Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$106
Hotels.com
Hotel El Ganzo(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$287
US$304
US$222
  • Beachfront
Cabo Surf Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$461
US$343
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$224
  • Pool
Tropicana Inn(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$122
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$449
US$362
  • Breakfast included
Marisol Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$70
Hyatt Place Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$97
Priceline
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$208
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
3,183 results
All reviewssky barclub premiumla gondolalos cabossushi restaurantinfinity poolmichael jackson showspecialty restaurantssan josesnack bardinner buffetocean frontall inclusive resortrecommend this resortmexican fiestafire pitguest services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have to say that I really enjoyed my stay at Barceló! The price is reasonable and the accommodations were more than enough. We stayed in an ocean view suite and there was plenty of room for my wife and I. The food and entertainment was good and the staff extremely friendly. I suggest bringing a handful of dollar bills to tip with. The gesture goes a long way in Mexico. I plan on returning this fall with large group of family!

Room Tip: Stop by the bank before you leave to the airport and bring some singles with you. I tipped a dollar for drinks and services and the staff went beyond the call of duty. I am sure their hospitality would have been good without the incentive but I feel like it went a long way.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Meredith L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Henry G,

Thank you for choosing Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos for your las get away in Mexico.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the food, your room and everything on your last stay at our hotel. We work very hard to provide the best service to our guest, who deserve the best.

We hope to have the honor to welcome you again in the near feature.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had my wedding here in April 2014. I contacted Cynthia in events last summer. Her prompt and genuine responses, helped me make the decision to choose Barcelo as my wedding location. My parents visited the resort soon after I contacted Cynthia to check out the resort. They loved it! We started planning the wedding as soon as they returned from their trip. During the planning, the resort changed ownership from the previous owners, to Barcelo. This concerned me, but it was a smooth transition. Fast forward to April… our stay was wonderful. Our rooms were great, and all of our guests were very please with their views and cleanliness of the rooms. Each person wears a colored wristband, and we were upgraded to the VIP wristbands, which is totally worth it if you have the option to upgrade. There is a premium lounge to use with this that always has fruit, veggies, cold cuts, hot food (like skewers), a full premium bar, large tv and couches to sit on, and free computers with internet to use. This lounge came in very handy for my 15 month old to go and snack at all hours of the day. Jose Luis was the resort manager (I think), he seemed to always be walking the grounds, greeting people, and addressing any concerns. Francisco in pool activities and events and his team were very entertaining and friendly. The kids room is FREE, not the best one my 8 year old has ever been to, but the girls there are so sweet, they do arts and crafts with the kids, put on movies or wii games, and Barcelo may be improving this room since they were making changes to areas of the resort while we were there. The Sky Bar was really neat, no kids allowed up there. The sushi bar which was one floor below the sky bar was probably the biggest disappointment to the resort. I know it is new (it was not there when my parents visited last summer), so with time Im sure it will catch up with the rest of the resort. The sashimi was great, but everything else was not, and the service was incredibly slow. The mexican and italian restaurants are wonderful and service is 5 star. The resort had nightly entertainment which was awesome! It was a lot of fun for the adults and kids in our group. There was dancing, music, and a trivia night. I never felt the need to leave the resort, I took a walk on the beach, and went back to the resort after 10 minutes. It was convenient that there was a large store just up the block from the resort, some guests from my group went. They compared it to a Target or Wal-mart. My wedding day was wonderful. Cynthia had listened to my every concern, and I could see her above and beyond effort with my wedding details. If you have your wedding here, you'll be pleased, and get the mariachis, they were amazing! I had a couple of things done at the spa. I live in southern california, and we are overcrowded with day spas, this one at Barcelo was so beautiful and relaxing, I was really impressed. One negative about the pool & spas, the jacuzzis were not hot enough. I assume it is a safety issue with the abundance of alcohol being served. My husband and I did a zipline tour. It was $100 per person, but so much fun. They picked us up from the hotel, in a nice shuttle, and it was the location only 5-10 minutes away. The guys at the zipline place were really funny, and Im so glad we did it. We also went into Cabo San Lucas, about 20-30 minutes away, it was dirty and we just wanted to go back to Barcelo. I recommend 5 nights as a good stay to relax and play. My brother is getting married this summer, and my parents are sending him and his wife to Barcelo for their honeymoon, and my parents are also visiting again this summer. Obviously, our family has very much enjoyed our stays.

