El Delfin Blanco
El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$106
Very Good 4/5
Hotel El Ganzo(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$287
US$304
US$222
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
Cabo Surf Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$461
US$343
Great 4.5/5
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$224
  • Pool
Tropicana Inn(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$122
Very Good 4/5
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$449
US$362
  • Breakfast included
Marisol Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$70
Great 4.5/5
Hyatt Place Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$97
Priceline
Great 4.5/5
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$208
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoutdoor kitchenswedish pancakesdrunken sailorhomemade mangosan josepeaceful retreatshort walkcar rentalwatch the sunriseclose to the airportcabo areainclusive resortsswimmable beachtacososacasitaflore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My wife and I have established a tradition of escaping the Alaskan winter to enjoy a week in early December with Osa and her fantastic little ( emphasize the small) piece of total relaxation. If you are looking for a place from where you can walk to great but simple meals in a real Mexican Village and meet real people this is for you. We often prepare our own fish at the outdoor kitchen.The real advanage is that while you feel out in the country, you are only 20 minutes from the airport. If fishing is your passion, 3 minutes to the harbor is a plus. Last year I was always teasing Flora, the do everything lady, about the coconuts at the top of the palm. While she refused to climb the tree last year this year she had a coconut waiting for me. That kind of friendship is not going to be found at mega resort and is just typicial of the many kindnesses found here. Hope to see you here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bruce E
Reviewed 4 November 2013

El Delfin Blanco felt like a home away from home. It is not to be missed. Away from the hideous resort hotels, El Delfin sits in the authentic town of La Playita. Access to everything is easy from El Delfin. My wife and I honey mooned in Baja Sur. We Surfed Zippers (about 10 minute drive) ate at the Drunken Sailor (several blocks from El Delfin) as well as Flora's Farm (5 minutes by car - a delicious farm to table restaurant), and enjoyed beach access which was only a block away. It is only an hour tops to Cerritos beach and Todos Santos and Thirty minutes to the Airport. I can't express enough how great the access to everything is without compromising an authentic Baja Sur cultural experience. On top of this, Osa is an amazing person and host. She and Flor put so much thought and care into the property as well as the guest experience. We stayed for three nights and then went north to surf. We had to return to fly out and decided to spend our last night with Osa and Flor. We hope to continue to return many times in the future. The bungalow slept like a dream and was most comfortable, the grounds were zen like and peaceful, and between Osa, Flor, and the guard cat, we were in great company and good hands. We are grateful to have made these new friends and to have found a place to soon return and share Swedish pancakes, coffee, and conversation. Much love Osa y Flor!

Room Tip: We really loved our center bungalow! Two beds and spacious, with a perfect evening breeze.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We are a family with 2 children, 4 and 6 years old. we stayed at delfin blanco few days ago in last september for 10 days in the resort.
It is a small, quiet resort, located in Puerto Los cabos village, few minuts walking of the sea of cortez.
The resort is green and clean, gives you homey feeling.
The place is perfect for children as the Casitas are surrounded with a tropical garden and they can hang around Freely.
We cooked our meals and ate in the outdoor kitchen, very comfortable and pastoral feeling.
Osa - is the owner, warm and helpful woman, even after twenty something years patient enough to answer all our question and help in everything we needed.
The nearest beach is about few minutes walking, mostly visited by local families.
There is local bus going to the nearest town- San José del cabol, which stopes often next to the resort.
If you are looking for quiet place, away of the touristic area, by the sea and village with the aroma of local atmosphere -this is the place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

It was over 15 years ago since that I stayed at el Delfin Blanco and very little has changed except a fancy, resort like road to town, an expanded marina with really fancy boats and some of the homes have been expanded or improved. In the 90s I stayed at El Delfin Blanco with friends and my Dad on multiple occasions.

It's refreshing to know that there are still places in the world that you can visit and see a few external changes but the hotel is just as I remember it years ago-quiet, relaxing and comfortable with the sound of the ocean lulling you to sleep. In the village at night theres a small stand where you can get meat tostadas with everything on them.

At el Delfin you have everything you need and more. It was super hot when we were visiting August 21-23 and every night we returned to a cool, air conditioned room. We slept really well each night and could even hear the ocean. It was my husbands birthday so we were able to sit in the mirador and watch the full moon rise. It was a brilliant orange ball. Osa pancakes were wonderful and she gave us homemade mango chutney for the road. Thank you Osa

My only compliant is our car rental experience and the price. They wanted to charge us 215.00 dollars for 4 days. This seemed nuts so we took an offer to visit/time share presentation at the Mayan resort for 150.00 which was more stressful than I ever imagined. I was thrilled to return to el delfin blanco after this experience. Who knows why car rentals are so expensive? Also, I was shocked at the cost of the restaurants in San Jose. I remember some small bohemian- music restaurants and this no longer exist and are replaced with fancy, very expensive ones such as Tequila and Mi Casa. Amazing how time changes everything and then there's still lovely hotels like El Delfin Blanco that make me happy. Thank Osa for still being there for me after all these years and letting me introduce my husband to El Delfin Blanco.

Love
Kendra

Room Tip: Casita number 3
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kendradunne
Osa_12, Gerente at El Delfin Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Kendradunne

Thank you for coming back after all these years, what a pleasant surprise. Thank you for your write up on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that your husband was still smiling when you left for other adventures in our area.

I agree that rental cars are expensive. Important is to know all the extras when you rent over the Internet. A car for $5 US/day is too good to be true, the by law liability insurance is around $7 US/day and if you take the recomended full cover it will be much more. Ask for all additional costs next time, including airport pick up and drop off costs.

The time share breakfast is not for just two hours, if you have a short vacation you might loose almost a day.

It was wonderful to meet you again and to know your husband. Do not wait too long to come back.

Sincerely
Osa

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Swedish pancakes prepared specially for your breakfast in an outdoor kitchen surrounded by beautiful swaying palms--can it get better or more exotic than this? Add to this picture a charming casita, a gracious host with a passion for Baja, a kitten who guards your casita throughout the night, and a very friendly dog who is more than willing to escort you to the beach and join you for a swim! El Delfin Blanco offers independent travelers like us a tasteful alternative to its huge, impersonal, and expensive neighbor, El Ganso. Our stay couldn't have been more relaxing, especially in the evenings when we were able to gaze at the stars and watch the palm fronds sway from hammocks adding to the comfort of an artfully designed courtyard. Oh, and I almost forgot to add that we had the fortune of visiting El Delfin during mango season. It didn't take Osa long to realize how much we appreciated her daily gift of delicious, sweet mangos from her prolific tree (not to mention the wonderful, homemade mango sauces that accompanied our Swedish pancakes.)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian_Martine
Osa_12, Propietario at El Delfin Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Brian_Martine

I think we have the nicest travelers coming to El Delfin Blanco. I would like to write a thank you to all our guests. People like you make our work so wonderful.
It is easy to be generous with mangos when the tree gives over 1,200 in a litle more than a month. I have prepared them in different ways, for your next visit.

Thank you for your visit and the write up with so many nice words. Welcome back again.

Best from all of us at El Delfin Blanco