We were "moved" to this hotel from Dreams due to over booking (see Dreams review). The first couple of days of our 10 night stay were fantastic. Great service, excellent food, a number of restaurants to chose from. The hotel appeared busy, but not overcrowded. We noted that most of the guests were government officials of one kind or another, and were informed that they were pre-scouting teams for the upcoming June G7 conference. By the third day of our stay they had all left, and the hotel changed completely. Staff disappeared, service became indifferent, and all the restaurants closed except for the "main" dining room, poolside grill (lunch only), and the small fixed-menu boutique restaurant (evening). The hotel became a proverbial ghost property. It couldn't have been more than 25% occupied. The limited menus did not change, and the only buffet offered was breakfast, with little or no variation from day to day. The quality of whatever food was available became hit-and miss. Since this was an all-inclusive package, food quality and selection was an important part of our vacation. We even ordered room service one evening even though it was the same menu as the dining room, just to have a different view! Other issues abounded, but suffice it to say that by the middle of our stay we were looking forward to going back home. We would have never stepped on the plane in Calgary had we known what was in store.
We are pursuing legal action to recover the cost of the vacation from our agent and/or the booking company (Holiday House).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo