“Great Place, but Hard to find ”

Flora's Field Kitchen
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ( Closed Mondays) Floras Field kitchen is about handmade food using our farm fresh ingredients. Our goal is to create a healthy family meal with a sense of place. Our day begins at four in the morning when Jose the baker arrives to fire the wood oven. Working with sourdough cultures and pre ferments he makes loaves of Pain L'ancienne baguette, ciabatta, sourdough, focaccia, whole wheat and herb breads. Chefs, cooks, stewards, the butcher and farm hands begin arriving after first light. Throughout the morning produce comes in to be washed and prepped while the line gets fired up to prepare the first meals- through dinner there is harvesting going hand in hand with cooking. All meats served at Floras Field Kitchen come from our nearby 150-acre ranch where animals are humanely raised on diets that do not include hormones or antibiotics. In the evening, and for Sunday brunches, the wood-burning oven becomes Mamas pizzeria. We make Neapolitan style pizza with fresh mozzarella and dough that is built over time and handled lightly.
“Great Place, but Hard to find ”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

The Flora Farm Kitchen is located by traversing a road full of pot holes and the traveling down a dirt road for about 1000 meters with a steep drop off near the end. The path is not marked all that well, but if you are willing to take the driving challenge and can find the place it is worth the effort. The food all comes from their local farms, the people are kind, the food is good, the wine is great (and you can get Mexican wines) and the atmosphere is amazing. We ordered pizza, pork chops and pasta. The entrees were ok, but the local bread and cinnamon rolls were great. In addition, the venue had a live jazz band which played music for the duration of our meal. Overall, I would recommend this place.

1 Thank MplusA

Centennial, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Feature Drinks, Amazing Food at Flora's Farm”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Off the beaten path a bit. If you're driving be certain to download the pdf at Flora's website.
If you're doing your own cooking this trip be certain to plan on picking up some of the grocery items available on site as well.

• Visited May 2014
Austin, Texas
“5 start experience all the way...”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

If you haven't been to Flora Farms, you must go! It's literally farm-to-table, and your seated within the farm! You can taste the freshness in every bite, and everything is delicious! The bar menu is incredible. The pizza is great. The pork chop is ridiculous. And the whole atmosphere and experience is amazing. Do yourself a favor - when in or near Cabo/San Jose del Cabo - GO!!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank ATXwino
Carlsbad, California
“Hands down one of the coolest restaurant experiences I have ever had”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Went there on a Tuesday in August so assumed it would be empty. It was not - groups, families with small children, romantic couples and business diners (us) were all there. Writing this review from my phone so will keep it concise, but here are my high level comments: (ps - I am a seasoned traveler in Mexico and always rent a car - I found the place with no problem but if this is your first trip to Cabo you may want to take a cab)

1) the place, the place, the place - upon arrival, you just want to meander. You can see the restaurant itself in the distance, but there are so many unique elements to look at that it may take you a while before you even want to sit down.

2) the crowd - most people were dressed up to some degree - not stuffy at all, but nowhere near beach wear. The place made me feel like I was at a large family reunion, where everyone was a distant cousin but we were all there to eat and have a good time. Parents and kids danced to live music, which was a charming touch. It was hot (all seating is outdoors) but they had a lot of fans and misters.

3) the service - fast, friendly and helpful, and I am picky about this.

4) the food - was there on fried chicken night, which comes in a prix fixe fashion with appetizer and dessert. The two people that ordered it said it was as good as fried chicken can be, but not necessarily out of this world. I asked about the signature dish - they recommended the Burrata and the pork chop, which were very good. Another vegetarian colleague had a salad to start (delicious) and a basic pizza, which was also quite good. We all had the mango truffle dessert which was great. Prices were definitely not cheap but did not seem out of line for the quality delivered.

The unique combination of place, crowd, service and food made this one of the most memorable meals of my lifetime. Go.

2 Thank Adam M
Florida
“From Farm to Table -- YUM!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I were vacationing in Los Cabos with our daughters, their husbands and my sister. My son-in-law had been told about Flora's Field Kitchen and how good it was. We went one evening and everyone was pleased with their meals (pizzas and pork chops). I will say the beet salad was the best I've ever tasted. One warning, the drinks were really strong --- so strong it nearly ruined the drink. The best thing about the evening was the ambience of the establishment -- outside under twinkling lights -- beautiful. If you go at night be prepared for the drive on dark empty dirt roads. We almost turned back, sure that we had missed a turn. What greeted us when we finally arrived more than made the drive worthwhile.

• Visited August 2014