Going into this resort I knew this would not be a 5 star all inclusive resort. I have spent many years traveling around the Caribbean and Mexico and have had many experience. I knew based on the reviews that I should not expect much so I went in with no expectations. That is exactly what I got. Had I expected an entry level Iberostar or Iberostar grand hotel I would have turned around and walked out. We were immediately accosted by time share people and then at check in we were hit with one fee after another. You want to come to our Mexican buffet?thats $50 per person. You want to come to see the show? That's extra. Everything was extra. Really sad. Not that alcohol is only thing we go for but there was ONE bar to service all the restaurants and beach area. There's no way you can expect two guys to do that, it's just not fair.
The entertainment... God love those entertainers, they really had an incredible desire to entertain and they honestly did the best they could with what they were given. The "theater" room is a banquet hall with large long tables that was like going to a really bad wedding.
The rooms: I paid for the oceanfront suite which I stayed in for 4 nights. It was much nicer than my friends room which looked onto an alley with piles of broken furniture and dumpsters. They told me it was booked for the remainder of my stay and then had me move to another room on the first floor aka Basement, next to activity pool that was just disgusting. I asked for anything better and would pay whatever the price but nope. The outlets throughout the room were black from shorts, it stunk of sewage and was really sad. I really was not expecting much and they exceeded my expectations, but not in a good way. I actually tried to get a flight home because it was that bad and we were spending a fortune going outside the resort to get a decent meal and a cocktail. Shout out to the "wine Bar bistro" across the street... Total ripoff! They charged us $23.00, yes, that's right, $23.00 for a martini. We tried to argue with the waiter, then manager, they said they always charge double for a whole martini. Who the hell orders half a martini? Really? We were desperate for something good but come on. Let's put it this way, at dinner, I asked for a wine list at dinner thinking I could have at least some options... I was told "red or white?!?!?!" Seriously? I'm not a wine snob but really?
I worked really hard not to compare it and just take it for what it was, where it was and what I paid and I have to say, I would return to Cabo in a heart beat but you honestly could not pay me to stay here again. Lose the time share sharks in the lobby and for Pete's sake, get some decent liquor and some help for these bartenders. It's no fun standing in a hot line to be snarled at by an overworked bartender who couldn't crack a smile to save his life. Thank god we found waiter Alfredo would brought drinks after some very good tips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo