“Great Vacation”

Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just returned from a week in Cabo. This resort is very well kept from the grounds to the rooms. The food was good, entertainment was fun. Beach is beautiful, could do without all the vendors. Staff was very friendly. Especially Yanet at the lobby bar. From previous reviews I tried the massage across the street from the resort, great choice $40 usd for 1 hour. Horseback riding on the beach $30 usd for about an hour and half. Would return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank beachlvr_8
Sol H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for your considerate review of your stay with us.

We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed the food, service, and entertainment of the hotel. We value your opinion, and are always looking for ways we can improve the guest experience.
We hope you stay with us again during your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

The resort has great potential, it is immaculately kept, inside and out, but service and amenities are lacking. It caters strongly to owners and as a vacationer, not an owner, we were excluded from numerous activities. Food service was restricted at breakfast everyday, owners had an exclusive restaraunt, some shows were not offered to us at all, never even knew they were happening, but they eere by invitation only. If we sat through a timeshare presentation, we would have been invited.
Unsafe to go into the ocean, smoking allowed, food not available at times, make it hard for me to endorse this resort. The entertainment staff did a great job, kept people involved.

Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank EMS61

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
We hope you will come back and visit us soon!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was the 3rd time here. As an owner we really love the small quaint resort setting with beach access, an accommodating and friendly staff and the excursions. Having stayed at another resort in Cabo the week before, your friendly staff and great guest representatives really make a hugh difference! Do appreciate the benefits to owners, including restaurants, new owners lounge and specifically the Guest Representatives! Our Guest Representative, Alex Anaya, was outstanding and really worked hard to make our visit special. Upgraded to an Ocean Front room with a Jacuzzi Tub on a private patio that was truly outstanding and made us feel pretty special and was well worth the upgrade price, good job Fred on that one!! Do need to work on the Sports Bar situation. Royal Solaris really made our vacation special, we will be back!!

Room Tip: Reserve your room early as Ocean Front upgrade is definitely worth it!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your accommodations and that our team helped to make your stay effortless and relaxing.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We went here for our honeymoon July 2013 and it was just ok. Be prepared to be bombarded by the sales and timeshare group who work for the hotel. Denise I believe meets you at your shuttle bus out front the hotel to check your name on their arrival list. She's very very nice but it's all to get you to talk to one of the timeshare people off to the right as you enter the lobby. They are quite forceful and after reading other reviews I was advised to just FIRMLY say no I just want to check in and get to my room. You have to say it firmly because I was shocked at how aggressive they were. I have no problem saying NO and not feeling bad about it so eventually the man bugged off. Also we had our 1 year old daughter with us and after a long flight that's the last thing you want to hear about. They want to schedule a time for you to sit and listen to their timeshare which is an hour or 2 long. If you like that sort of thing go for it :) also they rent cars in the main lobby but you can go across the street and book them for a bit cheaper. Just check it out its Thrifty Rentals, nice people! Room we had was on the ground floor overlooking the pool. We were in the smoking section blech! :( the lobby is a bit boring, just a bunch of old couches and the entertainment in the lobby after the theatre shows were just ok. The theatre shows were good though. Food was okay. Entertainment staff around pool try to do a good job in the day. The girls love flirting with all the male vacationers I get that's part of their job lol. I found it funny! Beach is beautiful but you can't swim obviously unless you want to commit suicide haha! I saw a woman drop her shades and go running in after them, she came out cut up and bleeding from I'm guessing coral/rock?! One afternoon in the buffet one of the massive 16 foot beams fell from the roof onto a bunch of families enjoying their breakfasts. The roof was leaking a bit from the previous nights massive rainfall and loosened the beam some how. The beam was half hollow and the water was too heavy inside it and made it fall. It was SHOCKING for everyone. Sadly it fell on two small children and one had a very large goose egg and was bleeding pretty bad and the Mother and Father raced out of there with their other child with some of the staff. They were taken to hospital and later when we asked about them they said the children were doing ok. So sad I was crying and completely stunned. Maintenance worked on the ceiling/roof for a couple days after. That obviously was a freak thing and could happen anywhere in Mexico. But wanted to inform people. Would I go back, no. Cleaners and workers are very sweet ( most of them) and work so hard. Pool is nice. USA night was cool on the beach. They do a nice buffet and loud music/show. The Caribbean night is $55 US extra a night and we didn't join but we're told it was ok. If you have any further questions email me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank travellingqueen0000

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to read about the inconvenience you experience at our hotel. Please know that we take comments like yours seriously and that we have addressed them with the respective department, as we strive to provide a seamless experience to all of our guests.
Also, thank you for the compliments on our staff. They really are a treat. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide with a great experience and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning a future stay. We promise that it will be nothing short of amazing.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was our first visit and I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews on the Royal Solaris. We were more than satisfied with our stay. The staff is amazing, everyone was friendly and very accommodating. The hotel was extremely clean! The pools were always clean and the grounds were very well kept up. The location is great too, just a few minutes from the airport and a short ride to Cabo San Lucas. The food was good too, we usually just ate at the buffets (nice variety) but did make a reservation at one of the restaurants one evening. Making the reservation was no hassle at all (as some reviews stated). We upgraded our room to an ocean front and had a great view of the beach/ocean. It was also very quiet. We also enjoyed watching some of the afternoon pool activities...quite funny. The only negatives I would have are that the bed was not the most comfortable and TV wasn't good - but who is there to watch TV, right?!

Room Tip: We upgraded to the ocean front room which was a good choice. It was located above the adult-only poo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had read reviews about the hotel before we got there and thought people have different views. While on the bus, our Sunwing rep advised us not deal with the people on your right when you enter hotel. We were told to go straight to the left hand side which was the check in desk. The check in people didn't care at all about us. There was no welcoming smile and they didn't explain us anything about the hotel. ie. where to find the food, pool and other amenities. I asked the front desk people for a map of the hotel and i was told to deal with the concierge who were located on the right side of the hotel. Guess what.... they were not the concierge but timeshare people. I couldn't believe how the front desk people pushed us to deal with the timeshare people. This was our first vacation and we got sucked into doing a tour of the hotel for one free tour ticket. On our last day we did the tour but we were treated exteremely rudely when we refused to buy their timeshare. JOE the FINANCING MANAGER should not have a job at that hotel or at any service industry. He treated my husband and i like we were nothing. I paid for my vacation and i wanted to enjoy every moment of it and not to spend time with a bunch of timeshare vultures.
We had the red wrist band which meant we were new comers. Even the staff treated us like we were nothing because we didn't have the gold wrist band. The drain in our shower was blocked and we complained about it on Friday in the morning. It wasn't fixed until mid Monday. I eventually paid for a garden view room but we got the noisy city facing view. When i asked if i could change my room, the front desk people told me to bring all my belonging to the front desk at 10.30am and leave it there until 3pm because they weren't going to give me a room until the next room was cleaned. We were very upset how the front desk staff treated us. We paid for 8 days and we should've had a room at all times no matter what. We sat a table for lunch which didnt have any cutlery, we asked the server if they could bring us some cutlery so that we could eat our lunch, guess what ... the waiter never came back with the cutlery. I had to grab cutlery from the next availabe table. This is the kind of the service you get at ROYAL SOLARIS. The only best part about the hotel was the entertainment people. These guys were amazing at entertaining us. I felt like that these are the guys that are holding everyone together at the hotel. They were friendly, had great acitivities during the day and even in the evening. They work really hard and i hope someone someday realise how talented these people are. Eric Moto Moto who is part of the entertainment group was really friendly. He taught us Zumba, which was one the best experiences at the hotel. These guys work without tips. It was really annoying how a waiter treats you if you do not tip them. The mattress for the bed is really that i have a pinched nerve beacause of that. Overrall i would never ever choose this hotel again in my life, I'd rather pay a little extra and enjoy my stay than to waste my money on this hotel.
I would never recomend my friends, family or anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashwinichandra
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We loved this place. The staff is so accommodating and friendly and the hotel is extremely clean and beautiful. The food was very good as well. The food is good and especially the breakfasts in the buffet restaurant. It is close to Cabo San Lucas and the airport as well. I would highly recommend this resort. We are members of Royal Solaris and brought our friends with us. They were so impressed and even joined as members. Victor is such a warm and caring person and he welcomed us with open arms making us really feel like one big family. We give this resort 5 stars.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Diane F
ME Cabo by Melia
ME Cabo by Melia
#14 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#15 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
#42 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!