We went to the Royal Solaris for a week in March. We were a group of 4, one of which had never traveled before. All-in-all, we had a great stay. Unfortunately, our luggage didn't arrive when we did; we only got one bag out of 4. I talked to EVERYONE; the front desk, the bellmen, the contactours rep, another tour rep, the time share guys,and we had them 24 hours from when we landed. Special thanks to Carlos from Contactours and Benjamin, the other tour rep! Note that the missing luggage was Northwest Airlines' fault, not the resort's. To review:
Cleanilness- I don't think I have ever been to a cleaner resort. There were housekeeping people everywhere all the time. Sometimes it took a while for the maids to get to the rooms, but they did a great job.
Rooms - After reading reviews, we didn't expect an ocean view. What we got was a beautiful view of the hills/mountains behind the resort (rm 573). Our friends' room was not particularly close, but they had a patio that was huge (Rm 1415).
Food - It was ok. Breakfast is far and beyond the best. One person in our party couldn't get over the fact that he could get pancakes, french toast, and waffles all at once! The omlette ladies will just fry you a couple of eggs as well. Try the oatmeal, I don't know what they put in it, but it is really good. Also try the pancakes with sweetened condensed milk on them, different, but good. Always plently of fresh fruit and veggies and juices. I was very pleasently suprized by the food at the snack bar. The hamburgers are real meat, not the prefab patties I expected. Plently of fresh salsa, guacomole, veggies and fruit there as well. The supper buffet was fine; we always found enough of something we liked to fill up. The paella was excellent! I was not really all that impressed with Marco Polo, but we ate at Pancho's twice and the fajitas and fish were excellent.
Entertainment - there was something scheduled through out the day and you could take it or leave it. The dance troupe was really quite good and we went to 2 of the evening shows. Sometimes in-resort entertainment is just painfull, but these guys had some tallent! Their choreographer is very challenging and they made these kids do the pollside entertainment during the day! I asked them when they slept and they just laughed and said they got plently!
TIme Share Guys - never bothered us at all after one polite no.
Drinks - yes, they are a little on the weaker side, but when you are pretty much drinking all day, do you really want strong drinks? Kudos to the staff who serve drinks on the beach and around the pool. Bring a travel mug; the drinks come in 8oz glasses and melt rather quickly.
Tours - Out of our group, 2 did a 3 hour ATV tour, 2 swam with the dolphins, and 2 went fishing. Excellent experiences all around! Note that a taxi from the hotel to Cabo will cost 350 pesos. If you pay them in USD, they will charge you $35. If you change into pesos at the desk, it will only cost you about $25. Comments; 3 hours of ATV-ing is enough, they were tired. Fishing was great, but it was really rough! Do not go fishing if you get seasick! We had a ball, but talked to others who did not have a capt/crew who really cared. Make sure the tour guy knows the captain! Cabo is fun but very much geared to spring breakers, but we had the best fish tacos in the little place in front of Cabo Wabo. San Jose del Cabo is much more fun.
In general, we had a great time. Will we go back? Probably not, but not because of the resort; we just prefer the carribean side of Mexico. We would definitely do another Solaris property. Just remember it's Mexico!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo