“Very good ”

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“Very good ”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Great rooms with fantastic views. Great pool and service. Breakfast is a little expensive but worth it. It is almost in the middle from San Jose del Cabo and San Lucas, so easy to go to both cities. Tip: rent a car , much cheaper than taxi and it is easy to drive and visit places.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lamesquita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (886)
Woodland Hills, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We investigated for a long time trying to decide where to stay in Cabo. Due to some friends and the reviews here we chose the Hilton Los Cabos.
Ill list some issues we had during our stay, here first and then I will post a letter that was sent to their management twice 10 days apart THAT REMAINS UNANSWERED.
1)nobody on the other end of the phone could tell us what golf courses we could play with the package we booked.
We booked a Jr suite, why would a hotel put a Jr suite next to a storage room where every morning at 8AM workers would be rolling carts on uneven spanish tile floors waking occupants up?
My father always told me "the fish stinks from the head" So I guess its no wonder that we emailed the manager on two different occasions 10 days apart with no answer. So I guess I should not be surprised that Christian the front desk manager promised us things and never followed through. Or that when we complained upon leaving and were told he would reach out to us, that never happened either.
I THINK THESE PEOPLE NEED TO RE-LEARN THE HOSPITALITY BUSINESS.

Letter sent on two different, NEVER ANSWERED:

First let me give you a little background we are Hilton honors members with a gold status we really didn’t want to go to Cabo, but we had a wedding to attend.

So we figured we’d make the best of it as we started researching where to stay in Cabo, we looked at Palmilla, we looked at Las Ventanas and a few others.

After consulting with some friends we settled on the Hilton Los Cabos.

Figuring it might get busy and knowing that it was going to be hot my wife quickly called the hotel to inquire at what golf courses we could play at, since we had booked using the “all about dad promotion”.

Nobody could tell us. She was told she was speaking with the golf concierge but he had very little information. It took numerous calls to be able to figure out where we could play, that would be included in our “all about dad” package, so we could make a reservation. Most of the people we spoke to knew nothing about that promotion.

This was a little disconcerting.

We arrived at your hotel on 9 July 2014 about 4 p.m.

As soon as we were shown to our room we were not very happy with its location.

There was a lot of noise coming up from the bar, where they were watching the World Cup.

In addition we were very close to the elevator and right next to a maintenance room.

This was unsatisfactory.

I went downstairs to the front desk and asked for a manager, Christian came out and I informed him that the room was not satisfactory.

He was pretty callous about the whole situation. He said there was nothing he could do they had no other junior suites.

I asked if I could upgrade I would pay, he said no there was nothing.
I then stated “that this was no way to treat a Hilton Honors Gold member”. He then informed me that on the next day which was Thursday, July 10, 2014 he would be able to show me a couple other suites to see which one would be more satisfactory to us.
And that was the last time we ever spoke to Christian or anybody else concerning that matter.

So every morning between 7 AM and 8 AM my wife and I were woken up to the sounds of somebody rolling some sort of carts on the uneven tile floors past our door. Needless to say if you’re on vacation you don’t want to be woken up early, especially by something out of your control.

When I went to check out on Saturday, July 12 I asked to see a manager, I waited

I never did see a manager I saw desk clerk I told her my issue and she informed me that Christian was her boss I said that’s why I asked to speak to a manager, someone who was Christians boss. But this never happened.

She informed me that she would take this up with Christian and he would reach out to us through the email address that was on file, she read the address to me and it is correct.

Almost 3 weeks later and I still have not heard anything from Christian. So what I get from that is as a guest of the hotel as a Hilton honors Gold member Christian doesn’t care whether I have a good time or a bad time at your hotel.

It turns out that my wife and I really enjoyed being in Cabo. We had some great meals one being in your hotel at the Fenicia, where we were also turned on to some really good Mexican wine.

As well as enjoying our round of golf and the spa facilities at the hotel. We are thinking it might be fun to go back to Los Cabos towards the end of the year when the temperatures are little milder.

At this point I don’t think I’m comfortable booking another stay at the Hilton Los Cabos Beach and golf resort.

Vacations are supposed to be relaxing, and we look to be treated hospitably, unfortunately the management of the Hilton Los Cabos, at least, that which we came in to contact with, does not seem to believe in this hospitality.

And that is a shame.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Ira G
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We did receive your original letter. Our General Manager, Tim Booth, responded both on July 30 and August 6. The director of our Front Office has also reached out to respond to these letters and concerns, as well. We apologize that our replies have not been making it to you. If possible, would you be willing to reach us by writing to enjoy.loscabos@hilton.com so that we can confirm the contact information? We want to be sure the response letter gets to the right place. We understand your concerns and are taking this very seriously. Thank you again for alerting us to these issues.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had our 25th wedding anniversary here! Had an absolutely wonderful stay at this Hilton!! Great rooms great staff and great location!! Valet concierge and front desk were very helpful!!wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed August 2014
Columbia, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Hilton of Los Cabos Mexico is a must stay as the suites overlooking the ocean and infinity pool and swim up bars are breathe taking. The on-site restaurants offer a variety of wonderful seafood including fresh tuna, sea bass, to more traditional fare. The sushi is not to be missed nor the margaritas made with the aged Clause Azul tequila. Don't miss seeing Fernando each evening in the lobby bar who will make you great drinks and entertain you. Take your coffeemaker with you as you don't have one even in a suite. Hopefully Hilton will make this much needed change soon. Overall, the best hotel and view in Los Cabos Mexico.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Thomas H
Tim B, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel and our on-site restaurants during your stay. We are also glad that you enjoyed the excellent service you received at the lobby bar. Thank you again for your review.
New England
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I just got back after staying here for the week. One night I left my sandals and phone on the beach while hanging out with friends. It was pitch black and when I went back to find them I have up since it was late and I didn't see them in the dark. Yen next morning I checked with concierge and they had a worker sit with my belongings for an hour after they found them on the beach dune. I couldn't believe it.... If I did that at any other beach they would have been stolen.

Btw the place is amazing, waves were big but there was a bit of a riptide to say the least. Pool was awesome, food above par and a cool huge hot tub that didn't have any kids in it (always annoys me when they are filled with 10 year olds).

Go.. Live life

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank RudyisRetired
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Hilton for the 3rd time in the past 4 summers. The resort is on the "Corridor" between San Jose and Cabo - we find it much more relaxing and quiet than being at a resort in town. This time we brought our family - had 3 rooms. It is a great resort for a romantic getaway, but its also a great place to reconnect with the family - sitting by (and in) the pool talking, swimming/snorkeling at the beach, relaxing family dinners, a snorkeling trip out of Cabo's marina . . . As usual, the staff were all friendly. The general manager and front desk manager both made sure we had great accommodations, and even threw in a birthday surprise for my wife. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: We like the ocean front rooms the best - the rooms open out to the ocean (Sea of Cortez) - all you s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jimnirina
Thank you for the review and thank you for your loyalty to our Hilton resort! We love creating a welcoming atmosphere for families to relax and enjoy their vacations. We are pleased to know that your wife appreciated her birthday surprise at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We used this hotel for our Annual Meeting. Everything from the beginning to end went very well. Beautiful rooms - I never wanted to leave my room I loved it so much. They had great service and very nice staff who bent over backwards to be helpful with anything or any requests. I would definitely stay at the Hilton in Cabo on my next trip for pleasure. The grounds were lovely too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Joanna V
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#13 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Cabo Azul Resort
#7 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,659 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,074 reviews
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!