Room Tip: Get the VIP wristband if you have the option to upgrade. All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Taradakdull

Dear Taradakdu,

Congratulations for your recent wedding, we feel honored to know we were part of this big moment of your life. Thank you for choosing Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos.

We are pleased to hear your wedding was just as you planned it. As you said Cynthia loves to make the bride´s dreams comes true and we do have a great team that supports her. Please rest assured that we will share your comments especially with the people you took the time to mention.

We are glad to know your brother is coming for his honeymoon, please do not to hesitate to contact me if you need anything for his stay, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

We hope to see you soon at Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos, we will be ready to pamper you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our second trip to the San Jose side of Cabo and we just love the quiet relaxed atmosphere. I chose the Barceló originally because of a Groupon but then decided to book directly through the hotel so we could get an upgrade to an ocean front room which gave up premium status at the hotel. Overall, we liked the hotel, the grounds were nice and well maintained. It's not a huge hotel so you don't have to walk for a mile to get to your room. One of the BEST things about the Barceló is that there wasn't timeshare people hounding you to attend a presentation, I loved that. We normally get a condo in Cabo, we have found that you can eat pretty cheaply if you find the right places and go to the grocery store. The Barceló is all-inclusive and it was ok but the majority of the time we ate at the buffet and I am not a fan of buffets. This is not to say that the food wasn't good. The variety was good and I was able to find food I wanted but I prefer a restaurant. There are only 3 restaurants on the property but they are not all open every day and they are not open for lunch or breakfast. We had dinner the first night at the Mexican restaurant and it was just ok. I didn't make a reservation and I figured it was fine since there were many empty tables but the hostess made me feel like she was being "put out" by us not having a reservation. Two nights later I tried to make a reservation at the Italian Restaurant since it was supposed to be open but I was told they were having a problem and only the Mexican restaurant would be open. We never tried again and I never even asked about the sushi restaurant. Another nice feature if you upgrade your room is the Premium club. There is a special check in area behind the lobby bar than can only be accessed using your room key if you have the upgraded room. Check in was not easy for us because for some reason my credit card was declined for no reason. I called my credit card company and there were no issues on their end at all so there was a computer glitch within the Barceló. The staff was nice about it and we got our room keys. The credit card issue was resolved a couple of days later. This Premium club room is pretty nice and as a member you can visit any time during the day. There is a bar with premium liquor, beer, water and soda. There are appetizers that you can help yourself and a nice TV with couches. The room is air conditioned and there are two computers that you can use if you want to check your email in the nice cool air. The Premium status gives you other perks like no charge for the internet which we utilized, although the connection at times was slow. There are some things that I would like to suggest to the Barceló to make their hotel nicer:
1. Replace the mattresses! Sleeping was very uncomfortable as you can feel the springs on your back. We could not get a good night sleep and our backs hurt the entire time we were there.
2. Do something about the tile in the shower because it looks like mold. My husband said it was just holes in the tile but it looks like mold and it's disgusting. When I took a shower I couldn't even look down at the tile.
3. The tiles and edge of the infinity pool need fixing; there are chipped broken tiles and some of the plaster is chipping off.
4. All of the outdoor bathrooms smell bad. They are all clean but the smell is very potent and there should be some kind of air freshener that can be used.
5. Make sure all of the gym equipment is in working order. The gym is nice but the stair climber and one of the elliptical machines didn't work.
6. The fireworks are nice but do you have to do the fireworks at 11 pm? That is very late and the first night they went off I was just getting to sleep and it scared the crap out of me.
7. Make it clear that the $550 is not hotel credit. What you get are coupons to use for specific services. We only used $20 to book a tour, the rest was a waste. Groupon advertised it as hotel credit and then a few days later changed the wording.
We had a very nice vacation and I would stay here again if there are improvements made. I love San Jose del Cabo and will go back.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for the ocean front with the Premium Club. The hotel offers a senior discount if you are 55 which we gladly took advantage of. We were on the 5th floor with a pool and ocean view and large balcony. Make the reservation directly with the hotel online and you can chose the room that you want and get good description.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear FDeane60,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us a review following your last stay at Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos.

We are glad to hear you choose us for this second time at Cabo and to read you really enjoyed your days at our resort. We are delighted to know you liked our Premium Services.

Please rest assured that all your suggestions will be addressed and for sure we are going to work very hard to improve our services, we are confident we could show you a lot of improvements when you come back to Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos, you always will be more than welcome.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

First of all we were not aware that this was not the hotel we thought we had booked. This hotel had changed from Hola Faro to Barcelo Faro but unknown to us we thought it was the same hotel previously known as Barcelo Palace Deluxe, which had changed to Hyatt Zita.
When we arrived we were told to join a line to register, when we got to the front of the line we were informed that this line was for a wedding party. Therefore we were not provided with all the information about the hotel.
On arriving in our room we were disappointed to see two double beds instead of a king bed. Then the air-conditioning wasn't working, the safe wouldn't work and the balcony door wouldn't open.
We went to the front desk to see if we could change our room but were told there were no rooms available with a king sized bed, even if we had booked a year ahead we would not have been guaranteed such. Then we were told the safe and air-conditioning had not been programed yet but should be working when we returned to our room. They would see if someone coould fix the balcony door.
We returned to the room, still no air-conditioning nor a working safe. After two more calls regarding the safe and being told different instructions on how to operate it they decided to send someone as it must be broken. We have been to many hotels with similar safes and know how to use one.
Eventually someone came to open and fix the balcony door, although it would open we were told it would have to be replaced next day as it was broken!
On going out to the balcony we had to lean over to see the ocean, even although we had paid for an upgrade for an ocean view room. Finally they came to fix the air-conditioning.
When we went back to the front desk to issue concerns about the time we had spent checking in and trying to get things fixed in the room and requesting another room, we were told to come back the next day and they would see what they could do as the hotel w as full. They did give us six free days of Internet as compensation, we were booked there for 14 days.
After our ordeal the air-conditioning was so noisy we couldn't sleep so had to turn it off and suffer the heat.
Next day we went to see about a change of room and were told one would be available but we couldn't see it or know where itbwould be at this time. It took almost the whole day to sort out a room, involving our Air Canada rep as well. By 5 pm they told us they had a room for us with a king bed. We told them we had also booked an upgrade with an ocean view and had met someone from Los Cabos who worked as a translator who offered to negotiate on our behalf.
Finally they agreed to show us the room that was supposedly an upgrade. That room faced the pool but due to large trees there was no sign of the ocean. Thayer had another room but that was more of an upgrade and wasn't made up yet that we could look at and decide if we wanted that room. That room was what we thought we were supposed to have booked so moved there but had to request robes and slippers as was stated in the brochure and web site, we were told that was only for premier guests!
It was a nightmare of a vacation. We booked twice for the A la carte restaurants, even although we were allowed more bookings it was difficult to get a reservation! Both time we went the restaurant had a large group and the noise was so loud it was impossible to enjoy a quiet intimate dinner. There were few other guests in the restruant either time.
It looked like the hotel was going through a phase of restructuring and not everything was open, like shops in the lobby, the one shop that was open didn't have much of interest.
For the hotel to be advertised as a 4* hotel seems ludicrous, the room amenities were sparse, not even enough for two people. The food was average and nothing spectacular. The staff in the restaurants and around the pool area were friendly and helpful but all in all it was not what we e expected or paid for so largely disappointing.

Room Tip: Make sure you are clear about ocean view, not somewhere that you only see it leaning over the balcony. The main building above the lobby or the ocean front rooms are better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dorothy25443

Dear Dorothy 25,

We appreciate you took the time to share with us such a complete review following your last stay at Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos.

We are sorry to hear we could not exceed your expectations we always do our best to provide the best service to our guest. We do have a maintenence team that take cares of every detail of the rooms and fix the details they have to. We are working very hard on every area of the hotel.

We hope you give us the opportunity to change this poor impression and welcome you again in the near feature.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

It is a good hotel, in a good area. It has been stayed in and could use just a few upgrades or fixes especially in the gym/fitness centre. Everything else was ok. It was quieter when I was there so most kept to themselves so perhaps if packed there may have been more interaction with other guests, who knows. I would stay here again. The food was good and the property itself was really nice. Loved the sky bar and sports lounge witth the pool tables. Lovely entertainment area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 72PamelaD
Meredith L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear 72PamelaD,

We appreciate you took the time to share with us your comments following your last stay at Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos.

We are pleased to read you loved the Sky Bar absolutely one of the most beautiful locations we do have at our resort, we hope you enjoyed the amazing view of this place.

We hope to have the honor to welcome you again in the near feature.