Half way through the second day we were already tailing about when we were coming back. Check in was quick, bags to the room immediately, free valet parking. The hotel is beautiful in an open air environment. A little hot the third week in August but small price to pay. The rooms are beautiful and the staff first rate. The view from 5037 was over the top beautiful. We did think its was a bit damp in the rooms though. We assumed it was seasonal thing, but we've stayed in the Caribbean many times and didn't experience this. The pool area is very nice and the staff around top shelf. It was amazing how you could look around and not see anyone, then seconds later they were standing next to you asking what you needed. The beach is swim able but at times a bit rough. Umbrellas everywhere if you need them, and we did! The breakfast buffet was excellent, $28 for adults $20 for kids. Vouchers available for gold and diamond that really make it affordable. The restaurants overall served very good food. Typical resort pricing, though if you drink with dinner, it could get expensive. Pool bar was very nice, good food at lunch time, burgers, pizza's (freshly made), tacos. Good drinks.
My only disappointment was with a lack of entertainment. Maybe its by design, or seasonal, but my 15 yr old boy was getting bored after three days of taking it easy. I know there's a million things to do off property, and we did some. (Buts lets be honest, they get real expensive for families real quick). Something on the property, bocce ball, shuffle board, lawn darts, etc. would be helpful.
Would recommend renting a car if you have any plans to travel outside the resort. This was our first trip to Cabo, and figured we would want to check things out. Two trips to Cabo for dinner, highly recommend Marisco Macumbo for really great seafood. We had a whole red snapper, barbecue grilled, that was quite possibly the best piece of fish I've ever eaten. Just my opinion. Two trips to Jose del Cabo for shopping and dinner. Very nice place, old town was really quaint. Just 10 minutes door to door from the hotel. Walmart is close by as well. If you have kids, ask the hotel for a mini frig and stock up on snacks at Walmart, they have everything.
Overall we had a great time and really are planning on going back in March, this time together with another family. This should eliminate the "boredom" and the dampness.
There may be other, better properties in Cabo, but I assure you you won't be disappointed here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo