“Wonderful Beach Resort in Los Cabos corridor”

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is an incredibly nice resort with the best service of any resort/hotel that I have ever been to. There are Incredible beach views and the hotel is right on the beach. The rooms are nice, big enough for 2-3 people with nice ocean views and balconies. The price for a room was $250-275/night which I think is reasonable for what you get.
There are three great restaurants, two poolside, and one overlooking the pool area. The food is superb but the prices for the food are very high. The food is excellent and the service is well worth the price. It makes for a very expensive vacation if you eat all or most of your meals there.
Still, I can't wait to go back.
One tip/thought: If you rent a car (which is not expensive), you would be able to go into San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas and explore restaurants there that may be less expensive. If you decide to take a taxi, the fare is $50 round trip so that has to be factored into your decision to look for less expensive restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ILoveItHot
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We also love the available cuisine at each of our restaurants, as well as our comfortable furnishings and amenities in each accommodation. We look forward to seeing you again on your return visit to Hilton Los Cabos.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,492)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary, so I contacted the Hilton staff early to coordinate some things to make the event special. Boy, did they come through for us. Joan and Cristian hooked us up with an awesome upgrade, flowers, chocolates and champagne, all for very reasonable prices. (I will say there was a *minor* misunderstanding in some of the details, but as any good staff will do, they "made things right" and we were super-pleased with all of it).

The room was INCREDIBLE. Best view I've had in years. A Hilton bed (amazingly comfortable), an incredible bathroom (double-shower, water jet tub, etc.), a great balcony, etc. LOVED IT.

The concierge staff was great, too. Pablo hooked us up with dinner reservations as well as excursions in Cabo San Lucas.

My ONLY negative (and I have to add it, to be fair) is that the pools were way too warm. Yeah, that's all I got... And it was about 100*F out there, so it's not like there's a whole lot they can do about it.

A pretty severe storm blew over the second morning and made a mess of things. All sorts of poolside furniture ended up at the Melia Hotel next to the Hilton. But, wow, what an impressive crew the Hilton has: they had things up and running in no time. You could hardly have noticed that anything happened by that afternoon.

All-in-all, we will DEFINITELY be back here. This is the BEST Hilton we've been to. We actually thought it ought to have been branded a Waldorf Astoria.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and initially were blown away by the property. It's beautiful, it truly is. The beach and the pools are extremely nice.

The food is overpriced, but well executed. We ate in town for most meals since the food at the hotel wasn't really our style, but it's a resort with multiple restaurants, I can't complain about it. The bars and cocktail menus are great, some very unique stuff and high quality too.

Our problem comes down to the management and service. Service would be wonderful unless there was a problem. If you got the wrong food, something was prepared incorrectly or you had a problem of another sort, the staff would turn into rude and inconsiderate people, including managers!

We stayed for a week and really only got about 2 days of the hotel since there were issues on the other 5! First, it rained, can't help mother nature but it shut the entire hotel down for a full day! No towels at the pool, no chairs to lay out on, no terraces at the restaurants to sit at (even though they were covered!). It rained for 20 minutes, and we lost an entire day of the resort.

The next day the government or somebody decided to shut power off for a system check! So we had no A/C, couldn't get certain types of drinks and could only get food from room service, which was 15% more expensive due to the service charge! This can all be forgiven or worked around, the power was out for I think 9 hours, it came back on in the late afternoon, the bigger problem was the internet. My wife was waiting to confirm a new job offer and needed access to the internet, it didn't come back until after 9pm. This hotel advertises amenities, including internet but it was not usable for an entire day. On top of that, when we asked questions about when it would be back, the manager proceeded to yell at us in the main lobby, saying "what do you want me to do!". How unprofessional!

Lastly, the hotel was host to a 600+ person fishing and golf tournament that took over the entire place for over half our stay! We had no access to the main pool for two days, the beach was taken over by their private concerts, cocktail hours and dinners and the hotel could care less about us as soon as this event started, (because they cared so much to begin with!). To make us feel even more unwanted, twice a day we received an event schedule delivered to our room!

We had no clue this event was going to be happening, it took our nice, peaceful honeymoon away. If we had known, we would have just chosen a different week to come, simple as that.

We also had problems with the room. We were told we would have an ocean view room, but it was just a giant palm tree smacking us in the face, no view at all. They didn't have any available because they needed them for later in the week when the event started. Our A/C made a constant squeaking sound, there were tiny bugs all over the room and we even found a huge cockroach, it nearly fell on my head by the front door!

I will say this hotel offers a lot and I believe we had a lot go wrong all at the same time. The spa is wonderful, the pool and grounds are beautiful and the staff can be amazing (or amazingly bad). I posted this review previously and got a response from the general manager to e-mail him directly. I emailed him twice ( I think his name is Tim?) and got no response. This further demonstrates my issues with our stay. It's all for show with no follow up.

Room Tip: Get an actual ocean view, not a palm tree!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Matt E

Thank you for bringng this to our attention. We are deeply sorry that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory, and that you were unable to get in touch with us previously.
Our priority is always guest satisfaction, and we appreciate you alerting us to the trouble you had when you approached the front desk for help.
We regret to learn that the communication was not followed up. Tomorrow you will be contacted directly by one of our Executives.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

While a beautiful resort, I left 2 blouses in the closet and called the 800# and hotel directly with my case #, I was told my blouses would be delivered to my colleague's neighboring room. Several phone calls and several different STORIES later no results. Worst was that phone calls were NOT returned and I was treated rudely by hotel staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Travelinggir6969
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for alerting is to this problem. We apologize that your colleague never received the blouses you left behind, and that you feel that you were not treated well during this issue. We would like to speak with you further about this experience. Please contact the resort at enjoy.loscabos@hilton.com and provide your room number and the dates you stayed so that this issue can be fully resolved. Thank you again for speaking with us about this.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stunning views, clean and beautiful rooms, attentive and friendly staff, every amenity imaginable....fresh and delicious food served graciously in any one of the many available restaurants, open air walkways, bar, and lobby...excellent and swimmable beach, infinity pools, swim up bar, 2 jacuzzis.... I can't say enough fabulous things about this beautiful hotel. We stayed a week to participate in a family event and it was a perfect spot for both our young and older friends and family members. There were plenty of options for excursions to local activities for guests to choose from. We purchased the internet service package to use with our laptop for $10 per day and it worked without a hitch. Although there was no coffeemaker in our room, early risers could catch free coffee in the lobby till 7 am, and the rest of us quickly found the convenient "deli" downstairs where we could purchase it at a reasonable price... along with other delicious snacks, sandwiches and salads. Quietly elegant and beautiful... Can't say enough great things about this hotel. Highly recommend

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Pat B
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have never been to hotel where the staff are this welcoming and this warm. They helped me organize a taxi, sorted out my bags, greeted me everywhere I walked and even answered endless questions. The room was spectacular, I felt like royalty. I had an amazing view of the pool and the ocean. If I ever go back to Los Cabos, this hotel is where I would stay! Perfectly located between San Jose and San Lucas

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! Our staff enjoys creating a welcoming environment for every guest. We welcome questions about our property and the surrounding area, and encourage everyone to seek out the answers they need. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Amazing Arrival: When you arrive at the Hilton Los Cabos there is no waiting in a line for check in. Your luggage is placed on a cart and a helpful employee like Daniel arrives with a strawberry margarita to take you to your room. In late July with the humidity equaling the temperature, both in the 90s, that is a welcome sight.
Conscientious Concierge: I am a planner, but hadn't really planned much for this vacation. We aren't the sit and soak in the pool and sun types, so we spoke with Carlos and Dulce regarding activities. Golf had been planned for a few days, but we also arranged a memorable Snorkeling trip to the Cabo Pulmo area and a unique jeep adventure to the inland area of Miraflores and Santiago to see some natural hot springs and a great waterfall. Carlos and Dulce had arranged the golf beforehand and their recommendations and reservations for all activities were flawless.
Terrific Teamwork: This staff works well together. On our third day a short lasting storm with strong winds (we estimated at least 70 mph) which tore off roof tile and had pool umbrellas sailing through the sky, came in unexpectedly. We found out later from locals we met in San Jose del Cabo that this was an unusual storm , w/ strong rogue winds. Prior to the storms' arrival early in the morning the staff had already put the fabric lounge covers under umbrellas, prepared for rain, and when the winds tore everything up it was amazing to see how quickly this group put everything back together again. (By the way, for those of you who resent the early risers who reserve prime pool spots, those early risers paid a price for removing the chaise lounges and marking their spot because their belongings were blown all over shortly after they marked their spot. ) The pool was pristine in several hours; separate banquet rooms were set up to serve breakfast as the outdoor areas were unavailable; the venue was put back together in a record time and people who arrived just several hours later would never have known the havoc that had just transpired.
Fabulous Food: Other writers have complained about the price of the food, but I didn't find it overly expensive. First of all, we are not Hilton diamond/gold members--had actually originally planned to go to the Sheraton until we found a week before our vacation that the golf courses at the Sheraton would be closed. We arranged this stay through Alaska Airlines. We did not have "coupons" for breakfast, but I still thought it was all a pretty good deal because the food was plentiful--large portions, and even more important , it was fabulous. The breakfast buffet is full of choices for everyone-- even gluten free bread. But our dinners at El Meson were out of this world great. A shout out here to our waiter for 4 meals: Adrian. We felt like we went to the home of an old friend each time we arrived. Ceviche, the BEST guacamole (written by a San Diegan, who has had a lot of guacamole), margaritas, chips, fish tacos, sea bass, lobster, filet mignon, incredible desserts, Mexican Chocolate, tequila tasting--all fantastic. On Saturday a full mariachi band, complete with white studded pants and white shoes, plays near the entrance to the hotel. Saturday night a 3 man band played at El Meson and their ability to match any request with a fabulous rendition of everything from Guantanamera to Hotel California to Beatles to typical Mexican music made a wonderful night even more memorable. La Felicita is an Italian restaurant that also had marvelous food, great service and the ambiance viewing the ocean over the vanishing pool with lanterns floating was just what we needed. We ventured out one evening for a meal away from the property, which was ok--but nothing compared with the food at the Hilton.
Best Beach:
We walked north and south of the property and the beach at Hilton was great and the best in the area. There is a small beach break , a minor undertow, but in general very mild conditions, warm water and a great place to relax. A little further north between the Hilton and the next location is an area where the boys in our group body surfed daily. It is a stronger beach break, and you shouldn't try it unless you know what you are doing, but it was great fun.
Superb Staff:
Probably one of the best things about this property is the staff. I saw some of the same people every day, the attendant at the gym ( and this gym is clean with working equipment, weight machines, free weights, earphones, water, towels, etc.) remembered me, greeted me by name. Daniel assited us in on arrival, departure and procuring a taxi for our trip into Los Cabos. The housekeeping staff work extra hard to clean up all that sand our sons brought back in their bathing suits from the beach each day, we had room service bring coffee a few mornings and each time we received what we ordered at exactly the time we wanted, the Spa staff was gracious, calm, kind. (The day of the hurricane winds, golf was definitely out of the question, so everyone opted for a Spa service and they accommodated our late request with grace). Truly, I felt really appreciated as a patron, and we were not Hilton Gold or Diamond members, or with a convention, -- just a regular family on a vacation. Each and every person there smiled and greeted us and made us feel welcome.

Small Suggestion:
My only suggestion is that I think it would have been nice to have a coffee maker in each room. As it turned out I got my caffeine fix if I needed coffee before breakfast or the deli open at 0700am. Room service is available for breakfast starting at 0500am, and the pot of coffee they bring---on time--is piping hot, plentiful, great and an drinking coffee on the balcony each morning watching a surreal sunrise was incredible way to start each morning. I also think it might be nice to have a small refrigerator--but we did fine without one. Bottled water (the Hilton has its own filtration system as well) was available from Housekeeping, and new bottles appeared with morning clean up and evening turn down.
I think I might be afraid to try another place in Cabo because I can't imagine having an experience as great as this one. For those of us with stressful jobs, this is a perfect way to wind down and enjoy yourself. I recommend the Hilton without reservations.

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms are probably great. We had rooms 2045 and 2044, you would want a beach fa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family