“New Member of club Solaris” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Solaris Los Cabos

Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Caledonia, Minnesota
“New Member of club Solaris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have a time share in Flordia, which was great but club solaris is the best we have ever been at, did buy a membership there this year, extremely clean, great food anytime you want along with drinks all enclusive. surrounding city is very safe and friendly, great pool and spa ficilities, waited on hand and foot. we will be going back as often as we can. We are from Minn. left here at neg 21 blow in Feb, arrived to 85 degree weather F. Our children are grown but others there with children bragged about the great water park type facilities for children with supervision so mom and dad can enjoy some quiet time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback, we are excited that you now are part of the Club Solaris family!, and we'll be seeing more often in Los Cabos and Cancun.

Warm Regards,
^G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,280)
Burlington, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

The food was terrible.If you were not part of the time share crowd you were treated second class. Not really all inclusive had to pay for two dinners and shows during the week to cater to time shares.Resort is aged needs work kids pool had pieces of concrete chipping off.I travel 3 times a year and have been to better 3 stars then this resort.However cabo is a beautiful place to bad this resort ruined it.

4 Thank Allan T
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Royal Solaris Los Cabos. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our utmost priority is a focus on servicing to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations, and as such we take our guest feedback very seriously so that we can continue to improve our product and service offerings.

Since receiving your feedback, I have addressed your concerns with regards to staff servicing at the maintenance and our Executive Chef.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked at Royal Solaris and then read some of the unfair reviews written here. We were a bit concerned that we made a bad choice. Those concerns were alleviated the minute we arrived. If you don't want to read any further, I will summarize by saying that I had the best vacation ever, I will definitely be back and I will recommend this resort to my friends and family. I do however want to address some of criticisms brought up in previous reviews.
1. The food - flavorful, diverse, well presented and SAFE. I have a chronic digestive ailment which makes me sensitive to food changes and I did not experience a moment of sickness in my entire trip! I witnessed the food prep team monitoring and recording the holding temperatures in the buffets and I don't see this happening in restaurants where I live!. If you like Mexican food, this hotel allows you to try a diverse range of famous dishes. If you don't like Mexican food, the hotel offers a generous selection of international food, too. Although IMO, if you don't want to try Mexican food, why go to Mexico?
1a. -The drinks- It is not true that they are watered down. I watched bartenders break seals on bottles and pour directly, on many occasions. I also drink straight Jim Beam and Scotch, so I would know if the booze was stepped on. If you want a stronger drink, all you have to do is ask and they'll make it stronger.
2. Time share pushers - Yes, Royal Solaris is a time-share. However, we weren't hounded or constantly bothered by salesmen! Here's the thing, if you accept a "free" gift in return for your promise to attend a "presentation" then that is your problem. We politely declined once and were never asked to come to a presentation again. Seriously, I get bothered more at home by telemarketers and such.
3. Vendors - Yes, there are people who make a living selling souvenirs on the beach. You will get approached. The people who approached us were very polite and left us alone if we said we were not interested. In other countries, I have literally been chased by beach vendors who won't take "no" for an answer. In the town of San Jose, store clerks sit outside of their stores and try to invite you in. They are very charming and hospitable. Rafael at El-Mariachi, across from the Tropicana invited us in and gave us free Tequila while we explored his goods. He is a very warm and knowledgeable man. I barely manged to leave his store with some money left in my wallet. Seriously, go see Rafael.
4. You can't swim in the ocean - Although it is true that you should not swim in the water, unless you are a very strong swimmer, this doesn't mean you can't get wet. We spent days wading and walking along the miles of pristine beach in front of the hotel. Go play in the water, then lay on the sand and watch the whales..then go back in the water. If you need more excitement I am sure there lots of other stuff to do but we did exactly this... for days.
I am a married middle aged guy from Edmonton who has done some traveling around Europe, the Caribean and the U.S.. Whenever a vacation was over, I was always ready to go home. My vacation at Royal Solaris was different. I did not want to leave. I you stay here and can't have a good time, you need to do some self-analysis.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Dawn_Rob_13
Nice to hear that you didn't disappoint at your arrival! Our location has always been positively commented on and we're glad you found it to be convenient, too. As a result of guests' feedback, we continue to strive on improvements to our offerings....glad you found the buffets diverse enough to meet your satisfaction. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Your commendations of the staff will be passed along to them.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

The resort is great, the staff is AMAZING!!!!!!
The food is good and it is sooooo clean it's great!!!
If you planing to travel with your family it is the place.
Can't wait to be back next year!

The only thing is the beds and the pillows not that great, and if the kids area would be more included in the pool area would be so much better.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Luba M
Thanks for your feedback. It's good to receive comments such as yours so we can ensure to continue with improvements with our services and facilities. Please note that we will consider your review as we plan our upcoming renovations of beds and pillows of the hotel.

EDMONTON, ALBERTA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed at the Royal Solaris from Jan. 25 to Feb.2/2014. I have been to all inclusive spots at least 10 times, and as I usually do I read many many reviews before I went. For the first time, I chose this hotel based strictly on the best price I could find, and ignored the rating. I don't think I have ever seen so many negative reviews on a hotel I was going to, and I was quite worried. I have come to the conclusion that the reviews are totally skewed towards the negative, with the people having good experiences probably not even feeling the need to review it. I am still reading reviews a couple of weeks after, and it doesn't seem to be the same place! some of the complaints are just silly, like no bacon for breakfast. Bacon is probably the most popular
Item and every breakfast I had, if it was low, I wasn't ,even through the line when it was being replenished. I think you can't compare this hotel with a five star at twice the price as that does not make sense. I found this place great for what I paid and in fact, had better service than I usually find, including frequent drink refills around the pool. The concerns about food safety including some reviews suggesting that food is re-used is ludicrous. I don't know where these people come up with this stuff! The food, overall, was adequate for what you are paying. People who felt the need to pay for A.I. and yet go off site to eat, probably have a private chef at home and should not be staying at a 3 star. Yes, the food choices were more limited than some places, but what they had was fresh, and hot, and for the most part, varied enough with different theme nights, and the ala cartes, it didn't seem like you were eating the same thing over again.

Yes, the resort is a bit dated, but it was always kept very clean. We could smell the clean smell in the hallways from the maids doing the rooms. The pool was beautiful, but you may want to sit as far away from the main activity center as possible due to the incessant noise from entertainment crew. Watch out for the Seagulls as they are very aggressive and several people, including my Son, lost their plate to a swooping bird. As for kids, yes, there are lots of families and kids there, but it would be silly to be surprised by this as it is a budget priced resort. If this bothers you, maybe you should go adults only, or to the resorts to costly to bring a family.

All I will say about the towel issue, is you pretty much have to play the towel game in every A.I. I have ever been to. At least, here, they have a very good token system, where you have to turn the towel in every night. This discourages people from leaving towels on chairs overnight. The beach at this resort is huge, almost too big, as the walk from the chairs to the ocean is quite far.
With the ocean being too violent to easily swim, we only sat there once, but we sat by the pool facing the ocean, which we found great. The weather in Mexico always seems to be perfect, but it was our first time going this early in the year, and found it nice to be more tolerable at around 24C than when it hits 30 later in the season. The main negative, is that most dinners are down in the dungeon they call a theater, and you had to eat at large tables 8 people plus at each. Also, on the nights where they have members only meals, you didn't really have a choice to not eat there as the main restaurant wasn't open. Oh yes, about the often mentioned time share banditos, we never ever had a conversation with them. We arrived late, and in the morning a note was under our door saying you could get this or that if you go for a presentation. We didn't, and never we're bothered by anyone.

To summarize, this is not the newest, or fanciest resort you will stay in, but it is clean, with OK food, and excellent service. Make sure you get your omelet every morning from Lucy. She will make your day with her always up-beat smiling attitude! This resort is well worth visiting,
especially if you can get a good deal.

