I was a little skeptical about this resort after buying a groupon and reading some of the bad reviews on here. Also because it was kind of a hassle trying to book the room and our requested accomodations with the resort directly. But as i had figured, the people mostly complaining were either a one off situation, or just snooty, uptight, people that complain about anything and everything. And my advice to them would be that if they expected a grand 5 star resort, then cough up the extra money and go somewhere else instead of bashing a resort that would make anyone happy!
Our stay at the Barcelo was absolutely wonderful. My boyfriend and I stayed during the 4th of July holiday weekend which we expected would be a busy time but were told it was only at about 50% capacity which made the whole trip all the better. The hotel grounds were kept clean, rooms were clean, mini fridge always stocked, and even at one point when they did not refill the water bottles in the frigde, they came back later in the day to provide them to us. Just goes to show they dont forget about their guests. The bellboy Jose was absolutely awesome and showed us to the premium lobby (which is a definite recommend to get the upgrade) and also took our luggage and showed us to our room. He always greeted us like if we were long time friends whenever we saw him. The poolside service was fine, but just like any bar, we waited at some points to give our drink orders. They mostly provided sugary-watered down drinks but im sure if you mention a double, they would happily oblige.
The pools were great temperature, though we only really got in the infinity pool as the others were filled with kids and my bf and I wanted a more peaceful setting. The ocean right in front of the resort is unswimmable and had the biggest waves i have ever seen! There was one morning where we had booked massages on the beach and someone apparenly went into the water and never came out. Onlookers were surrounding the beach and talking about a possibly dead person right as we were supposed to have our "relaxing" massages but luckily they had the decency to shut up and realize that 2 people were trying to get massages nearby. One minor negative i have regarding the spa and massages, was that they were an hour late from the time we had our appt.. They were nice enough to bring us out a drink as we were out on the beach waiting for them to set up and luckily we had nothing else planned that morning so we just relaxed some more on hammocks right in front of the beach so it was no biggy to us. The ladies that did the massgaes on my bf and I were very professional and we were very grateful afterwards! They also allowed us to use the spa for the steam/sauna rooms they had and a big jacuzzi tub which my bf absolutely loved for the remainder of our stay.
the only other minor negative i would have to say about our stay would be how we got jipped with the "ocean front" room we were supposed to have. we were in the far side of the resort in the main middle building so the left building of the resort blocked our main view of the ocean. we were able to see it from the sides but i feel we should have recieved a better view since we upgraded to have guaranteed ocean front. We didnt want to make a hassle of changing rooms especially since i read so many reviews about not having a king sized bed even after requesting it so we kept it and in the end it worked out because it was a little more private being in the corner like that. plus the resort grounds were beautiful enough to enjoy the view anywhere you stayed.
i would definitely recommend getting the upgrade to take advantage of the exclusive premium lobby. they always had yummy o'rdourves and fruits and a mini bar whree you can help youself with to any cocktail or beer they had. it is also air conditioned and had sofas and a tv to relax if you wanted to. you also get free wifi anywhere in the resort which we had no problems using at any point. and free room service also which we did take advantage of. the only thing was, it didnt seem like they communicated well between the persons taking the order and the persons delivering. because everytime we ordered the room service and asked for something specific, they wouldnt bring it or modified the request. So that is something the resort can work on.
We only got to try the sushi restaurant and the italian while we stayed there. And i would recommend the italian restaurant only. I read the reviews about the sushi not being that great but being sushi lovers and wanting to see the beautiful view from the restaurant, we decided to try it anyway and sure enough, it was so bland and tasteless that we ended up getting cheeseburgers from the room service afterwards! The italian restaurant was very nice, felt like i was in a real fancy schmancy place. the food was spectacular and i just wish we could have enjoyed more time to try different plates. We had a wonderful time at the Barcelo resort and would recommend it to anyone. all in all, the resort was beautiful and staff was very accomodating and courteous. Thank you Barcelo for an amazing stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo