My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and initially were blown away by the property. It's beautiful, it truly is. The beach and the pools are extremely nice.
The food is overpriced, but well executed. We ate in town for most meals since the food at the hotel wasn't really our style, but it's a resort with multiple restaurants, I can't complain about it. The bars and cocktail menus are great, some very unique stuff and high quality too.
Our problem comes down to the management and service. Service would be wonderful unless there was a problem. If you got the wrong food, something was prepared incorrectly or you had a problem of another sort, the staff would turn into rude and inconsiderate people, including managers!
We stayed for a week and really only got about 2 days of the hotel since there were issues on the other 5! First, it rained, can't help mother nature but it shut the entire hotel down for a full day! No towels at the pool, no chairs to lay out on, no terraces at the restaurants to sit at (even though they were covered!). It rained for 20 minutes, and we lost an entire day of the resort.
The next day the government or somebody decided to shut power off for a system check! So we had no A/C, couldn't get certain types of drinks and could only get food from room service, which was 15% more expensive due to the service charge! This can all be forgiven or worked around, the power was out for I think 9 hours, it came back on in the late afternoon, the bigger problem was the internet. My wife was waiting to confirm a new job offer and needed access to the internet, it didn't come back until after 9pm. This hotel advertises amenities, including internet but it was not usable for an entire day. On top of that, when we asked questions about when it would be back, the manager proceeded to yell at us in the main lobby, saying "what do you want me to do!". How unprofessional!
Lastly, the hotel was host to a 600+ person fishing and golf tournament that took over the entire place for over half our stay! We had no access to the main pool for two days, the beach was taken over by their private concerts, cocktail hours and dinners and the hotel could care less about us as soon as this event started, (because they cared so much to begin with!). To make us feel even more unwanted, twice a day we received an event schedule delivered to our room!
We had no clue this event was going to be happening, it took our nice, peaceful honeymoon away. If we had known, we would have just chosen a different week to come, simple as that.
We also had problems with the room. We were told we would have an ocean view room, but it was just a giant palm tree smacking us in the face, no view at all. They didn't have any available because they needed them for later in the week when the event started. Our A/C made a constant squeaking sound, there were tiny bugs all over the room and we even found a huge cockroach, it nearly fell on my head by the front door!
I will say this hotel offers a lot and I believe we had a lot go wrong all at the same time. The spa is wonderful, the pool and grounds are beautiful and the staff can be amazing (or amazingly bad). I posted this review previously and got a response from the general manager to e-mail him directly. I emailed him twice ( I think his name is Tim?) and got no response. This further demonstrates my issues with our stay. It's all for show with no follow up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo