This was our first trip to the Baha. We decided now that we are retired, let's look for a good price and it won't matter to where...for just a week...and try and time it with a predicted cold spell at home. We found a terrific price out of Vancouver Canada...all inclusive including air...359.00 plus taxes with Sell Off Vacations. 1300.00 complete for the two of us!! I expected maybe a seat on the wing of the plane and a damp back room above the kitchen. Well, were we in for a shock! Now first off...get this right...this is not for anybody looking for a high end, and high energy property. But for twice what we paid...this is a bargain! The rooms are clean and bright with terrific ocean view from the balcony. The beach is phenomenal. The pool area is beautiful. The entire resort is so calm and relaxing...zen music/spa type was flowing for the most part of every day. It never got crazy loud in the evening. Nice wine sipping evening entertainment in the lounge area. We did miss the Mexican evening, but heard it was wonderful.
The guests were families and couples of all ages. The meals (buffet only) are basic. Nothing to write home about and nothing memorable, but more than adequate at the same time. Breakfasts were the best with real bacon and sausage! We've been around the best in Mexico over the years and real sausage? Bacon?
The staff in all departments are beyond the best anywhere, and they all speak affulent English. Yes there is bar service on the beach. More than ample padded loungers on the beach and around the pools.Free interne. Stocked and replenished mini fridge in the rooms. No charge or deposit for the room safe. The towels are thick and thirsty so to speak. They must be new since one reviewer was there. And a good little hair dryer is supplied in the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom...some will grumble because the showere curtain is mildewed, and the ceramic tiles are cracked or the grouting needs repair. Grumbling can be a job for some.
And I'm done now. We would not likely return because our old bodies like our beach water warm, and for us that's Ixtapa and maybe one day Huatulco. I hear there is a Posada Real in Ixtapa!! For anyone who is ok with a heated pool and beach bar...and peace and quiet...you'll not go wrong at the Posada Real. We had an absolute wonderful week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beach, a few yards from several of the many golf courses in Los Cabos area, close by the new marina "Puerto Los Cabos". With its low - rise structure, charming contemporary Mexican style and cactus gardens, the Posada Real blends perfectly with the rugged beauty of the Baja Peninsula The Posada Real Los Cabos Resort is a totally different property, because you can choose between two options of lodging: Our "All Inclusive" option, where you will receive breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and a selection of domestic drinks from 11:00am to 23:00 hours; and our unique "Drinks Inclusive" option, where you will receive, FREE of charge, a selection of domestic drinks, from 11:00am to 23:00 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Posada Real Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Real Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western San Jose Del Cabo
- Best Western Posada Real Los Cabos
- San Jose Del Cabo Best Western
- Posada Real Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo