“Great Vacation for Family”

Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Hayward, California
“Great Vacation for Family”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is an amazing child friendly resort. My 7 year old had a fantastic time. Food was great wherever we went; breakfast, lunch or dinner. Many wonderful activities and shows. Our room was super clean and quite comfortable. Fabulous cleaning staff and very responsive maintenance.

Our entire vacation was made the best by Armando. He is the very best at making us feel welcome, meeting our every need, and making us want to return as soon as possible. Friendly and personable. What a treasure!

Room Tip: Prepare for the time share sales experience. You can do as much or as little in the way of activity...
2 Thank Sherry T
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your recommendation. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel rooms, our shows, and our staff. Our chef is pleased, too, that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. We hope you will join us again when you are next in Los Cabos.

Best regards,
^G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,326)
Salem, MA
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Going into this resort I knew this would not be a 5 star all inclusive resort. I have spent many years traveling around the Caribbean and Mexico and have had many experience. I knew based on the reviews that I should not expect much so I went in with no expectations. That is exactly what I got. Had I expected an entry level Iberostar or Iberostar grand hotel I would have turned around and walked out. We were immediately accosted by time share people and then at check in we were hit with one fee after another. You want to come to our Mexican buffet?thats $50 per person. You want to come to see the show? That's extra. Everything was extra. Really sad. Not that alcohol is only thing we go for but there was ONE bar to service all the restaurants and beach area. There's no way you can expect two guys to do that, it's just not fair.
The entertainment... God love those entertainers, they really had an incredible desire to entertain and they honestly did the best they could with what they were given. The "theater" room is a banquet hall with large long tables that was like going to a really bad wedding.
The rooms: I paid for the oceanfront suite which I stayed in for 4 nights. It was much nicer than my friends room which looked onto an alley with piles of broken furniture and dumpsters. They told me it was booked for the remainder of my stay and then had me move to another room on the first floor aka Basement, next to activity pool that was just disgusting. I asked for anything better and would pay whatever the price but nope. The outlets throughout the room were black from shorts, it stunk of sewage and was really sad. I really was not expecting much and they exceeded my expectations, but not in a good way. I actually tried to get a flight home because it was that bad and we were spending a fortune going outside the resort to get a decent meal and a cocktail. Shout out to the "wine Bar bistro" across the street... Total ripoff! They charged us $23.00, yes, that's right, $23.00 for a martini. We tried to argue with the waiter, then manager, they said they always charge double for a whole martini. Who the hell orders half a martini? Really? We were desperate for something good but come on. Let's put it this way, at dinner, I asked for a wine list at dinner thinking I could have at least some options... I was told "red or white?!?!?!" Seriously? I'm not a wine snob but really?
I worked really hard not to compare it and just take it for what it was, where it was and what I paid and I have to say, I would return to Cabo in a heart beat but you honestly could not pay me to stay here again. Lose the time share sharks in the lobby and for Pete's sake, get some decent liquor and some help for these bartenders. It's no fun standing in a hot line to be snarled at by an overworked bartender who couldn't crack a smile to save his life. Thank god we found waiter Alfredo would brought drinks after some very good tips.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laurie G
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel.

Warm regards,

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place was incredible we were just there last week and my family and I had the time of our lives !! thanks to Karina who helped us plan every detail of our trip and treated us like kings !
the time share experience was a little pushy and the man in charge wanted nothing to do with you unless you were buying! but that's ok he didn't get to us we still had a blast !! the food was gross but we read all reviews and that was to be expected ! we ate at this taco place to the right of the hotel with the blue umbrellas and it was honestly the best tacos we had ever eaten !! overall great trip would go back !!! in fact we are next year !

Room Tip: ask for the ocean front room 584 ! great room !
3 Thank Dust m
We thank you for our positive comments and glad you had an enjoyable stay. Ten tu Taco is excellent and a favorite of many guests - there is also a Tapas and a Ice cream shop restaurant next to the tacos, you must try them on your next visit!

Hope you had a fantastic time at Royal Solaris Los Cabos

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just got back from Royal Solaris and was not pleased at all. The rooms were old and maintenance of the room was not up to date. The food was not kid friendly and the buffet got old after a while. Being in Mexico we expected to have authentic Mexican food but was let down by having cheap quality food. The only positive thing I enjoyed about the hotel were their kid friendly pools with the slides. My children really enjoyed that. Other than that the main pool was always full which made it hard to move around the pool. After this visit, we will never go back again.

1 Thank Jazmine V
Thanks for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, we are deeply sorry about your experience with us, we are in the business of making people happy and I wish we could have done so for you. I have passed on all of your feedback to the relative managers. If you were to ever consider giving us another chance please contact me directly at redessociales@hotelessolaris.com and I would love to try and turn around your experience.

Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our stay at the Royal Solaris in Cabo was an incredible week of fun and relaxation. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The resort was very clean as well as the beach area. The entertainment staff goes above and beyond and their talent surpasses what I've seen in the past. A special mention of thanks to Zoe Smith, whose smile lights up the room. Such a beautiful young woman with an incredible dance ability. She was a delight to spend time with and made our vacation that much more special. I will suggest this resort to family and friends and will return in the near future. The only thing I would suggest they change, is to provide free wifi to their guests. I know some travelers were upset with the cost.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for the outstanding review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your entire stay at our hotel and that we were able to make your vacation all that more special and customized.
It's the little things that count and we are glad that you noticed. We will make sure to let our entire staff know that they contributed to a memorable experience. We love that we are one of your favorite places to stay! Regarding the Internet, you can take advantage of wednesdays, when there is free internet in the hotel from 11 am to 2 pm We look forward to seeing you again soon and please let us know if we may be of any assistance in planning a future family vacation.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Polo was a great concierge. He went above and beyond for me and my boyfriend and we appreciate it! Carolina/Caro was our housekeeper and she did little touches to the room which made it fun. The rest of the staff was upbeat and fun. I recommend Royal Solaris.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 star review! We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel and thanks for the compliments on our staff . We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We returned from our trip as a family to this wonderful all-inclusive resort. We are members so we have been 3 times now but the first with the 5 kids. We were very pleased with the food this time as a couple of years ago it was so-so. We were disappointed in the changes in service. When we were first here we were not members and we loved it. We expected even better service as members but found it lacking in some areas. Rarely could we find a waiter to bring a drink without a hassle and it was a long wait at the pool bar. They weren't as helpful and at the Rosamarinus morning restaurant we had no greeting, long wait, and poor service. No offer for coffee, no cream. We enjoyed the Cafe Solaris for breakfast with awesome service. Our favorite waiter was still here so we enjoyed out meals with Luis whenever we can. We found Mauro too and he is just top notch. We liked talking with him and he and Luis made our stay great.
Our concierge, Mario, was nice but we noticed after we declined the upgrade on our timeshare type membership he "forgot" to make our dinner reservations and ignored us in the lobby. Next time we will definitely request our favorite concierge, Armando Flores. We met him a couple of years ago and he is so fun and cheerful and seems to care more about the money he could make. We enjoyed talking with him again and he is just so helpful and personable.
The people that made our trip the best ever were the sports and entertainment team. My children range 4 years old to 20 years old and I have never seen them have so much fun.
Jimmy and Moto Moto (Erik) got them involved immediately in endless activites and fun. There was something for every personality to enjoy. We just loved the amazing shows and the fun skits and audience-involved events. Zoe was such a fun person that my girls just loved. She was our favorite dancer as well along with Koko. My little one asked all the time, "is it time for the show?"
Tonnii the tiger and Ivan, Danny-boy, Pancho, and the awesome dancer that was Lady Gaga (I forgot her name) were so fun and made a real personal feeling to the vacation. They care about people and make it so much fun. They are good at helping everyone have fun, they are excellent dancers as well as Moto Moto and Jimmy. What an amazing group of very talented people that are so good at bringing out the fun in everyone. I don't care about remodeling and the look of the place - it is the people that make the difference. I would not return to this resort if it were not for the Sports and Entertainment team. Neither would my kids.
A shout out to the Kids Club! Dora and her assistant that is a dancer as well are just awesome and my daughter loved them and the play area with water slides.
Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your expedient review. We are so glad you enjoyed the food of the resort, and we pride ourselves on thoroughly excellent customer service. Be sure that all the entertainment Team will receive your great comments

We invite you back for your next trip to Los Cabos.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
#23 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#16 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
#41 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!