“Great service.”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
“Great service.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you are planning on leaving the hotel for food, don't. We ate 4 nights at the hotel. The food is great and not outrageously expensive. The pool bars have tasty sushi and very good pizza. El Meson restaurant has wonderful Mexican food, far from the normal.

Everyone really cares about weather or not you are enjoying your vacation. This is the nicest resort I ever have stayed. The two pools are huge and beautiful .

Room Tip: All rooms face the pools and have fabulous views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scotty5050
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review! We are happy that you enjoyed dining at the hotel. We strive to create excellent meals at each of our convenient on-site restaurants. We also make sure that our guests are enjoying themselves, and we appreciate that you noticed the attentiveness of the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Los Cabos.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The Hilton los Cabos is one of the few here that have not given into the all inclusive push. Thus the quality remains high and in reality you never have to leave the property to have a great vacation. We come 2x per year, about 20 days. Julio is a pool side supervisor (recently promoted) that is the king of customer service. His bar and restraunt rock, from salads to pizza to sushi. The pool is so incredible that most days we dont even walk down to the beach. Instead we enjoy the beach and ocean views from our spot, poolside.
Scott and Wendy

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott L
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went to Cabo this past May for our 24th Anniversary. It was our first time in Cabo, but it will not be our last! The Hilton Resort is amazing; the property, the staff, the restaurants, and the accommodations, are superb in every way. We were greeted with complimentary margaritas while our room was readied and our luggage taken care of by the first of many outstanding staff members. Our ocean front room was beautifully decorated, and had the best view I could have imagined. There were heart balloons, towel swans, and the words HAPPY ANNIVERSARY spelled out with beans on our bed. There was a cheese and fruit plate, a bottle of wine, and an anniversary card on the table. We were overwhelmed. The rest of our days there were filled with dips in the gorgeous infinity pool, lounging by the pool or on the beach below, and incredible meals at all of the restaurants. We can't wait to go back to Cabo and stay at the Hilton of course!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michwalla
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! We are happy to have had the opportunity to celebrate with you, and we fully enjoy taking extra steps to decorate rooms for special occasions such as these. We are happy to hear that you appreciated the bonus Anniversary amenities, and that you loved the view from your accommodations. We cannot wait to welcome you back to the hotel on your return visit, and congratulations again on your anniversary!
los angeles
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have just returned from a mini-vacay with my 21 year-old son at the beautiful Hilton Resort. Having been swayed by all the wonderful trip-advisor ratings, he had insisted I book us into the Hilton Resort instead of the Fiesta Americana where I had spent a few nights just this past March with my husband and been very happy...for less money, since it is all inclusive!
To make him happy, I decided to give the Hilton a try and see how it measured up.
here are my findings: the rooms at the Hilton are definitely nicer...bigger and nicer furnished...the bathroom with a big jacuzzi tub, two sinks and a huge shower....however, the view we received was very disappointingly of the Melia Resort next door ...and the "partial ocean view" I had booked was so partial as to be non existent. I did complain...but it did me no good. I had pre- requested a high floor, but received the 3rd floor (one floor below lobby level).
I found the grounds to be beautiful...but, to be fair...the Americana was just as beautiful and in all honesty I liked their pool better!

Here, the main pool was always loud and full...(although, in all fairness, that could be due to the season) we had had to get our lounge chairs at the "quiet pool" which was a bit of a walk and was never quiet, but at least had some available chairs.
The first day...which was extremely hot and humid...we found the pool water to be like bathwater and not cooling at all! we complained, and I have to say the next four days the pool water was cooler! was it just a coincidence or did they actually listen and adjust the water ? I honestly don't know but was happy, regardless.

Here comes the reason they can get away with charging people extra for food and alcohol: the Beach!!! Phenomenal!! My son and I spent literally all day every day in the ocean, which was amazing! the beach here is a completely different experience than over at the Fiesta...where you have to brave a very rocky and small area to even gain access to the water at all!
If you love the ocean and it is true that this is the only swimmable hotel beach then by all means spend some more and come here...it really is worth it!

Otherwise, I must say i found their food and drinks overpriced and not at all remarkable. At night there is literally NOTHING to do here and only 2 restaurants to choose from...over at the Fiesta there is a firepit with live entertainment nightly and more restaurant options. The service is mostly good in both hotels equally...some employees going above and beyond to make sure your stay is wonderful...others really only looking for a tip and otherwise ignoring you....which I found to be true in both hotels.

Overall, my son and I enjoyed our stay...although I do need to add that both of us caught a pretty severe stomach bug on our last day (I was so sick i almost ended up being taken off our plane since I was passing out) which lasted 3 days. We both never left the hotel grounds and only ate and drank the food and drinks they provided. Of course....we could have caught something in the ocean or the pool and not necessarily from their food or beverages...who really knows!?
I love Cabo and it is only a short trip from Los Angeles...so, I'm sure we will return! Wether to the Hilton again or back to the Fiesta...or even to try yet another Hotel remains yet to be seen...but, in all honesty i think 4 stars is a fair rating for this Hotel.

Room Tip: pay more for a high floor and don't take "partial view" as it is more of a "nonex...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank clarissa n
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was undecided on where to take my wife on our 25th wedding anniversary and lo and behold I chose the Hilton Los Cabos resort and my wife and I were not disappointed! I wanted to surprise her seeing that we couldn't afford to take a honeymoon when we got married 25 years ago. Each year on our anniversary I took her to different places, Las Vegas, Hawaii, and the many worldwide locations that I was stationed at while in the Air Force, but the 25th is a once in a lifetime achievement and event. The service at the Hilton Los Cabos was exquisite and the food was phenomenal. Everywhere we went the people were so nice and the staff were extremely friendly and gracious. We met a couple at the pool and when my wife went to the restroom they told me to talk to the concierge about decorating our room at no charge being that it was our anniversary. So, I arranged to have the room decorated while I took my wife on a day trip to San Jose del Cabo. We got back to the hotel a little early so I had to take her down to the beach to waste time. When we got back to the room my wife noticed the door open and I thought 'Oh no' they weren't finished decorating the room. We walked in and the gentleman decorating the room was so nice and apologized for not having the room ready. I told him no problem because he had ran us a bubble bath, made the towels 'Swan' decoration, left cheese, fruit and wine and added balloons! My wife was so taken aback that she was almost in tears! Although this place was a little bit more expensive than most, you get what you pay for, plus we had saved up for 25 years so we deserved to spoil ourselves at least once in our lifetime. I highly recommend the Hilton to any couples visiting Los Cabos, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We were on the beach side of the 5th floor and the view was to die for! Pictures are attached.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Congratulations on your anniversary! We feel very special to have had the opportunity to make this landmark occasion special. We are happy to know that you and your wife enjoyed the decorating, and again apologize for not having the room ready (we like to stay detailed to make sure that it is extra-special for the couples). We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the beach and the food, in addition to the service you received with us. Thank you for sharing this special anniversary with us, and we look forward to seeing you both again.
Creve Coeur, MO, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The staff at this property are all first class. Miguel the driver of the hotel car is the first to greet you at the airport. The bellmen are first class and not in your face. Victor and Jorge and the staff at the Meson are quality. After staying here numerous times in the last couple years the staff have come to recognize my wife and I and we are treated like long term friends. The former Maitre D' at Meson has been promoted to Banquet Manager, well deserved, but he made a point of contacting us and visiting.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Des Moines
Reviewed 11 August 2014

One of the few hotels with a beach on it. Service and customer service was amazing. Endless pool was amazing at night. Food was amazing. We bought the excursions from the business on the beach extremely nice guys. I recommend Louis on the beach very honest and not pushy. Really no complains at all.

Room Tip: Get a Cab from Airport not a car rental. We used the bus system to move around, Informed not to use...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving us a review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation at Hilton Los Cabos. We also enjoy the infinity pool and the food. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#14 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#8 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!