Two tier system for guest, club members / time shares and then, the rest of us, who they hope to convince to buy into their fabulous dream. Never consider buying at this hotel or any timeshare for that matter, its a waste of your money.
For the general guest there are some considerations; You're on a no swimming beach. The stinging jellyfish and rip tides make it dangerous.
Its cool at the Solaris in the morning and most evenings (surrounded by cool ocean water) you'll need a jacket and long pants sometimes.
The food varies between average (at the very best) to poor and repetitive, oh so repetitive. Recycling food has been raised to the genius level at the Royal Solaris. Beef, will be beef salad, left over potatoes will be potato soup etc, Every dish has many lives! And, they have a knack of disguising the flavour. We had lamb a couple of nights and could only recognize, bony, fatty, sinewy but not Lamb. Breakfast, however, was always good.
Most of the quality food and alcohol along with special entertainments, were reserved for the time share and club solaris people. Two tier all the way.
Never waste your money on this hotel, its a 2 star and buying into their time share or club is totally unthinkable. There are lots of choices out there don't consider the Solaris a decent choice.
On a positive note, the staff was friendly and helpful and better than at some high end resorts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Inclusive family beachfront resort with 387 rooms in a Mexican hacienda-style, located in san Jose del Cabo, Mexico. Royal Solaris Los Cabos offers unlimited meal and beverages in our 5 restaurants, Room service (delivery fee), Dinner show at Tehuacan Theater, 4 bars, 3 pools with heather system (including relaxes & kids pools), Business center, Spa and beauty salon ($), Steam room, fitness center, hospitality rooms, on site shops. Other services include 24 hr medical service (on call) ($). Shuttle service to Cabo San Lucas ($). Weekly activities program for all ages. Tennis and basketball courts, also beach volleyball court. Theme parties and dinner shows. Junior's club (video games). Live and ambient music at the lobby bar. Kids club & Mini Water park. Scuba diving demo at the diving pool. Meeting room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Solaris Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Royal Solaris Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Solaris
- Los Cabos Royal Solaris
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo