“Perfect for a quick getaway!”

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Amarillo, Texas, United States
“Perfect for a quick getaway!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My husband has been raving about this place for several years. He has stayed here quite a few times. This was my first time to go with him. We went for a long weekend just the two of us! Our plans were minimal, and I couldn't have picked a better place.

There are plenty of lounge chairs pool side, several facing out to the beach with the pool just behind you, and more chairs on the beach. There are two beautiful pools, both have a swim up bar with food options.

We are hoping to go back during whale season, I've heard it is truly amazing!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Betsey T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Hilton Los Cabos was a dream. The immaculate grounds, friendly staff, beautiful beach and exquisite cuisine easily earns five stars. Every staff member greeted us with "Hola" and we felt like royalty as we checked into the resort and were offered welcome margaritas and a beautiful honeymoon message on our bed.

The location of the resort is perfect for a honeymoon because it's very relaxing and serene. We went to Cabo San Lucas and San Jose during our trip and Cabo San Lucas seemed more of a party scene for college students. So glad we chose to stay on the corridor for that romantic ambiance.

The food was AMAZING! We had a romantic dinner on the beach from Fenicia restaurant and our lobster was made to perfection. La Barca sushi is the best sushi I've ever had, and I'm going to miss waking up to those fresh omelets and celery, cactus, pineapple and orange juice blend in the morning at El Meson.

During our stay, some of the staff remembered our names and greeted us as such, or greeted us as "honeymooners". It was a nice touch to show we weren't just a number. We stayed for six nights and spent about $1000 on food (and ate like kings- room service and all) which was a deal compared to comparable all-inclusive resorts in the area. We loved Hilton Los Cabos and will definitely come back.

The two pieces of advice I would give to Hilton Los Cabos is to please replenish the bathrooms with washcloths. We always had to call guest services to bring up washcloths because they were always taken by housekeeping and not replenished. Also, number the pool beds… on the actual bed. We reserved what we thought was pool bed #2 according to the map and even had an employee confirm that the bed we wanted was #2, but the day of our reservation we learned that the pool bed we reserved was not the one we wanted. Luckily, the one we wanted wasn’t reserved so they were able to make an easy switch, but had it been reserved we would not have been happy. Put number tags on each pool bed to correspond with the map so guests and employees are certain they are reserving the correct pool bed of their choice. Other than these small suggestions, our trip was AWESOME!

Thank you for making our honeymoon perfect!!

Room Tip: We had a deluxe partial ocean view room which had a FABULOUS view of the shore. I don't think u...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley W
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Congratulations on your honeymoon! We always enjoy making the stay at Hilton Los Cabos enjoyable for everyone, and especially for couples looking to celebrate their special day. We strive to provide the utmost quality in our food and amenities. Thank you for bringing up constructive criticisms as well, we appreciate feedback from our guests on overall experience.
Napa Valley, California
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We are going home today after 8 night at this Hilton.
It is perfect!
Our daily agenda:
Swim in Hilton's serene cove at sunrise,
Leisurely FABULOUS Hilton buffet breakfast/brunch,
Snorkel at Chilleno Beach,
Relax in Hilton's infinity pools and siesta poolside,
Early dinners in San Jose del Cabo -- and exploring/shopping,
Evenings in Hilton's pools again,
Sleep serenely in wonderful Hilton beds.

This Hilton is gorgeous!!! And the service is perfect. Incredible.
It is a bargain!!!

2 Thank Celle
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you are planning on leaving the hotel for food, don't. We ate 4 nights at the hotel. The food is great and not outrageously expensive. The pool bars have tasty sushi and very good pizza. El Meson restaurant has wonderful Mexican food, far from the normal.

Everyone really cares about weather or not you are enjoying your vacation. This is the nicest resort I ever have stayed. The two pools are huge and beautiful .

Room Tip: All rooms face the pools and have fabulous views.
1 Thank Scotty5050
Thank you for taking the time to review! We are happy that you enjoyed dining at the hotel. We strive to create excellent meals at each of our convenient on-site restaurants. We also make sure that our guests are enjoying themselves, and we appreciate that you noticed the attentiveness of the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Los Cabos.
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The Hilton los Cabos is one of the few here that have not given into the all inclusive push. Thus the quality remains high and in reality you never have to leave the property to have a great vacation. We come 2x per year, about 20 days. Julio is a pool side supervisor (recently promoted) that is the king of customer service. His bar and restraunt rock, from salads to pizza to sushi. The pool is so incredible that most days we dont even walk down to the beach. Instead we enjoy the beach and ocean views from our spot, poolside.
Scott and Wendy

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott L
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went to Cabo this past May for our 24th Anniversary. It was our first time in Cabo, but it will not be our last! The Hilton Resort is amazing; the property, the staff, the restaurants, and the accommodations, are superb in every way. We were greeted with complimentary margaritas while our room was readied and our luggage taken care of by the first of many outstanding staff members. Our ocean front room was beautifully decorated, and had the best view I could have imagined. There were heart balloons, towel swans, and the words HAPPY ANNIVERSARY spelled out with beans on our bed. There was a cheese and fruit plate, a bottle of wine, and an anniversary card on the table. We were overwhelmed. The rest of our days there were filled with dips in the gorgeous infinity pool, lounging by the pool or on the beach below, and incredible meals at all of the restaurants. We can't wait to go back to Cabo and stay at the Hilton of course!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michwalla
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! We are happy to have had the opportunity to celebrate with you, and we fully enjoy taking extra steps to decorate rooms for special occasions such as these. We are happy to hear that you appreciated the bonus Anniversary amenities, and that you loved the view from your accommodations. We cannot wait to welcome you back to the hotel on your return visit, and congratulations again on your anniversary!
los angeles
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have just returned from a mini-vacay with my 21 year-old son at the beautiful Hilton Resort. Having been swayed by all the wonderful trip-advisor ratings, he had insisted I book us into the Hilton Resort instead of the Fiesta Americana where I had spent a few nights just this past March with my husband and been very happy...for less money, since it is all inclusive!
To make him happy, I decided to give the Hilton a try and see how it measured up.
here are my findings: the rooms at the Hilton are definitely nicer...bigger and nicer furnished...the bathroom with a big jacuzzi tub, two sinks and a huge shower....however, the view we received was very disappointingly of the Melia Resort next door ...and the "partial ocean view" I had booked was so partial as to be non existent. I did complain...but it did me no good. I had pre- requested a high floor, but received the 3rd floor (one floor below lobby level).
I found the grounds to be beautiful...but, to be fair...the Americana was just as beautiful and in all honesty I liked their pool better!

Here, the main pool was always loud and full...(although, in all fairness, that could be due to the season) we had had to get our lounge chairs at the "quiet pool" which was a bit of a walk and was never quiet, but at least had some available chairs.
The first day...which was extremely hot and humid...we found the pool water to be like bathwater and not cooling at all! we complained, and I have to say the next four days the pool water was cooler! was it just a coincidence or did they actually listen and adjust the water ? I honestly don't know but was happy, regardless.

Here comes the reason they can get away with charging people extra for food and alcohol: the Beach!!! Phenomenal!! My son and I spent literally all day every day in the ocean, which was amazing! the beach here is a completely different experience than over at the Fiesta...where you have to brave a very rocky and small area to even gain access to the water at all!
If you love the ocean and it is true that this is the only swimmable hotel beach then by all means spend some more and come here...it really is worth it!

Otherwise, I must say i found their food and drinks overpriced and not at all remarkable. At night there is literally NOTHING to do here and only 2 restaurants to choose from...over at the Fiesta there is a firepit with live entertainment nightly and more restaurant options. The service is mostly good in both hotels equally...some employees going above and beyond to make sure your stay is wonderful...others really only looking for a tip and otherwise ignoring you....which I found to be true in both hotels.

Overall, my son and I enjoyed our stay...although I do need to add that both of us caught a pretty severe stomach bug on our last day (I was so sick i almost ended up being taken off our plane since I was passing out) which lasted 3 days. We both never left the hotel grounds and only ate and drank the food and drinks they provided. Of course....we could have caught something in the ocean or the pool and not necessarily from their food or beverages...who really knows!?
I love Cabo and it is only a short trip from Los Angeles...so, I'm sure we will return! Wether to the Hilton again or back to the Fiesta...or even to try yet another Hotel remains yet to be seen...but, in all honesty i think 4 stars is a fair rating for this Hotel.

Room Tip: pay more for a high floor and don't take "partial view" as it is more of a "nonex...
1 Thank clarissa n
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#14 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#8 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!