Just got back from San Jose del Cabo and let me tell you, if it were not for El Encanto Inn, the trip would have been a total loss for me. The architecture along with the gardens are charming to say the least. It was very easy to lounge in the pool and watch hummingbirds drink from the hibiscus or compare the different types of palms surrounding the grounds.
The staff works non-stop from sunrise past sunset. They are constantly cleaning and tending to the flora. Following our daily excursions, we always came back to a clean room with fresh towels, soaps, etc.
El Encanto's location is beneficial to those who want to be in the middle of the city which offers great restaurants and art galleries. Bring some cash with you because none of it is cheap. A few blocks away is their touristy main boulevard lined with different variations of the same shop selling the same stuff. Overall the location is great, but I think I would have preferred it to be on or closer to a beach. I could have selected a hotel or resort on a beach; however, I never saw photos of another hotel that looked quite as nice as El Encanto.
Three things to consider:
1. They started doing construction the last day we were there. It was loud and produced a lot of dust, as if the air could hold any more dust being kicked up from the surrounding dirt roads. I think one of the workers said that a spa was being built, but I am not sure. I would definately inquire about their progress before booking reservations.
2. Their website says that they serve food on the premises, but this is not true. Not to worry though, their is a fabulous bakery just a block away and a resaurant by the name of Jazmine's that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
3. El Encanto is actually two buildings, one across the street from the other. We were supposed to stay in a standard room which would not have been in the main building with reception and the pool. Only the pool suites are in the building with the pool (and construction), so they very generously gave us an upgrade in rooms. The other building is not as nice and is in need of renovations. They might actually be doing this because I don't think anyone was staying there, but again, you may want to check this out before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of the historic downtown and art district of San Jose del Cabo, on Thursdays you can enjoy the Art Walk, just a few steps from the mission of San Jose, surrounded by craft shops, galleries, restaurants and bars. Located to less than 500 meters from the transpeninsular highway and just 5 minutes from the beach by car. On Saturdays you can enjoy the organic market located to 5 minutes by walking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel El Encanto
- El Encanto Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo