Barceló is always a great place to stay and this resort was great, as well. The grounds are lovely and well-maintained. The pools are fabulous! The food was good. The room was clean and the a/c in the room was great!
All of the rooms are ocean-view rooms. We could see the surf, sand, and all the pools from our second-floor balcony. Our balcony faced east which I loved!
The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Communication was not a problem.
Shade shelters and palm trees provide shade on the beach. Umbrellas and palm trees provide shade around the pools. Get there early to claim your spot in the shade!
We were so disappointed that we could not swim in the sea. All the reading I had done on the Sea of Cortez and I never realized how violent the surf is. The red flags are out all the time. The surf coming in can knock you down and the surf going back out can also knock you down.
The beach venders are relentless. Apparently, they are required to stay on the public side of the beach on not come onto the resort property (marked with black flags) unless invited, but they will peddle their wares up close to the shade areas if they can get away with it.
We only got in the Infinity Pool. It is a salt water pool that overlooks the sea, so you get the saltwater feel and the surf sound. It was great.
The other pools on the resort were crystal clear.
The bed was hard - very hard. I first thought that it was a box spring without a mattress, but looking further, it was a mattress. It compared to sleeping on the tile floor. But, at the end of each day, we were always so tired from activities or hanging out on the beach, that we slept like rocks.
The sheets on the bed are wonky. Some days the mattress cover pad was exposed at my feet and other days it wasn't.
The shower is a rain shower head. So nice! The spray from this shower is so gentle on sunburned skin.
Buffets, restaurants, and bars:
Bottled water is available everywhere on the resort.
The buffets have themed cuisines that change each day. Breakfast and dinner buffets are in the Albatross and lunch buffet is in the Las Olas by the beach. The selection of food was always exceptional and everything was tasty.
The bar drinks were always well-made whether they were alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Most alcohol drinks can be made without alcohol. =)
While you're there, be sure to go up in the Sky Bar. It's open 18:00 to midnight. The view is fabulous while the sun is up and just after sunset! The view could be fabulous at night if the lights were not so bright at the windows. The bartender serves up the best drinks there!
The lobby bar is a nice place to relax and shoot some billiards.
Entertainment - We were only able to catch one evening show at the theater. It was the 70's show. The dancers were awesome and entertaining!
We enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos***** is a resort situated on the shores of the spectacular beach on the Sea of Cortés. It is a hotel for enjoying the peace and quiet of Los Cabos, the relaxing atmosphere of San José and the gentle whisper of the sea. The hotel boasts 350 luxurious rooms and suites distributed over 3 buildings: Luna, Estrella and Torre Sol. All the rooms have a private balcony with views over the Sea of Cortés and are equipped with a number of first class details to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion. The most discerning guests can enjoy the Barceló All Inclusive programme on offer at the resort. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is well-known as one of the best All Inclusive hotels in the area thanks to the quality and added value it offers its guests. There are 5 restaurants and 3 bars in the hotel offering a wide-range of gastronomy, including an extraordinary selection of international, Mexican and Italian cuisine. Its on site convention and meeting centre boasts 2,620 m2 of space to accommodate all types of events. Plan your corporate meetings, conventions or weddings in the best facilities on offer in Los Cabos. And not forgetting the youngest members of the family, who can have fun in the hotel's water park or in La Tortuga, the children's club. The Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos hotel is the perfect choice for enjoying your trip. If you are travelling for business, or spending a holiday with your partner or family, don't hesitate in visiting us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Priceline, Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hola Grand Faro Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Crown Plaza Los Cabos
- Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo