraded to a suite the 2nd night and it was well worth it and the room was excellent with an incredible view on the first floor. Loved it.
The staff was extremely friendly and nice for the most part; although some things went by the way-side. I asked for an extra towel at the front desk twice and it never came but I think that can be contributed in part to communication. The pool staff was amazing - especially Benito!! He is awesome and seemed to really take pride in his job. We enjoyed his attentiveness and friendly demeanor. Everyone was nice to our daughter and remembered her name by the end of our 4 night stay.
The resort is old and definitely needs updates, but it's very nice for the value and the staff really make you feel at home. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Krista S
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We spent three nights at this hotel using it as an initial stop to get into the timezone (having arrived from the UK) and chill before moving onto a diving boat based holiday. We arrived around 9pm, were well received by reception and given help to our room with our bags.
We had breakfast and drinks included in our package. We were looking for a snack that first evening, but the only option in the restaurant seemed to be a full buffet for a set price. An alternative snack based option as offered by the snack bar which was only open during the day, would have been perfect.
The bedroom was clean and a good size. The bathroom decor a little tired, but functional.
The food in the main restaurant was served buffet style for both breakfast and dinner. There was good choice and we felt good value for money. The snack bar by the pool also served good value tasty food.
The massages were great and not too expensive. The pool was not crowded and we were able to get a sun bed with shade
The hotel served its purpose, offering us comfort, good value for money and good service. It gave us a great start to our holiday.

2 Thank ClareVS
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments.
We are happy to know that we had fulfilled your expectations.

About your comment of the food service at lunch, we offer options to pay only the salad bar or coffee and dessert or the soup. I will talk with the Manager of the Restaurant to demand him to offer these options to all our guests.

Warm regards from Los Cabos.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

OK....where to start...This is the worse place we have ever stayed at. Very disapointed. The staff is not helpful. Upon arrival the bell men wouldn't show us to our room, just pointed out that it was in that direction. The room was barely an ocean view. It was old and dirty. The floors are tile and you could feel the sand on the floors, they didn't sweep the room. The room key is used to turn on the electricity in the room. So every time you leave the room and return, the room has to cool down all over again. I'm pretty sure they are reusing the shampoo and lotion bottles in the bathroooms. Now...on to the buffet. I don't really consider myself picky, but I do have a problem with flys on the food and birds eating on the buffet. The birds fly around the buffet area and land on the food. The staff never attempted to get rid of them. The buffet included individually sliced cheese, like the Kraft sandwich slices. Also had slices of lunchmeat. Like Oscar Meyer lunch meat. And what appeared to be Vienna Sausages in some kind of sauce. I spent the whole 5 days eating fruit and the little bit of salad items available. The room they call the buisness center is a small room off of the Gym room that had about 5 pieces of equipment in a room that didn't have the air conditioner on and didn't look very clean. The buisness center had a very old PC with a key board that didn't work well and there was only 4 pieces of used paper to print our boarding passes on. We were every dissapointed and will not be returning. On our last day, even getting a taxi to the airport was up to us. The staff was worthless and didn't care to assist you at all. I'm not sure what the other reviews are talking about, but believe me, They place should be closed. They really send a bad message for Los Cabos.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
2 Thank Angela P
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Angela,

I am saddened that we have not met your expectations during your stay with us.
We always try that our guests are well served and feel like at home. Unfortunately with you, we could not achieve this goal.

In regard to your comments, I just want to make some observations. For example, in air-conditioning, we have a system to save energy in where each time you leave the room, the equipment shuts down. We are trying to help the environment.

On the food at our breakfasts we always have a variety of fruits, juices, breads, pancakes, stews, eggs cooked at the moment, coffee, etc. ; also in the other buffets we offer several options to our guests. I understand that some guests may not like the food.

I will talk with the personnel involved as the bell boy, to demand them to be more attentive and give a quality service, that is our commitment.

I appreciate your comments and I hope in a future you would give us the opportunity to serve you again, to show that we can do it much better.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

After I read many of the reviews I decided to make a reservation in this Hotel. Unfortunetly, the value that I'm getting is below my expectations. I find the hotel too expensive for the quality of rooms and building. I should also say that service is above average.

Noise is a problem with the rooms. I got many problems with other guests when arriving to their rooms. Walls are like paper, you listen everything!!!.

Will not come again!.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alcortes
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest

I am really sorry because we did not fulfill your expecatations.

I will check over the noise in your room and look for the better solution.

As well, I appreciate your comment about our service.

Please, accept our sincere apologizes and I hope that in the future you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in order to show you our improvements.

Colorado
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just got back from the Posada Real and would recommend it for anyone wanting a small, quiet, low-key poolside vacation.

Check-in: Check-in was fast but I recommend taking your reservations and being insistent. I made only two requests (fridge and no first floor because of the kids) and neither was honored. "Maybe tomorrow," I was told when I asked to change rooms. After that, we were whisked off to a first floor room overlooking the tennis court's chain link fence. No garden view, no ocean, just a metal fence. Luckily, our air conditioner was broken, so they had to move us to a first floor room facing the cactus garden. Hmm...I thought no other rooms were available? The next day, we decided to upgrade to the suite. It was worth it. More on that next.

Rooms: You've read it so you know it...rooms are dilapidated. The furniture is old, the bathroom grout is dirty and cracked, the tile is stained...but, you hear the roar of the ocean so who cares. I am glad we updated to the suite. Less than $50USD a night upgraded us a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite with two porches facing the ocean. It was close to the volleyball court and pool, so it was great for running back and forth with kids, and gave us some adult time at night when the kids went to bed. We would just sit on the loungers watching the ocean. Money well spent.

Pool and beach: I loved the pool, especially the kids area. The kids pool is about 1-foot deep and separated from the adult pool by a short wall, so it is safe and close to parents. The swim-up bar was convenient and nicely shaded. There were always plenty of chairs and umbrellas (had to ask for umbrella), so no need to stress about finding a space. There was a volleyball net in the pool and some balls for anyone wanting to play. We brought our own floaties and shovels, so our kids were happy as clams. The beach is unswimmable but great for walking and building sand castles. Wifi was available everywhere and the palapas provided plenty of shade.

Activities: There are none :). The resort has a ping-pong table, a small mini-golf course, a beach volleyball area, and a pool volleyball net for anyone wanting to partake. Equipment is available at the front desk. The pool has light music during the busier parts of the day. I read that there was music in the lobby every night, but we headed up each of the five nights only to be told "No Musica." Is if off season? Dunno. We were traveling with younger children, so the activities didn't matter to us but I can see where others would be absolutely bored.

Food and drinks: Breakfast was lovely. They had cereal, bagels, fruit, yogurt, juice, an egg station, pancakes, and always a few hot dishes, such as potatoes, beans, a breakfast meat, etc. I never went hungry and thought there was enough variety for adults and kids. The pool bar was great for lunch. We had the chicken quesadillas several times and the fish tacos were scrumptious. The pool menu is limited so I can see how it would become one-note very quickly. We did not eat dinner at the hotel, so I cannot speak to that. Drinks were all-inclusive, and your typical resort fare....bottom shelf and watered down. How can you go wrong with a mojito, though?

Service: Pool and beach service was top-notch. Benito and Ismael were efficient and friendly. Our drinks were always filled and neither ever rolled an eye when bringing our twenty-seven ice creams (my kids were addicted). Housekeeping was also great. Breakfast service was OK, not overly friendly or fast, but adequate. Lobby service was a boo. I felt as if I were intruding. In the evenings, the lobby was dedicated to soccer on every TV and I was not "in the club."

Location: The location was perfect. The Mega was about a 10-minute walk. There, you could buy snacks and catch the bus to Chileno beach (which we loved for snorkeling!). In the other direction (right out of the hotel), was a strip of restaurants and the walk into town. The Urbano bus was frequent and inexpensive (10 pesos), and picked up right at the entrance to the resort or anywhere on the road into town (don't bother with a cab...you will pay $7 to go 1 mile). We ventured into town every day for dinner and enjoyed the variety (BTW, I highly recommend the Corner restaurant). Zippers is about 1.3 miles up the beach. Zippers was a long walk but a nice way to end the day.

Pros (for me): This resort is small. You will see the same 10 families there every day and everything is within line-of-sight. I liked it because I could keep an eye on the kids if they had to run to the room or the bathroom. I liked the location because we could walk into town and easily catch the public buses. Pool and beach were perfectly relaxing. Pool service was excellent. We tip well but I never felt as if my service was related to my wallet.

Cons: I felt unwelcome at the lobby bar. Also, if my air conditioner hadn't been broken. I would've spent my vacation looking at the chain link fence.

Room Tip: I know others have said that every room has an ocean view, but my first room was on the ground level...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank ColoradoEasyPeasy
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just got back from our 3rd visit to the Posada. Love it! If you're looking for a relaxing vacation, with great service, right on the beach, then this is it! A small hotel, no escalators or elevators! Comfortable, not "snooty" or "hoity toity". The friendly atmosphere keeps us coming back, as well as the wonderful staff. Food around the clock, drinks served quickly, and with a smile!
Benito on the beach can't be beat, Francisco at the pool bar always remembers our favorites, and Ismael in the lobby bar has the greatest smile! For those of you who have been there before, Gabrielle "El Capitan" isn't there anymore. The only suggestion I have is to round those breakfast boys up, and get them to work. Tables weren't cleared, etc.

Mega is a walk away, as are buses. Taxis will pick you up at the door.

We're already planning our 4th trip to The Posada, and this time we're bringing our granddaughters. Its such a family friendly hotel! We can't wait!

Room Tip: Ask for a View Room. Its worth the upgrade!
2 Thank Corinne B
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Tesoro Los Cabos
Tesoro Los Cabos
#60 of 115 in Los Cabos
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Royal Decameron Los Cabos
Royal Decameron Los Cabos
#17 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
#14 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#16 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar

Been to Posada Real Los Cabos? Share your experiences!