Room Tip: If you don't like anything about your room, ask to switch. The room you get will always be nicer...
10 Thank tropicalboy
Thank you for your comments. Glad you enjoyed your short visit with us. We appreciate your positive feedback on our staff. We hope you will reconsider Royal Solaris Los Cabos again when you return for another visit to Los Cabos

Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Our group of 8 (two families aged 9 to 50ish) stayed at Royal Solaris the last week of January 2014. I have stayed at 7 all-inclusive resorts. Our experience was generally quite positive. My overall rating of "very good" is based mostly on the staff. We all had a relaxing vacation and left quite happy. Overall the resort was a good value for the price. Having read some less than positive reviews we were somewhat worried but no need. It is not fancy but it was clean and well maintained. The staff was happy, friendly and polite. Our favourite "land server" (we spent most waking hours poolside) was Carlos. He worked very hard and we tipped him often. The entertainment staff was full of energy and enthusiasm and very talented! Catch the shows if you're spending the evenings at the resort. They work and train hard. Thanks to the whole team for great entertainment and beautiful costumes! The food was our biggest worry after the reviews but we were overall pleased - nobody was ever hungry. We ate at Marco Polo and all of us enjoyed our meals (they brought in fries and chicken fingers for the kids). I must say, the coffee leaves much to be desired. Breakfast by the ocean was a wonderful way to start the day (watch for whales and jumping rays). Our room (335) had a decent view of the ocean and we enjoyed crashing waves and quiet nights. Clean and comfortable room with extra firm double mattress. Nobody seemed to notice the beds exhausted by sun, fun and a little Tequila. Showers had great pressure. Two of our group booked a massage and both agreed it was money well spent. Walking the beautiful beach is a nice way to spend some quiet time. The vendors on the beach were persistent but a firm no did the trick. I let myself get talked into looking at some silver jewelry and ended buying a little turtle charm that I absolutely adore. We did walk to the Megastore (basically a Superstore) mall (about 15 minute walk) and picked up some pool toys and a Starbucks. One night we walked to a local bar (don't know the name but the entertainment staff can tell you) near the Megamall and walked home at 12:00. Ladies drink free on Thursday. If I had to make a negative comment it would be that it felt crowded by the main pool. Chairs are very close together. But they make the best of it and all guests seemed happy and friendly so not really a problem. A variety of daily activities to get you moving. One highlight of our trip would be the photography session - you will see sample portraits around the resort with the extension to call. Sessions are offered through Cabo Adventures. They are a bit hard to reach but worth it. There is a kiosk under the double stairs leading up to the lobby. Alejandro was professional and efficient getting all of 8 of us into a 30 minute session including breaking us down to the two families. He took many great shots and we intended on buying only one or two per family but bought a package of 15. We are all very happy with the photos and I recommend you call him up - spend a bit of time getting ready because you may end up hanging it on your wall. Thank you, thank you Alejandro for our wonderful family portraits! We booked a couple of excursions (on line before we left Canada) and we were happy with both Cabo Adventures and especially Cabo Whale Watching. For an inexpensive and relaxing all inclusive Royal Solaris was a great option. Thank you to all the hard working staff that made our stay fun, relaxing and worry-free. Salut!

Room Tip: Room 335 was located close to ocean with a decent view. Quite at night - only the sound of waves cr...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your considerate review of your stay with us.

We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed the food, service, and location of the hotel. We value your opinion, and are always looking for ways we can improve the guest experience.
We hope you stay with us again during your next trip to the area.

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Most staff were friendly but the front desk I found not very helpful and a little surly , the food was not very good always cold...the drinks were so so but they couldn't make a margarita to save their lives

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bill S
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
We'd like to thank you for your feedback, as our guests' thoughts and impressions are very important for us.

Allow us to inform you that our Executive Chef already have checked kitchen equipment in order to maintain the appropriate temperature of food. Regarding the service provided for one of our employees, we will look closely into this situation and make the proper adjustments.

Once again thank you for your feedback
Warm regards,

Hotel Riu Santa Fe
#36 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,471 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#17 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
#31 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,312 reviews

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!