We used to stay at the original Barceló which is now a Hyatt.
This hotel is a little smaller and less options for restaurants but still delivers the same excellent service, great food and relaxing atmosphere.
Great value considering how cheap it is, but doesn't have any cheap feel.
If you are looking for a cheap getaway without staying in a dive, this is worth it.
Positives: Upgrade to the Premium and upgrade to a Ocean View Room. Room 2339?
Great Buffet's. Always cooking something fresh. Amazing fresh fish and seafood.
Sushi is the same as Edo.... Italian has amazing mussels and scallops, best waiter Jairo. Mexican is Mexican..
Hornitos tequila is a must. shaken over ice.
Premium Lounge. They have 2 ladies in there that are amazing. Katherine and Maria. Both friendly and beautiful. We had one horrible guy named Arturo. He was very rude to my wife upon checking in. He couldn't find our reservation and thought we weren't supposed to be in the Premium Lounge.
Spa is amazing service and great price. $120 gets you a serious massage.
Buffet at the pool all day
Negatives: Beds are too firm. I woke up with a sore back every night. WiFi- is free with Premium, expensive if not. Some bad spots in the hotel but generally great. Main pool would get pretty nasty after all the sunscreen and alcohol from the swim up bar. But 80% of the time great.
TV's are outdated. aren't interactive and connected like the old Barceló/new Hyatt.
All in all, the negatives are easy to live with for the cheap price.
If you have the money, go to Hyatt or Zoetry or Melia.
If you are on a tighter budget but still like a relaxing resort with above average food.
The new Barceló is a steal of a deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo