“Better than ever!”

Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Portland, OR
“Better than ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We were married at the Cabo Surf close to 2 years ago and couldn't wait to get back. Luckily, we were able to return sooner than expected. It is just as wonderful as we remembered....maybe even better now that we got to relax more with no wedding planning to deal with! The staff couldn't be more kind and welcomed us back with open arms. The new rooms, pool, jacuzzi, and expanded restaurant are gorgeous! We really can't recommend this place enough. The service, accommodations, food...everything is top notch. I'm not ashamed to say that for the second time, tears formed when checking out. You'll never want to leave!

Room Tip: Room 32 (formerly 19) has a gorgeous view of the surf and is set a bit apart from the others.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kwright369

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
So. Calif.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I don't want to rave too much as I hope this hotel does not get too popular and losses it beautiful touch. All I can say is that the hotel is great in every way, but in a very comfortable, laid-back natural way. No fussy clothes or people, just cool surfers and families that appreciate a great hotel, food, rooms n service.
I am 52 n have taken 2 surf lessons in Hawaii n sayulita but never stood up but the instructor Miguel stayed positive n I stood up 5x!!! Knock that one of my bucket list!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Buzzamia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We visited Cabo Surf Hotel at the end of January 2012. The weather was perfect- 75-85 sunny every day.

The staff was great. Jesus was an attentive manager. Christian was an ever-present drink and food attendant. Carlos was a very polite and skilled bartender. And Tony ran a top-notch resturant.

The rooms in the new building are the best we have seen in Baja. Very modern- a lot like the Portland Pearl area. The king bed looked out onto the 2 surf breaks, so every morning about 7:30 I could open my eyes and plan my day of surfing.

I was worried about noise, but we experienced none in the new building. There are 2 pools now. Both are kept up very well and are non-chlorine. The resturant was very good. In fact, I had the best steak in my life there (twice).

The surf was not the best this time of year, but I did get 3 days out of 6 of nice chest high waves. The water was very warm and water socks protected me from the sea urchin population. ;)

I would go to this hotel again without a doubt. We trully loved it and the staff.

What a jewel.

MM- Portland Oregon.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Infoone
Newport Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

We've been to the Cabo Surf Hotel before but had heard that they'd built new rooms and were curious to see these, as well as to get some warm, sunny Mexico weather and surf. We were favorably impressed with the spacious, modern and comfortable Shore Villa rooms, each of them having a full panoramic view of some of the top surf spots in all of Cabo San Lucas, Old Man's and La Roca. What a sunrise view, even from our bed!!! Lots of surf and stand-up paddling activity right in front of the Cabo Surf Hotel each and every day, and we even tried to learn surfing and SUP'ing at the Mike Doyle Surf School, with friendly surf teachers!! A fun, international crowd here at the Cabo Surf and their 7 Seas restaurant is well-known for its "fantastico" food all times of the day, and we had their great fish and shrimp tacos at least once every day! Try their "rustico" salsa, and flour tortillas are killer !!
Everyone is SO friendly here at Cabo Surf, from the waiters to the surf school to the guests!! Everyone is enjoying themselves, surfing, SUP'ing, swimming -- it's an all-day party. And yes, we, too, saw whales from the restaurant while having breakfast and lunch.

Room Tip: The higher floors in the new wing and other parts of the hotel have the best views of the surf and s...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank ladunmire
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

This hotel is one of my fav's. I've been all over Cabo San Lucas for years now, but this spot is my first choice for a quiet first class vacation. It's a boutique hotel that is gorgeous inside & out. They just opened a new building, thus adding to the hotel's amazing property. Surf camp on the beach, cocktails at the infinity pool overlooking the beach, moonlit dinner at 7 Seas. This hotel is perfection. If you're looking for a big resort to share with 2000 of your closest friends this is NOT the hotel for you. Cabo Surf is a small hotel with 2 pools, jacuzzi's, an awesome restaurant for bfast, lunch & dinner, and will always be my go to spot in Cabo. Close to San Jose Del Cabo, great restaurants, and one of the best surf breaks in all of SJD. We love it.

Room Tip: Every room has a view of the beach - I prefer the second story rooms with the hammock on the patio...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PamelaLovesToTravel
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Overall, we loved the hotel. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The restaurant pleased our picky norcal local, organic palettes (lunch and dinner are better than breakfast). The setting is lovely. The rooms and pools gorgeous. We saw whales from our balcony. So why 4 stars instead of 5? Our room (like a few) was right over the restaurant which meant that at 7am every morning we were awoken by tables being set up. If they redid the sliding glass doors to be triple glazed or had a fan only option on the ac unit then those rooms would be great. Until then, request a room away from the restaurant. Also the price is a bit steep. Watching real surfers in the morning was great, but as we were there between xmas and new years, the surf school sort of dominated the beach area with sometimes up to 20 people in the water. We went SUPing twice and loved it but board availability was limited since it was high season. I recommend renting a car for a couple of days as cabs are crazy expensive. Also highly recommend going to flora farms for dinner.

Room Tip: away from restaurant - some people did not seem to know about the second pool on the east side - it...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,279 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We were in Cabos, staying on the corridor in July of 2011. Our first time to Cabos. I read about the 7 Seas in a travel book and it was on our "to do" list. So glad it was.

We had a dinner reservation and when we pulled up to the security gate, they had our name and told us where to park. The grounds were nicely maintained and the hotel looked charming. There was a woman who came out to greet us and took us to the restaurant. The restaurant is set up so you are looking down at the beach and pool area. We had our choice of where WE wanted to sit...SO NICE. We were greeted in minutes and exchanged some friendly talk. We were asked if we wanted a wine list(we did). Napkins were laid on our laps. They brought over a purse stand for my Chanel handbag. My husband ordeded a bottle of red wine.

Our table looked out to the incredibly beautiful ocean. The restaurant is all open air and has a very, warm tropical feel to it. Hemp ropes with glass bottles hanging, some nice plants, etc. It was dusk, but there was still some people with their dogs walking the beach. Some had surfboards. Soft background music. Waiter brought our bottle of wine and it was fine. Gave us our menus and told us some specials. My husband got the snapper and I got the baja lobster. We each ordered salads and they were very large and VERY good. The service was impeccible...they worked in teams of 2. Everything was presented to us at exactly the same time...what a treat. Refilled our water glasses all evening long. Never rushed us. They were attentive to us, but never intruding. The food was hot and oh, so delicious. I have NEVER had better lobster. It was huge and seasoned to perfection. It came over mashed potates. My husband's fish came with rice and veggies. We were too full to order dessert. We were there almost 2 1/2 hours and the bill came to about $140.00US, including the tip. We walked away VERY pleased with the evening. They accept credit cards. Some patrons were dressed very nicely, others more casual. There is also a small bar. We came back later in the week to just have a cocktail & the waiter remembered us.

I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to you. It was very special. We are going back to Cabos in March 2012 and we will go back. 5 Stars.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple