“Great Family Experience”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Nashville, TN, United States
“Great Family Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our 4th year taking our family vacation at the Hilton Los Cabos. We request the same room each year and they make a point of having it available for us. The staff is extremely responsive to requests, the restaurants do a nice job and the pool, fitness center and spa are high quality. We will definitely be back next year for our 5th year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were happy to accommodate your request for a room reservation, and pride ourselves on presenting our guests with enjoyable amenities and services at our resort. We look forward to celebrating your family's 5th vacation with us next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (874)
Seattle, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Cabo Hilton delivers impeccable service from an excellent facility with beautiful views. I am so glad that my wife and I had the opportunity to enjoy this slice of paradise. Five stars for a world-class hotel!

1 Thank Kevin B
Southlake, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was disappointed that I used some of my Hilton points to spend time at this hotel where I had to get up at 7:00 am to just get a chair by the pool. Not much of a vacation for me.

Also, There were very few "thank yous" from the Hilton team in Cabo for being a Diamond Member and very little recognition for my level of commitment to Hilton.

I was only offered a continental breakfast and had to pay an upcharge of $9.00 for a hot meal. I thought full "Hiltons" always gave Diamond members a full breakfast not just continental,

My room was on the third floor and due to the palm trees I had to bend down, lean out, etc... to even see the water. The third floor is used also to move maid carts in the early morning and all night and early morning you have a "flood" of LOUD toilet flushing
I always request a "high floor" and was not offered this here.

Bring your own snacks, drinks, food - everything here is very expensive

Be careful renting a car - yes you can get the car cheap but they charge you an additional 25.00 per day for "mandatory" liability. Cabs are very expensive, $60.00 to Cabo and back and then $50.00 to San Jose and back. So you are somewhat stuck at the hotel.

When we checked out they would not allow us to pay in US dollars so be prepared

The pool, housekeeping and restaurant staff were GREAT. That is a plus but was hoping for something a lot less stressful

Room Tip: Be sure you are high up, and don't be on the third floor as they use the third floor in the morn...
4 Thank jeansassie
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for the feedback and for being a Hilton HHonors Diamond Member. We are pleased to learn that you found our pool, housekeeping and restaurant staff accommodating. However, we do apologize that you did not experience the vacation you hoped for and that you felt you were not recognized for your level of commitment. The satisfaction of our Hilton HHonors guests is very important to us. We would like to speak with you further about your overall experience. If you are willing to speak with us, please contact the resort directly at enjoy.loscabos@hilton.com. If you are able to provide your room number, that would help us to investigate the noise disturbances you experienced. We look forward to learning more about how we can improve our service for you.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This may sound odd, but as my first Tripadvisor post I will take the time to compliment the executive management team even before I arrive for our actual stay. Without getting specific, I made some special requests of the hotel and the team responded with true professionalism. Their desire to make our stay the best it can possibly be was is clearly evident, and is a true indicator of what to expect for our upcoming vacation. We have stayed at nearly a dozen high profile and well reputed luxury resorts, and it's clear to us that this experience will be one to look forward to!

1 Thank Connor M
Thank you for taking the time to review, and congratulations on your first TripAdvisor post! We are pleased to hear that your special requests are being accommodated, and that your needs are being honored. We look forward to seeing you during your upcoming vacation.
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos for only one night before flying home to San Diego. This was the result of owning a house in the Los Cabos area. We have stayed here before and have always enjoyed the location and rooms. I am sure we will do this same sort of thing again. No complaints for this stay other than an alarm clock that hadn't been cleared and woke us at 5:45AM.

1 Thank eastcape2000
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I decided that Pros and Cons help me the best for when I travel...

Pro:
1. When we arrived we checked in and they gave us very tasty margaritas, and lemonade and apparently they have 21 filters in place so the ice etc. will not hurt your stomach. (still I remained skeptical)
2. The pool is BEAUTIFUL, amazing, spectacular. I loved it…just looking at the ocean from the pool was so relaxing, try and swim when the sun is going down it is picturesque, or just grab a lawn chair and watch the waves in the ocean. This was seriously my favorite part of the hotel. Other hotels that I have been to close down the pool at night time, but this was extremely lively even at 1-2 in the morning! There was a volleyball net and multiple pools on property.
3. The massage prices are regular price to any other type of hotel MINUS the nails those are ridiculously expensive. (I guess one of the cons got into here)
4. The fitness center is awesome, the equipment was high tech, and they offer free yoga on the beach on Tuesdays and Saturday mornings.
5. Ricardo was very nice, he works at La Vista, as was the housekeeping staff.
6. The room service had the best food (IMO), more than any restaurant we had gone to.

Cons:
1. The “manager” Yara at the front desk kept trying to raise our room price, first we thought this was something to do with us and then we overheard another family that booked through Costco still trying to get upsold and she was blaming it on the “taxes and resort fees” which really do not add up to the amount that is trying to be charged, so be aware.
2. The waves/current is quite strong so you definitely want to be careful and do not let kids be alone by the ocean water. I came here in June and it was also Jellyfish season so just be careful of that as well.

Tips:
1. Bring your own sunscreen, because one bottle that is $9 in the US is $25 here!
2. Be aware at all times because sometimes it seems like they are trying to rip you off (after all it is Mexico)
3. Overall, this place was really worth the price. I have stayed at numerous different places, and comparing it to hotels such as the four seasons to the ritz to westin, I felt that it is accurate to say that this property looks like a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton property but obviously the service was a bit different in comparison so I would rate it a solid 4 stars. It was a great great hotel and I would definitely return as a couple or with my family, it is good for both situations.
4. I would try and get a room on the top floor so no one is above you, we couldnt hear people walk or anything but sometimes it seemed like someone was moving furniture which was kind of annoying but random...

Random:
1. This would be a really cool place for a destination wedding
2. They rent a car for the day for $60 USD including taxes and fees and that’s pretty much what two taxi rides will cost so it might be worth it, OR maybe it is cheaper from the airport (something you’ll have to look into if you are interested)
3. Solid 4 Star Hotel.
4. Lastly, if you want to rent out a cabana (it would be pretty cool for a family cause it is so big but it is $100 USD and it comes with 4 Fiji water bottles (which would be $40) and fruit basket. Just thought I'd share =)
5. I HATE bugs and they did a great job of keeping the property clean (big plus for me!)

Room Tip: Top level probably would be the best to avoid anyone above you, do not spend extra for an ocean view...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samiyah04
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love the pool too, and we think that guests should be able to enjoy it around the clock! It is good to know that you used services from our spa – they really can help take your relaxation to the next level. And good for you for staying on top of your fitness regimen while on vacation! Thank you again for taking the time to review, and we look forward to creating another welcoming environment for your future visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous 5 star hotel on the beach. The food a little pricey but superb. Our room was unbelievable it had a balcony overlooking the pool and beach; jacuzzi tub. Concierge very helpful with helping us choose some of our tours. The only inconvenience was the resort was not near the marina or downtown Cabo. A taxi each way is $30 so you had to rent a car or take the bus. We took the bus several times.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Aflynn61
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#13 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#9 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Cabo Azul Resort
#7 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,639 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,995 reviews
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!