Cabo Surf Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Hyatt Place Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Marisol Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Royal Decameron Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Breakfast included
Posada Real Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Park Royal Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Pool
Mar Adentro(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
All reviewsrent boardssmall hotelnew wingboutique hotellaid back vibegarden roomperfect hotelrooms are lovelysan josebeautiful oceansliding glassking roomping pongcrashing wavesthird floorwhale watchingfood and drinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Overall, Cabo Surf Hotel is a beautiful property. The grounds and pools are very nice. We splurged for a King Shore Room, and the view was amazing. What was lacking, however, was consistent service. When paying top dollar for a hotel room (the King Shore room is definitely not what I would call a "bargain"), I expect everything to be top-notch. I was disappointed to find that for 3 out of 4 of the days we were there, the pool areas had no towels in the towel bins and I had to walk around looking for someone to put out towels in the morning (at a reasonable hour, 9-10am). One of the days, they did not even have the chairs set up by either pool as of 10 am. Another morning, there were empty drink cups and food trash still left sitting around the infinity pool, I'm assuming from the night before. I watched a couple of staff walk by at least 3 times and no one bothered to clean it up. It also looked like someone started to add chemicals to the pool and clean the skimmer but got distracted: a bottle of chlorine or some chemical was left sitting on the side of the pool and the skimmer cap was off. I was thinking it was a good thing I didn't have my toddler with me. Eventually, another guest ended up moving the chemical bottle out of the way and putting the cap on the skimmer hole.
My husband rented a surfboard from the surf shop at the hotel. He felt like the staff there was inattentive and standoff-ish. Again, not what is expected from a hotel that caters to surfers. Maybe because he is an accomplished surfer and wasn't going to spend a bunch of money on lessons?
We also were hoping for the small and individualized feel of other boutique hotels where we have stayed before (the staff remembers your name and greets you each day, asks how things are going, makes recommendations for local things to do)--this wasn't the case. I never really got that feeling like anyone was going out of their way to make our stay memorable.
The restaurant was a pricey, in my opinion, for Cabo standards. We had one nice dinner there and the food was good, but nothing to rave about.
I will say that my husband was able to surf 2-3 times a day and really enjoyed having the surf breaks right out front, although they did get a bit crowded when the waves were good.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be conveniently located at a surf spot and isn't worried about spending a little more than expected on food and drinks. Based on other reviews, maybe we just hit them on a bad weekend when they were understaffed. But I felt compelled to give my honest opinion. I've stayed at other boutique hotels in Mexico (Punta de Mita and PV), and have had the time of my life and service was impeccable. This time I'll have to say I was a bit disappointed.

Room Tip: King Shore room had a beautiful view, but I realized that all the rooms have at least partial views of the ocean when we got there.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SDlala
CaboSurfHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Cabo Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

We are very sorry about your experience. It may be comforting to know that we are launching a beach towel management system with cards. It will save a lot of precious water & energy and guarantee a handy beach towel for every guest at any moment. Also, our surf shop staff is more convinced of the importance to maintain the friendly attitude that has characterized us all along.

We hope come back soon, thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Cabo Surf Hotel's staff and location were everything my guests, husband and I could have asked for! Thanks to Martha Lomeli and the fabulous staff at Cabo Surf Hotel my wedding was even better then I could have imagined! Many of my guests have travelled the world and stayed in the finest hotels and were so happy with the services, dining, location and friendliness of everyone at the hotel. As a wedding coordinator, Martha helped pull everything together for me, and her suggestions for florist, Pina Hernandez and my photographer, (also the hotel's resident surf photographer), Daniela Fernandez were absolutely amazing! I still can't believe the work they put into my wedding and looking at my amazing photos are the only way I know it was real because it was simply to good to be true! We have been to Cabo, my husband over 5 times and no experience can compare to the one we had at Cabo Surf. Both of us, as well as most of our guests surf as well so we couldn't have been more pleased with the beach access and waves out front, as well as the helpfulness of the surf staff who came to our rescue in a missing fin screw bind, despite us not renting from them.

Room Tip: splurge on the ocean front suites, they are well worth the extra money to wake up and be able to check the surf from your balcony, especially from your private jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Surflovetravel

We love to hear how happy you are, we will share your comments with all the staff and Thank you to choose us to celebrate one of the most important days of your life.

See you in your first wedding anniversary!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We love this hotel. Epic surf break, delicious restaurant, close enough to town, gorgeous landscaping, beautiful horizon pool, attentive staff and such sweet attention to details even when they clean your room! They organized all our daughters little toys in a cute pile each time! We rented a car but could've easily relied on the cab service to take us in and out of town. The Mega store is right down the street and has everything you might need. Fish tacos around town are to die for. The surf school beneath the hotel has most surf needs covered including paddle boards which was super fun on calm wave days! We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank bluebellSanFrancisco
CaboSurfHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Cabo Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we love to heard that you recent visit was so pleasant, see you on your next visit!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

After living in Cabo for 15 years, I now return regularly and stay in my own condo or in a private villa with friends. Because I love the location and laid-back vibe of this property, I decided to spend the first week of a two week vacation here this month and it was HEAVENLY.

I booked the King Shore Villa which is pure nirvana for someone that cannot be close enough to the ocean. The sound and view of the surf were mesmerizing. Pocket doors opened an expansive panorama to the sea and stayed open almost the entire time I was in the room. Amazing linens, comfy robe, L'Occitane en Provence bath amenities, flat screen TV, iPod docking station, in-room coffee maker and fridge, huge walk-in travertine shower, and private roomy deck were all incredible ... but it was the view and sound of those waves that blew me away!

The grounds of the property are tucked into one of the most beautiful coves along the coast and covered with palm trees and green grass ... a tropical oasis in the heart of the desert. Reminds me of Hanalei on the North Shore of Kauai. Although I spent most of my time on the beach, there are also two distinctively different pool areas to choose from, both with spectacular views. And even though the hotel was sold out, there was never any scrambling for a spot or a thick, plush beach towel to grab - there actually was quite a relaxing, zen feeling thoughout the property.

The restaurant, 7 Seas Seafood Grille, serves delicious food with plenty of fresh, healthy ingredients. From a refreshing green juice in the morning, to tuna sashimi for lunch, to a fig and arugula salad for dinner - there are plenty of choices to take advantage of the local bounty of farm fresh and seafood delicacies. Dessert was always a "Coco Frio" from the coconut truck parked only a five minute walk from the hotel. I was also lucky enough to hit their "Full Moon Jazz" dinner concert - there cannot be a better place in Cabo to watch a moonrise over the water!

The biggest draw of all is the incredible location if you love surfing. The waves were perfect for this beginning surfer and at various times of the day, and very close-by, big sets offered challenging surf for those more experienced. Mike Doyle's Surf School offers a huge selection of boards and the best surf instructors around! A huge gracias to Miguel for getting me up on the waves in no time for the second year in a row, to Enrique and Daniel for all your friendly assistance, and to the amazing on-site photographer Daniela for the awesome pictures!

Without doubt, the best thing I experienced at the hotel was the feeling that I was staying in my own private beach bungalow with a group of friends. The most attentive, friendly staff greeted me by name and made me feel like "part of the family." Whether in the restaurant, on the beach, around the pool, housekeeping or front desk management, it is clear that everyone takes pride in their job - fantastic service!! Thank you Ivan for bringing me an ice cold Topo Chico right down to the beach - without me even ordering it! And thank you Jesus and everyone at the front desk - wonderful hospitality! With such a friendly, attentive staff, it was no surprise that every guest I spoke to at the hotel loved it, and felt like it was their most special "find" in Cabo.

Mauricio and the Balderrama Family have created a truly exceptional property that goes far beyond a great location, rooms, view or surf - it is a hotel with heart and soul and to me that makes it very special. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank susanh2777

Thank you to take the time and send us your value feedback, we love to hear that you enjoy all the hotel services. these comments are really important to keep improving in all the hotel areas, we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a fantastic experience for a wedding. Martha and the staff were tremendous. A great boutique hotel. Most of the rooms have ocean views. Food was 1st class. Would highly recommend this hotel for your destination wedding.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Shore King rooms in the new building. Balcony looks at the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael S

Thank you so much for your feedback, we will share all your comments with our Staff, We hope to see you coming back soon