My husband and I stayed at the old Barcelo 2 years ago to date, and loved every minute. That is the most positive offering I have for this "resort" now. We arrived on Sunday, June 22 with our 15 and 11 year old, and we're joined by our best friends a couple days later. Day 1: premium club is a joke- means nothing here. The food in the "premium club" room is a joke- old, hard, 2 star would be a lie. Gross. We were supposed to have unlimited ala carte restaurants at whichever one happened to be open each day. We were told there were no reservations available, and we're stuck with either the buffet, or the very limited room service menu, which takes a minimum of 90 minutes to be delivered. We didn't even have a menu in room, asked for one to be delivered, and still never received it. Had to take it out of the room our children were in. Inconsistencies everywhere, and an absurd lack of anyone caring about customer service. Monday, Day 2: after the buffet for breakfast, I got some sort of gastrointestinal sickness and am still dealing with it on Thursday morning as I write this. I spoke to another Mom who said her entire family of 4 has been dealing with the same, and has spoken to 3 other people who were as well. The gift shop is cleared out of pepto and all similar medicines- bad sign. For lunch the only options are again, the crummy, tiny premium club bites (which laughably and ridiculously you are not allowed to take your good or a glass out of this "convenience room for premium guests"), room service with a few options and extensive wait, or the fatty, AMPM/711 style nacho cheese buffet. Come dinner time, once again- no room available at the ala carte restaurants, despite trying to make a reservation at noon for dinner. The most ridiculous part is when I asked to avoid this issue for future nights, can I make a reservation for the next night NOW, I'm told no. You must make reservations the same day. Exceptionally poor customer service repeatedly, in every opportunity Barcelo is given. We leave tomorrow and I am sickened to say I can't wait to get home. I feel sick about the money we paid this place and these customer service virgins. Everything you ask for, you are made to feel as though you are meant to beg, or that the staff is doing you a huge favor for your inconvenience. Case and point, our table at the Italian ala carte restaurant we FINALLY got a reservation for last night, the first despite being promised "unlimited". We showed up promptly at our scheduled time, and the little girl with a misplaced sense of importance and snootiness said despite having the reservation for 6 people, they could only seat is as a group of 2 and 4 separately. I'd had it, and said, "no thanks, we'll take our reservation for 6 together now, gracias. ". She then waved her arm at the door and I took that as an invitation to enter the restaurant, where a gentleman sat us- at one of the clearly wide open available tables for 6 people. Ridiculous, insulting, and infuriating. She handed us our napkins and I said thank you for seating us. She said, "sorry about that, I didn't know if we had anything available". I said, would looking be too hard? No response, I didn't care, clearly. I'm not even going to site the numerous additional customer service failures, as I'm going to go the bathroom again and try to put on a happy face for my family. I will, however, go out of my way to post pictures and reviews of everywhere I know is relevant to help future travelers like my family and friends avoid this failure of a "resort" entirely. 2 stars is fair, 3 stars is a massive stretch. Pathetic. Lastly- please spare me the recycled, regurgitated, and hollow apology posted after every review. It's infuriating, insulting, and another terrific example of what garbage customer service you can expect from Barcelo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo