“Best honeymoon it could've possibly been!”

Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Buena Park, California
“Best honeymoon it could've possibly been!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I found this hotel on Costco's travel website, and we were instantly excited because everyone seemed mostly pleased with it. Let me tell you- it was the most relaxing and wonderful experience I could've hoped for on our honeymoon! From the beginning, the staff is super friendly and welcoming. Everyone was always SUPER happy and took wonderful care of us. The rooms were big and comfortable and ours had a beautiful walk-out balcony that we sat on each night and listened to the waves. The pools were clean and the drinks were fantastic (Go see Antonio!!!). We absolutely loved seeing Josue and Aleks every day. The two of them kept us laughing the whole time and made sure we were never lacking anything. Emma kept us entertained by making fun of Aleks each day at lunch. David at Panchos was really sweet, too. When he found out it was our honeymoon, he had the chef put together a dessert plate for us with the words "Happy Honeymoon! <3" written next to the brownie (dessert is usually buffet so it was extra special). Tony, Zoe, and Poncho were HILARIOUS and will have you snorting your drinks through your nose at the activity center. They always have something fun going in the large pool to keep everyone having a great time. They're also great about coming around to see if you want to join in on the fun! Luis introduced us to scuba diving, and now we're both hooked! He was so patient and a really awesome teacher. When we forgot to pick up our dive cards at the end of our dive, he called the center and got all of the information for us so that we'd have them for future dives. The buffet at breakfast and the dinner at Panchos kept us full at all times. We ate SO much! We stayed for 5 days and the only time the food wasn't fantastic was one night at buffet dinner when they did a seafood night, but we also aren't huge seafood fans so it might have just been that.
All in all, an incredible experience. We've never been out of the country before, so we were both a little worried, but everything went really smoothly and every single staff member we came into contact with was very attentive and helpful. We're already making plans to go back!

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra money and get an ocean-front room. Everyone thought we were sending the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nichole P
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property Royal Solaris Los Cabos. I am so pleased that you had a memorable stay! Thank you for letting us know how well you were treated by our staff members and how much you enjoyed your room. We strive to provide exceptional customer service for every guest and I’m very proud we were able to do this for you. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and we all look forward to seeing you again.

^G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,313)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

First trip to Cabo, first hotel stay in Cabo, only to learn there are many other options to choose from. Better searches may have found what i really wanted. This trip met my "first trip to Cabo" expectations/ I learned if I ever return to Cabo, I know it would take further planning and research and not just following an online link. The regular staff, though, were absolutely wonderful; very attentive to detail and cleanliness. The girl that checked me in was wonderful. The greeter was pleasant. Hugo was fantastic! The wait staff in the dining/buffet area, the waiter on the beach, Ana in the lounge, and the gal that gave me my massage were all wonderful. The 2nd-level and 3rd-level staff wanting to grab you for the timeshare presentation were so pushy. I did appreciate the massage as a result of sitting through their presentations. The birthday surprise in my room that evening was really wonderful.

Room Tip: Pay more, you get a view of the water. But, even with the room with the view, children are allowed...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Irene A
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Royal Solaris Los Cabos . Our goal is to provide our guests with great service along with a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere.

Please accept my sincerest apologies if you felt pushy our Club Solaris presentation. We do work hard to establish high standards of quality and guest service. We have shared your feedback with our operating teams, helping them identify specific service breakdowns.

Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I returned from a week long stay at Royal Solaris.. We have been Solaris members for more than 20 years, going first to Cancun and now to Cabo. This is the first time we did not take the side trips offered through Solaris, which are wonderful, as we really needed "down time": reading, poolside sunning and swimming, enjoying the resort, and the restaurants. The staff here is very friendly and ready to help you with anything you need. I have to mention some of the fabulous staff we had the pleasure to meet on this vacation:
First: Sandra Resendez, who helped us with our reservations, and checked on us several times to make sure everything was in order.
Next: Elena (our concierge), Rosa, and Jose, in Member Services, who helped us with whatever was needed. In particular, I asked Elena and Rose if it would be possible for me to walk around with one of the groundskeepers, because it is so well landscaped. Elena and Rosa asked Filomeno, the Manager of the groundskeepers to show me around! I learned a great deal about the plants and the work of his many groundsmen (and women!). Also, Gustavo Rojas, was brought in to translate, since my Spanish is not that good. Filomeno is an encyclopedia of plant knowledge! He knew the plants, the ages of many of the palms, and he carefully explained why certain flowers are used, and how often they are dug up and replaced, for continuous bloom times. He stressed the desert atmosphere and how that figures into the plantings, and water usage, and then proudly showed Gustavo and me the topiary which is 'hidden in plain sight" around the resort. He was most generous with his time. I hope this can be somehow developed into a seminar for interested guests. A few more wonderful staff members: Luis at Café Solaris, and Ricardo at both Pancho's and at the Marco Polo Restaurants: both of these men made our dining, whether breakfast or dinner, delightful.We loved the Rosmarinus open buffet for lunch. Leon and Alberto made wonderful cocktails after dinner in the Member Premium Bar. The shows were very good: Bravo (Brava) to the choreographer and the dancers, who are in the fabulous entertainment staff, especially to Koko and Xoxo and for their water exercises poolside. The entertainment staff is very talented...I didn't learn the names of the guys, but they were excellent dancers, also. Finally, Magda, who is a perfectionist in the nail salon, the wonderful massage therapist in the Salon, whose name, I'm sorry I've forgotten, and Emanual, the locksmith, who responded within 10 minutes when I inadvertently locked our in-room safe in the "open position". Thank you all for your professionalism and kindness. We'll be back!
By the way...this is a family hotel...there is a lovely area for the kids, with childcare and fun waterslides and activities. It's easy to check on them. There is also a separate pool area for the little ones.

Room Tip: The corner suites are more expensive, but what a nice place for an Anniversary week.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is certainly great for our staff to be recognized in this way. We take pride in the fact that we cater to a variety of needs specifically for family and honeymooners alike. Hope to see you again on your next trip !!

South San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my first time there, thanks to my sister and brother-in-law. I had an amazing time. Thank you to Zoe, Tonnii, Koko, Poncho, Jimmy Boy and the rest of the entertainment crew. You did a great job. Thank you to Lucy for the awesome omelettes and Mauro our waiter who always made sure we had everything we needed. You have a great staff who made us feel like family. Thank you all so much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank for taking the time to post your review. It is always great to read that we have provided our guests with the best possible vacation experience. Royal Solaris Los Cabos is indeed right smack in the middle of everything ! Our staff does a great job in taking care of our guests, and it seems we make it with you!

San jose
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is alright but the lobby staff was the best! Yanet was excellent! She was very sweet and was always there for my friends and I. Also, Hugo and Polo were very nice and friendly! Things that they hotel could possibly improve is the food was just okay, can't complain but I didn't really enjoy it!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Myexperince
Thank you for your comments about Royal Solaris Los Cabos, we will give your congrats to Yanet, Hugo and Polo for their excellent service. Otherwise I would like to apologize about the food, we give take this comments seriously and we give them to our executive chef to make the proper adjustments.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is my 4th time here since 2010....it just gets better.....people are friendly....they remember you....got Oceanfront this time ....it's worth the extra money.....I have nothing negative to say about this place!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Shaune M
Thanks for your review, we are always getting better so you can feel this is your home away from home!, Hope to see you back soon!

Mesa
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We went on a family vacation and had the best time! The hotel was in a perfect location right on the beach. The pool was set up perfectly where you could see the beach while laying in the pool. The staff and service and entertainment team were fantastic!! We loved Zoe, Koko, Tiger, Emer, Ramon, Alejandro and the rest of the staff and entertainment team!! They were all so nice and helped make our stay and vacation so great! They are all so talented also! We would definitely love to go back to this same resort for another trip to Cabo!

• Stayed July 2014
We are so grateful for considering us as your favorite destination. Thank you so much for your positive comments on our service and our restaurants.

Our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of your stay your best “VACATION” ever.

Receive a warm greeting
Hotel Riu Santa Fe
#41 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,651 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#16 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,253 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,083 reviews
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!